Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NFL is Rigged
(09-18-2016, 08:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He was asked about the challenge after the game and he said he was told from upstairs staff that he was out of bounds.

Whoever told him that should be fired. I saw it the second they showed the replay. He literally had one job to do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:20 PM)Sweetness Wrote: What would not have been challengable about it? 

I don't know. I don't know the rules enough about which things teams are able to challenge and which things they are not. But I have seen red flags picked up by the refs before because the play was not reviewable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He was asked about the challenge after the game and he said he was told from upstairs staff that he was out of bounds.

That staff guy should lose his job today then. Either he didn't get a good look, or he wasn't aware that 1 knee=2 feet. Either way, that's inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:18 PM)Roland Wrote: Where is the ball in the first picture?

Only 2 options here, you are either blind, or an NFL ref.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: That staff guy should lose his job today then. Either he didn't get a good look, or he wasn't aware that 1 knee=2 feet. Either way, that's inexcusable.

Yep...he needs to be gone. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:18 PM)Roland Wrote: Where is the ball in the first picture? That's their issue.  You can't see it, so you can't prove that it was still in his possession.  Yeah, you intuitively know that it must be, but you can't prove it and the assumption is that the call was right. The real problem here is that if they don't clearly see the ball out before he's down they should call it down by contact and then let replay reverse it if they get it wrong.

Similarly with Uzomah touchdown, if we had challenged I don't think they'd have over-turned the call because you could not see clearly that his knee didn't touch the end line.

But this is part of the problem.  It's not a "conspiracy" it's just the natural result of the media feedback loop.  If they make those questionable calls in favor of the Steelers on the field how much media attention is it going to get whether they're right or wrong? Crickets.  I'm actually surprised anyone found a story to quote about it from outside of Cincy.  You can bet it won't have much legs on TV.

If they make those calls in favor of the Bengals and then they're wrong how much media attention is it going to get?  It's 24x7 "Steelers were cheated" on every network for a week.

Sadly this is just the way it is and nothing is going to change it unless you shut the Steelers out of the playoffs for a decade so that all the bandwagon fans in "Steeler Nation" go out and finds a different team with a black jersey they can buy.  That, or move the Bengals to some big market town.

To these calls you can add all the egregious holding, Pouncy's false start, and Mike Mitchell torpedoing everyone with his helmet the way he always does.

All that said, the Bengals still need to play better.  Some of the new pieces have not come together.  Give them those two calls and maybe they drive for what woulda shoulda coulda been a winning touchdown, but with the kind of play they need to win this division it wouldn't have been an issue.

exactly. Unclear fumbles, Int's etc should always be called in a manner on the field to where they will be reviewed. The Boyd play was called a fumble, hence making it subject for review, they just got it flat wrong. As far as the TD, if a player clearly has possession of the ball and may have gotten 2 feet or 1 knee in how can any ref call no TD with certainty. Any possible TD should be ruled as a TD to assure the play will be reviewed and the correct call will be made. The constant rule changes to " protect the players and the integrity of the game" are in fact calling the integrity of the game in question. Is it rigged? im not sure about a NFL wide conspiracy but the NFL is doing a great job to make it possible for Refs and an elite few to effect the outcome of games. Getting outright unwatchable.
Reply/Quote
I don't even treat games with the Steelers as a proper game anymore. I was busy for today's game, so just had a quick look at the highlights when I got in. It's not even out of spite or hate, I just can't be bothered with it.

And that's not a slant on the Bengals (even though we play the Steelers atrociously generally speaking). I just can't be bothered with the 'product' the NFL put up in this particular series.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe your computer screen is dark? I can see the football cradled in Boyd's arms just fine. 

Hint: that's not a gob of skin on Boyd's arm.  Ninja

Right. The ball is right there in his arm, knee down/play over. I'm looking at Harrison's knees/legs/lower body and they haven't hit Boyd's arm/football yet in this picture.
[Image: CsqYWeCXgAEUfp9.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:40 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: Pittsburgh has more fans and brings more money... it's turning into the wwe

This 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Is anybody really surprised? Really? Unless you're new, this is the most common thing in all the NFL. It will never change. We just have to continue to hope against hope that we will find ways to beat the steelers and the refs. It's a rare occurance, but it does happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:43 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't even treat games with the Steelers as a proper game anymore. I was busy for today's game, so just had a quick look at the highlights when I got in. It's not even out of spite or hate, I just can't be bothered with it.

And that's not a slant on the Bengals (even though we play the Steelers atrociously generally speaking). I just can't be bothered with the 'product' the NFL put up in this particular series.

I'm on call this week and got called out to work at the start of the 4th quarter. Boy was it ever liberating. I might take your approach just for the crapfests that are the steelers games. 
Reply/Quote
The NFL has been rigged for a long time. A disaster happens in New Orleans and that same year they win the super bowl ? give me a break.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know Pitt week is a big one but I do agree, its hard to watch. I did stop watching in the first cause you just know how the rest of the game will be after a couple drives. We play sloppy, and the Refs look the other way for Pitt. Its always a shit show and always will be.
Reply/Quote
But hey all is right in the NFL, Pitt, Balt, NE are all 2-0
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: True, but those saying the NFL won't let us win even though we've done it to PITT in the past and just did it to the Jets on 9/11 just sound stupid. 

I don't think it's stupid.  This is two games in a row against Pittsburgh that we were screwed royally by the refs.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: The NFL has been rigged for a long time.  A disaster happens in New Orleans and that same year they win the super bowl ? give me a break.

^ This 1000 times over
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: The NFL has been rigged for a long time.  A disaster happens in New Orleans and that same year they win the super bowl ? give me a break.

NE Patriots win SB directly after 9/11.... hmmm
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:25 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm on call this week and got called out to work at the start of the 4th quarter. Boy was it ever liberating. I might take your approach just for the crapfests that are the steelers games. 

Agreed. This game was somehow even more of a debacle than the Wild Card game.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: The NFL has been rigged for a long time. A disaster happens in New Orleans and that same year they win the super bowl ? give me a break.

Katrina was in 2006 and the Saints won it all in 2009.

Unless you're talking about something else.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
The smugness of Steeler fans just makes this worse... IDK how you can endorse that shit. Are we that bad when we get lucky calls? I really don't think so.
Reply/Quote