Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NFL is Rigged
(09-18-2016, 05:48 PM)IMightBeRight Wrote: THAT GAME WAS BULLSHIT! Pissed

ishouldbegm?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not normally a "blame the officials" kinda guy, but it is what it is.

Easiest reversal I've ever seen. Knee was clearly down before the ball even moved.

I dont think it was as easy to reverse as 99.999% of other fans are thinking right now. I need a better angle or just watch that replay a lot more where I can slow it down myself. If there was the slightest movement of the ball the split second before knee hit, then call stands. I couldnt see anything to refute that or support that. 

The issue here isnt the review, but the inconsistency of the refs. Earlier in the game the Steelers guy clearly fumbled it and they blew the whistle as if he was down. Here was an even much closer fumble situation, and they didnt blow the whistle. If they were consistent as with the earlier Steelers fumble, then we would have had the ball because of lack of evidence to overturn it.  
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm done - I will still watch on TV but I'm no longer going to financially support Mikey Brown or the crooked NFL.

No way in hell will I renew next year for 2 tickets for 2K.

Eff the NFL!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:59 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: ishouldbegm?

If that is a person, no.

If that is a question, yes, yes i should be.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Uzomah had a TD and Boyd didn't fumble...

All I gotta say..

#rigged

The first one was on the Bengals for not challenging, that was a hard play for the ref to call a touchdown. The second one was one of the worst I've seen, but with one of the worst ref crews in the game what do you expect? Outside of the fumble call I thought the refs were pretty equally miserable both ways. 
Reply/Quote
Excellent retort with the shut the **** up.

In any event, a terrible game. It was a bad call, yes, but we were playing like crap for 45+ minutes of the game. We're all talking about that call NOW, but look through the game thread. People were calling "GAME" halfway through. But now it's magically only that bad call?

No. We stunk today. That call also stunk. But most of the people whining loudest are hypocrites, they called the game LONG before for reasons the Bengals were inflicting on themselves.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/controversial-fourth-quarter-fumble-call-helps-steelers-hold-off-driving-bengals/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-tyler-boyd-really-fumble-controversial-call-costs-the-bengals-204857511.html
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm just amazed that I don't think the Steelers OL have had holding called against them in like 3 years against the Bengals.

I saw a guy put MJ into a sleeper hold, I saw a guy bear hug Hunt, saw a guy with a death grip on Atkins' pads, saw a guy just grab a jersey and fall backwards, pulling the Bengal DL on top of him, etc, etc.

That was a disgustingly officiated game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont think it was as easy to reverse as 99.999% of other fans are thinking right now. I need a better angle or just watch that replay a lot more where I can slow it down myself. If there was the slightest movement of the ball the split second before knee hit, then call stands. I couldnt see anything to refute that or support that. 

The issue here isnt the review, but the inconsistency of the refs. Earlier in the game the Steelers guy clearly fumbled it and they blew the whistle as if he was down. Here was an even much closer fumble situation, and they didnt blow the whistle. If they were consistent as with the earlier Steelers fumble, then we would have had the ball because of lack of evidence to overturn it.  

They paused the video multiple times showing his knee being down and not hit yet. When almost every steelers fan says it was a blown call, you know it has to be really bad. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:01 PM)Rattler Wrote: I'm done - I will still watch on TV but I'm no longer going to financially support Mikey Brown or the crooked NFL.

No way in hell will I renew next year for 2 tickets for 2K.

Eff the NFL!

The NFL makes as much if not more off of TV deals than they do ticket sales.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:56 PM)treee Wrote: I disagree. You couldn't see the ball enough to overturn whatever the call was. I guarantee you if it was ruled down by contact on the field and then they reviewed it that would have been upheld as well. You just couldn't see the ball well enough to make any determinations. They had no choice but to go with the call on the field. What you should actually be pissed about is that they called it a fumble on the field.

I disagree with your disagreement.  Mellow

Harrison hitting Boyd's arm is what caused the "fumble". Boyd's knee was down before Harrison's hit, so...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Uzomah had a TD and Boyd didn't fumble...

All I gotta say..

#rigged

So I was at work and missed most of the game. The Uzomah play didn't see. I heard something about Pitt fumbling a punt that was called down and Marvin tried to challenge but somehow they didn't see the flag. I did see the Boyd "fumble". That was such bullshit and can't believe it wasn't overturned. So pissed beyond words right now.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So I was at work and missed most of the game. The Uzomah play didn't see. I heard something about Pitt fumbling a punt that was called down and Marvin tried to challenge but somehow they didn't see the flag. I did see the Boyd "fumble". That was such bullshit and can't believe it wasn't overturned. So pissed beyond words right now.

Marvin didn't challenge because Pitt recovered the ball. They stopped the game before Pitt ran a play and talked to him.
Reply/Quote
How to lodge complaint with NFL, I paid $25 (EURO) to view game by spoofing IP from Germany so I could bypass blackout issue from NFL, need $25 back
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:09 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: The NFL makes as much if not more off of TV deals than they do ticket sales.

Then i guess they wont miss my 2K - the upper deck is half empty anyway, might was well open
up a few more empties at field level.  I don't give a flying **** anymore, especially when I will
spend -zero- dollars to watch a thing going forward.

Watch and see as the WWF NFL morphs towards a pussified half-assed flag football with the same
old bullshit teams in the playoffs, year after year. 

The game has been completely ****** by money.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: They should have challenged the Uzomah non-TD, but after seeing that bs on the Boyd play, I don't think it would have mattered.

It is what it is.  We're playing the Steelers.  We all know that we've got to win by 17 on the field to win by 3 on the scoreboard.  If it's close, they'll get the calls down the stretch to win.  We didn't do enough.  They had a run game, and we didn't.  We had multiple drops on offense and defense.  Darquez Dennard decided to bust out his best Rod "Toast" Jones impression.

I thought all touch downs were automatically reviewed.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: I thought all touch downs were automatically reviewed.

Has to be ruled a touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:04 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: Excellent retort with the shut the **** up.

In any event, a terrible game. It was a bad call, yes, but we were playing like crap for 45+ minutes of the game. We're all talking about that call NOW, but look through the game thread. People were calling "GAME" halfway through. But now it's magically only that bad call?

No. We stunk today. That call also stunk. But most of the people whining loudest are hypocrites, they called the game LONG before for reasons the Bengals were inflicting on themselves.

As bad as we played we still played well enough to win. Just like last week against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: I thought all touch downs were automatically reviewed.

It has to be ruled a TD for them to review it.  Regardless, someone should have reviewed the call in detail whether it be the refs or the bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: I thought all touch downs were automatically reviewed.

That's what I thought to.
Reply/Quote