Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trade Deadline....
is Nov 3rd. If you were the Bengals GM would you risk the team chemistry to pick up a LB before the deadline?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Nah. We'll get Burfict back in a few weeks. Dawson will begin to emerge.
Maualuga is having a decent year and Rey has been doing just fine, assuming he comes back from injury soon.

Besides, there's nothing that I would be willing to give up to get a LB of any worth anyway.

I think our team is set as it is.
Reply/Quote
Even if you trade for someone at this point it would take them weeks to get into the system on offense and maybe longer on defense to be really effective...

But still with us @ 6-0 i wouldnt change much at all... about the only positions we could add that wouldnt take long to intergrate would be a Kicker or Kick Returner. imo. Still an injury vs the steelers might change that prespective.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Even if you trade for someone at this point it would take them weeks to get into the system on offense and maybe longer on defense to be really effective...

Such a move would be to acquire depth, so a week or two is fine.

Would only make sense if they got a high quality guy for a late round future pick.
Reply/Quote
We don't need a K or KR. Nugent is fine, Pacman is one of the best.

Next week against Bell should be a good test of where our LBs are at.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:52 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Such a move would be to acquire depth, so a week or two is fine.

Would only make sense if they got a high quality guy for a late round future pick.

Well im not sure whos dealing what lots of teams could in sell now mode.

I figure the texans would take a couple signed A Dalton jerseys for Mallet hahahahahahaha not that we want mallet at all
Reply/Quote
We should make a move for Greg Hardy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well im not sure whos dealing what lots of teams could in sell now mode.

Navorro Bowman or Ahmad Brooks.

Both affordable enough and likely at least one could be obtained.  Both severe upgrades on the depth currently in Cincinnati at the position.  Probably both good enough to start here.
Reply/Quote
I would consider a 4th or a 5th round pick for Martellus Bennett of the Bears if they continue to be sellers. A backup tightend to Eifert could improve the Offense nominally.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should make a move for Greg Hardy.

It was an ok attempt.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 02:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It was an ok attempt.

nah his jokes always suck lol
Reply/Quote
I'd take an athletic cover LB.
Reply/Quote
Titans are 1-5 so they should be willing to deal. If they're unable to sign him to a long term deal, Zach Brown is hitting FA this offseason and would be an immediate improvement at LB. Also wouldn't mind if they were able to extend him either once the season's over.

I am not sure what it'd take, but if the Titans were willing to listen, I would be willing to talk if I were the Bengals. They can't keep letting people run all over them. They're 16th in rushing yards/game, which would be much worse if they didn't have a lead most of the time, as evidenced by their 28th ranked 4.9 yards allowed per rush this year.

Burfict is good, but he's not going to be able to turn it back into what it was on his own and certainly after not having played football in over a year. (Yesterday marked exactly 1 year since Burfict has been in a game.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:51 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Navorro Bowman or Ahmad Brooks.

Both affordable enough and likely at least one could be obtained.  Both severe upgrades on the depth currently in Cincinnati at the position.  Probably both good enough to start here.

Would be kinda weird to see Brooks back in Cincinnati, always had high hopes for him here but it took a change of scene for him to really develop.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:15 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Next week against Bell should be a good test of where our LBs are at.

Yeah, I agree that's a solid test.  Some of you have brought up solid names, but I doubt they give up more than a 6th or 7th unless it's a steal.  They have a good thing going with resigning their own and adding comp picks, but they may not get a comp pick this year.  I expect a lot of FA's to come down to one or the other (Sanu/M.Jones, A.Jones/Nelson, ect...)  but they may wanna keep the extra picks in case they take a bigger hit than they think.  Yes they could sign outside FA's, but I'm wondering if they trust their draft scouting a bit more than their FA scouting at this point.

I don't see an issue with timing of a vet picking up the system, or keeping Dawson deactivated.  I don't think anyone would have a problem with cutting a Lamur type if it meant bringing in a versatile vet as insurance with a late round pick.  This isn't an issue with questioning Burfict's ability to bounce back or Dawson's development.  This is a title contending team, and I have no issue with giving up a 6th to the right desperate seller if it means Gronk gets 30 less yards in the AFC championship.  Even if you don't land an impact guy, line yourself up to not have a gaping hole if more injuries happen.  
Reply/Quote
The trade deadline tends to be an overrated event during the season.

I doubt the Bengals will be players. We covet our draft picks big time around here, so I don't see them going for anything.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well im not sure whos dealing what lots of teams could in sell now mode.

I figure the texans would take a couple signed A Dalton jerseys for Mallet hahahahahahaha  not that we want mallet at all

Mallet was released....we can keep the jerseys   Wink

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:47 PM)pally Wrote: Mallet was released....we can keep the jerseys   Wink

excellent... the price was just to high anyways
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 03:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Would be kinda weird to see Brooks back in Cincinnati, always had high hopes for him here but it took a change of scene for him to really develop.

Slated to make $6 million this year.  Prorated, I don't know if enough room exists.  Oddly, Bowman makes less in 2015.  Brooks is 31, to Bowman's 27, but Brooks has no injury concerns.  

I've read that San Fran is shopping VDavis.  If that's true, those two LBs, especially Brooks, should also be available.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't make a move most likely, but salary for this year isn't a concern. We could take on either of those guys.
Reply/Quote