Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Ticket - YouTube TV vs DirecTV
-I've had DirectTV for many years

-I want to ditch it b/c I don't watch any regular TV anymore

-I live in Cincinnati

-I don't want to miss any Bengals games.

-I thought I read that NFL ticket moved to YT TV?

Do I need either one?

Thanks in advance!
Reply/Quote
If you only wanna watch Bengals games you don't need Sunday Ticket, just grab an antenna and get it over the air. If you want redzone, you can get it from NFL+ Premium on the NFL app for ~15 bucks a month.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's on YouTube now.
Reply/Quote
Thanks fellas

Are there any games that will be on the NFL Network or ESPN?
…….Thus the need for one of these?

Thx
Reply/Quote
I tried to watch the 1st preseason game live on NFL + and I kept getting kicked off the stream and had to reopen it dozens of times. I'm thinking the high volume of people using the service is the reason. The video quality was great when it was working. I wonder if anyone else had this problem?

Regardless, if the games during the season aren't picked up by my antenna, I'm going to go out and do something and come back after the game is over to watch it with NFL+ premium. It's only $80 for the year so it should be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 11:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: Thanks fellas

Thx

All games are locally broadcasted even those on pay channels. I believe in season the games on ESPN, Amazon Prime, and NFLN are simulcast on channel 5. So as long as you have access to the local channels, all will be good

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
After 20+ years I ditched DirecTV two years ago for YTTV so I was ecstatic when they won the bid. Being in Memphis I was having to hunt down various IPTV methods and crappy streams to see Bengals games.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 08:38 AM)pally Wrote: All games are locally broadcasted even those on pay channels.  I believe in season the games on ESPN, Amazon Prime, and NFLN are simulcast on channel 5.  So as long as you have access to the local channels, all will be good

Thanks Pally Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 11:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: Thanks fellas

Thx

Thursday nite is on amazon, Sunday NBC and Monday espn
Reply/Quote
I refuse to subscribe to Amazon Prime to watch the Thursday night games. I'm looking for another alternative. Is there a free streaming broadcast?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 12:55 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I refuse to subscribe to Amazon Prime to watch the Thursday night games. I'm looking for another alternative. Is there a free streaming broadcast?

If you're local, I thought it was also supposed to be simulcast on a local TV channel.
If not, there's not usually another alternative, although I think last year there might have been a game or two shown on both NFL Network and Amazon Prime at the same time?

If you really can't watch it locally and have to pay for Prime, you could either:
1) pay for just a month of Prime when the game is on
2) go to a local bar/restaurant that typically airs the games

Personally, I think Option 1 is best because it's cheaper than going out to the restaurant/bar, but also because the game is mid-November. If you get Prime right before the game, you can have it through mid-December and get all the fast shipping for holiday gifts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You can get the local channels on YTTV. That's what I'm subscribed to. I dumped Spectrum, DirecTV, etc a long time ago. Happy I did. Reds? That's a whole different can of worms. I refuse to pay to watch a shitty team. Bite me Castellini and Nick Krall.

BTW...I'm in Butler County. I've tried probably 5 different OTA antennas in 3 or 4 different places in my house. NONE of them were worth a shit picking up local channels.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 12:55 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I refuse to subscribe to Amazon Prime to watch the Thursday night games. I'm looking for another alternative. Is there a free streaming broadcast?

While I understand that sentiment, it baffles me that people don't take advantage of Amazon Prime for the savings in gas, and more importantly time. We order almost everything household items wise from Prime, get it the next day, and pay no shipping. The 99 dollars a year probably saves me 300. Same with Kroger delivery (not Insta-Cart, they are different things) I can't remember the last time I went to the store to buy something outside of a loaf of bread (fresher at the store). No wasted time driving to and from, no standing in line waiting for people to figure out how to use the self-checkout everyone seems to be going to, and no aggravation. Just click and it shows up the next day. And, the tv stuff is included.  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While I understand that sentiment, it baffles me that people don't take advantage of Amazon Prime for the savings in gas, and more importantly time. We order almost everything household items wise from Prime, get it the next day, and pay no shipping. The 99 dollars a year probably saves me 300. Same with Kroger delivery (not Insta-Cart, they are different things) I can't remember the last time I went to the store to buy something outside of a loaf of bread (fresher at the store). No wasted time driving to and from, no standing in line waiting for people to figure out how to use the self-checkout everyone seems to be going to, and no aggravation. Just click and it shows up the next day. And, the tv stuff is included.  Tiger

Are you grandfathered into an older price? The current pricing for Prime is $15 monthly or $139 annually.

As for saving on gas going to the grocery store, my wife and I have never bothered using our Prime for groceries. We used to do grocery delivery and even curbside pickup during COVID, but we found the people picking the stuff weren't picking the right stuff or were subbing for things we didn't really want. Also, we like going inside the grocery store to do the shopping ourselves. It lets us get out of the house, as we don't really go out much otherwise aside from Saturday, maybe one evening during the week.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you grandfathered into an older price? The current pricing for Prime is $15 monthly or $139 annually.

As for saving on gas going to the grocery store, my wife and I have never bothered using our Prime for groceries. We used to do grocery delivery and even curbside pickup during COVID, but we found the people picking the stuff weren't picking the right stuff or were subbing for things we didn't really want. Also, we like going inside the grocery store to do the shopping ourselves. It lets us get out of the house, as we don't really go out much otherwise aside from Saturday, maybe one evening during the week.

It may of went up, the wife pays that bill. Still, even if it's at 139.00, it's still saving us money. And I use Kroger delivery for groceries, Amazon Prime for everything else from cleaning supplies, golf balls, shoes, paper towels, etc., you name it they will deliver it free.  With Kroger delivery, you just check the "No Substitutions" box. I do not like InstaCart, they tend to screw your order up, but Kroger Delivery is spot on with everything. Insta Cart comes from the store, Delivery comes from the warehouse. Like I said, the only thing I don't like getting there is bread, because it never seems as fresh, so I don't think there's enough turnover at the warehouse. Everybody is different, I just value my time and don't want to waste it in a store when I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

I had read on multiple forums that last year Thursday night games were broadcasted for Free on Twitch. I wasnt aware of this then so I can’t confirm it since I didn’t try it but I’m hoping it’s true as I also don’t plan on having Prime during the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It may of went up, the wife pays that bill. Still, even if it's at 139.00, it's still saving us money. And I use Kroger delivery for groceries, Amazon Prime for everything else from cleaning supplies, golf balls, shoes, paper towels, etc., you name it they will deliver it free.  With Kroger delivery, you just check the "No Substitutions" box. I do not like InstaCart, they tend to screw your order up, but Kroger Delivery is spot on with everything. Insta Cart comes from the store, Delivery comes from the warehouse. Like I said, the only thing I don't like getting there is bread, because it never seems as fresh, so I don't think there's enough turnover at the warehouse. Everybody is different, I just value my time and don't want to waste it in a store when I don't have to.

While I know they have this, we don't want to end up finding out they're out of something and then just not get something at all. But we want to be able to pick what substitute we want, not have someone else pick for us. It's probably a control thing on our part lol :)

In regard to considering my time valuable or not, I try not to do too much during the weekday evenings/weekends such that my time is pressed like that. If you got a lot of stuff you need/want to do though, I totally get it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:39 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I had read on multiple forums that last year Thursday night games were broadcasted for Free on Twitch. I wasnt aware of this then so I can’t confirm it since I didn’t try it but I’m hoping it’s true as I also don’t plan on having Prime during the season.

I know Amazon owns Twitch, but how would they profit off of something like that? Would there be advertising that happens? If not, I feel like they'd be intentionally presenting ways to not make money, which feels very Anti-Amazon lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 11:38 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: You can get the local channels on YTTV. That's what I'm subscribed to. I dumped Spectrum, DirecTV, etc a long time ago. Happy I did. Reds? That's a whole different can of worms. I refuse to pay to watch a shitty team. Bite me Castellini and Nick Krall.

BTW...I'm in Butler County. I've tried probably 5 different OTA antennas in 3 or 4 different places in my house. NONE of them were worth a shit picking up local channels.

Not a Reds fan, but you clearly haven't watched this year.

They aren't world beaters (and they aren't beating the Jays :)), but they have been far from a shitty team.

Anyways, here in Canada the Thursday Night game is on NFL Network, so no need to get Prime.

And I think Sunday Ticket is still with our cable providers, I will call next week for my annual subscription.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know Amazon owns Twitch, but how would they profit off of something like that? Would there be advertising that happens? If not, I feel like they'd be intentionally presenting ways to not make money, which feels very Anti-Amazon lol.

Yes, from what I’ve read there’s advertising. Here’s what I could find: (Old article but seems to be ongoing)
https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2019/09/06/are-you-ready-for-some-thursday-night-football-55c850b197da/

Again haven’t used it but seems worth checking out
Reply/Quote