Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Mock Draft Live - Bengals Pick
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000655573/No-24-Bengals-NFL-Media-Mock-Draft

Bengals selection of their media mock draft.   
Reply/Quote
I've got the Kelly bias because we both grew up in the same town and went to the same high school, but the thing is he's actually good.

But unless all my 1st round WRs/DEs/DTs/CBs are off the board, I'm waiting to see if he falls to 55.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have a problem with it but I would hope we would trade down instead of pick him at 24.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a Ryan Kelly selection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would trade down a little if we plan on going with a center. I don't mind the pick at all though, just depends on who is available.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'll be pissed if they pass on Sterling Shepard.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 09:46 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'll be pissed if they pass on Sterling Shepard.

He might be there in the 2nd tbh.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 09:46 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'll be pissed if they pass on Sterling Shepard.

I can't watch the video, so I'm only guessing it's about the first round.

But I think more people will be pissed if we pick Shepard in the first. I've never seen him mocked higher than the second, and most are projecting round three. If Shepard or Kelly were going to be the pick, it doesn't need to be at 24.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 03:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: I wouldn't mind a Ryan Kelly selection.

0.1% chance of that happening. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Rather have Thomas and I think the team would, too.

The more pleasing pick would be NT in the first and receiver in the second, but I need to stop being selfish and consider the needs of the team, so I'd probably be ok with the Kelly pick because solidifying the line should be our #1 priority, and not to mention that the draft is deep at NT.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm higher on Shepard than most. I think he's going to be better right away than Tyler Lockett and as good in the end as Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham. He's got the work ethic and polished skill that would step right into our #2.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 10:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rather have Thomas and I think the team would, too.

The more pleasing pick would be NT in the first and receiver in the second, but I need to stop being selfish and consider the needs of the team, so I'd probably be ok with the Kelly pick because solidifying the line should be our #1 priority, and not to mention that the draft is deep at NT.

To me, we could hopefully get a NT that could step in within a season and anchor that spot for years. Even if he doesn't, then hopefully we at least get a guy who could be rotational and bridge us for a season or two until we get that guy.

On the other hand, if we take a center there and he doesn't pan out, then we've probably got nothing more than what we've already got.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 11:44 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Maybe I'm higher on Shepard than most.  I think he's going to be better right away than Tyler Lockett and as good in the end as Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham.  He's got the work ethic and polished skill that would step right into our #2.

If he was able to be as good as Antonio Brown in a few years he would be the #1.

But I do like Shepard a lot, but I think that Doctson is better
Reply/Quote
This would help our team more than anything. Would absolutely love the pick. We would have one of the
best if not the best OL in football if we added Kelly. I just doubt PA and the coaches admit that they got it
wrong with Bodine.

When Charles mentioned Jarran Reed i also loved it. If Reed falls all the way to us that would be great even
though i tend to like Billings more. Another good DT next to Geno would be a nightmare for opposing OL's.
Reply/Quote
I still like a defense pick for 24th. Who knows what the shadow knows?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 12:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If he was able to be as good as Antonio Brown in a few years he would be the #1.

True but Antonio Brown wasnt supposed to be Antonio Brown when he was drafted in the sixth rd if you get what I'm saying.

I agree with him though. It's a big IF but I believe Shepard can be an Antonio Brown player. Their build/weight/speed are nearly identical. Even their pros/cons coming out of college are really similar. Not saying he will be Brown but I believe he has a good chance to be. If he is still there in the second round and they didn't take a WR in the first I think they would be stupid to pass him up.

Either way WHO DEY  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'd honestly have no issue with Kelly at 24, depending on who's available. There's no denying that we need to upgrade Bodine.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:49 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I've got the Kelly bias because we both grew up in the same town and went to the same high school, but the thing is he's actually good.

But unless all my 1st round WRs/DEs/DTs/CBs are off the board, I'm waiting to see if he falls to 55.

fall to 55 ? why do people always start talking stupid on these boards.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 12:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If he was able to be as good as Antonio Brown in a few years he would be the #1.

not even remotely comparable players.  Shepard has a much longer upside than Doctson, he's simply the better athlete and his tenacity on the field makes him probably my favorite receiver in this draft.

Reply/Quote
I didn't mock Kelly in a single draft only because I just don't see the team drafting a center in round 1. Lets take a history lesson to see centers who have been drafted in round 1 at their typical nfl success.

Travis Frederick - 2013 Cowboys - one of the best in the league
Mike Pouncey - 2011 - one of the best in the league
Maurkice Pouncey - 2010 - one of the best in the league
Alex Mack - 2009 - one of the best in the league
Eric Wood - 2009 - Moved to guard got injured came back to stabilize the bills at center
Nick Mangold - 2006 - Top 5 if not best center in league

from 2006 on these are the only centers to be drafted in the first round with first round grades and each has had great success for their respective teams. Its hard to argue a higher value at any position in the nfl over a true first round center.

Reply/Quote