Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NFL is Rigged
(09-18-2016, 06:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I disagree with your disagreement.  Mellow

Harrison hitting Boyd's arm is what caused the "fumble". Boyd's knee was down before Harrison's hit, so...

Even Dan Fouts agreed with this.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Even Dan Fouts agreed with this.

Even Steelers fans agree with this. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Uzomah had a TD and Boyd didn't fumble...

All I gotta say..

#rigged

Bad calls. No conspiracy.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
If Dan MFin' Fouts has to say something, you know it's bad. I said this exact same type of stuff after the playoff abortion. This league is not about fair competition. This league is about milking as much money out of people as they can. Pitt sells, Cincinnati doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
Someone better call Liam Neeson because this game was TAKEN from the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Stuff like what happened today is why I kind of snicker a little when the Patriots win titles and shit on the league after being vilified. As an opponent, I always hope the Bengals destroy them. However, if the Bengals can't win it, then it might as well be them instead of the league darling Steelers. I'd love to see Goodell have to hand Brady and Bill B. the Lombardi after the deflate gate fiasco.

Basically, if the Bengals can't stick it to the league I want to see someone do it. The things that happened out there today were blatantly obvious. The Bengals are a really good team, at least I think they are. Problem is, they're going to have to be either flat out dominant in execution and talent or strategically brilliant in game planning to beat the Steelers at this point.

The Bengals have lost a lopsided majority of their games vs PIT in the Lewis era, but lately most of the losses have been really tight. Beating them in a tight game is going to be very tough if they're going to get this kind of help from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Stuff like what happened today is why I kind of snicker a little when the Patriots win titles and shit on the league after being vilified.  As an opponent, I always hope the Bengals destroy them.  However, if the Bengals can't win it, then it might as well be them instead of the league darling Steelers.  I'd love to see Goodell have to hand Brady and Bill B. the Lombardi after the deflate gate fiasco.  

Basically, if the Bengals can't stick it to the league I want to see someone do it.  The things that happened out there today were blatantly obvious.  The Bengals are a really good team, at least I think they are.  Problem is, they're going to have to be either flat out dominant in execution and talent or strategically brilliant in game planning to beat the Steelers at this point.  

The Bengals have lost a lopsided majority of their games vs PIT in the Lewis era, but lately most of the losses have been really tight.  Beating them in a tight game is going to be very tough if they're going to get this kind of help from here on out.

The NFL did not vilify the Patriots. They simply used them as an scapgoat.

They're vilifying the Bengals and have been for years. It used to be for off field stuff but now that they can't use that they have turned their attention to on the field.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: The NFL did not vilify the Patriots. They simply used them as an scapgoat.

They're vilifying the Bengals and have been for years. It used to be for off field stuff but now that they can't use that they have turned their attention to on the field.

I don't disagree.  Just the best word I could come up with at the time.  TBH, the Patriots can't be vilified because to most who aren't fans of theirs, they ARE villains.  I'd just rather the asshole Patriots win than the scumbag Steelers.  The Pats embrace the image they earned.  The Steelers employ more of the Eddie Hascal bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:40 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: Pittsburgh has more (ugly) fans and brings more money... it's turning into the wwe

Fixed it for you, but yes.  Simply stated, but incredibly accurate.  There are literally millions of fat, uneducated, worthless piles of crap that are somehow winners because they root for a team with six rings. I literally saw "Lifetime steeler fan" on a resume once, and laughed my butt off before setting it on fire.  The bias is real.  But I still believe the Bengals will overcome it, this year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:42 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Hi,  I'm Derp Morelli, anything I can do for you today Mr. Tomlin or Mr. Rooney?

[Image: 16lhj6q.jpg]

The immature part of me laughs hysterically at stuff like this, but in his defense, the replay booth is at the NFL HQ in New York.

Marvin even said (I think he didn't mean to) that the refs of the field told him Boyd's knee was down.  The replay in New York was the one that overturned it.  I think the NFL was just lighting the match to see if the Bengals would implode.  They didn't.  They will have their revenge week 15.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: #kneegate

3 knees changed the outcome:

Uzomah's....Boyd's....and harrison's.

I have one other that I didn't even think about until later.  The rookie TE, Brimgate?, that caught the first TD pass.  That looked a LOT like the Gresham TD against the ratbirds years ago where the ball squirted out when he hit the ground in the end zone and they ruled he didn't maintain possession through the act of catching the ball.  

How was this TD any different?  And, as it was called a TD, it had to be reviewed?  Did the rule of what is a catch change again while I was sleeping, because this was a carbon copy of that Gresh TD that the NFL excused away the reversal (it was called a TD) because he lost the ball when he hit the ground.  

Anyone?  Bueller? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:43 PM)SFmajor Wrote: All I have to say is Wow!  Who was up in the replay booth??  While it won't change the outcome, I hope ML and Tobin file an offical protest.

doesnt even matter once again the NFL will say they were wrong after the fact nothing will be done to the refs involved. 

It will happen again next game against the steelers.

Marvin lewis and team need to open an investigation from outside the league to look into tampering by the nfl and refs I'm sure all the sports gamblers would be interest in the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The immature part of me laughs hysterically at stuff like this, but in his defense, the replay booth is at the NFL HQ in New York.

Marvin even said (I think he didn't mean to) that the refs of the field told him Boyd's knee was down.  The replay in New York was the one that overturned it.  I think the NFL was just lighting the match to see if the Bengals would implode.  They didn't.  They will have their revenge week 15.  

It's not only the Knee being down.. It's the 400 (exaggerating) missed holding calls and many other stupidly missed calls. Derp Morelli and his new team of refs seem to be as incompetent as Derp's team  last year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If Dan MFin' Fouts has to say something, you know it's bad. I said this exact same type of stuff after the playoff abortion. This league is not about fair competition. This league is about milking as much money out of people as they can. Pitt sells, Cincinnati doesn't. 

That's what I was thinking to myself on literally at least four occasions yesterday!  I was so sick to my stomach watching that farse of a game, I was pissed I didn't have any Peptol Bismol in the house, I needed it!
Reply/Quote
It finally makes sense to me......why Steelers Fans HATE the Pats so bad. It's because that is the ONLY GAME they ever play where the Refs are for the "Other" team......and they can't beat them! LOL
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He was asked about the challenge after the game and he said he was told from upstairs staff that he was out of bounds.

so apparently Marv's video review boys don't know the rules?  One knee equals 2 feet!  I was screaming for the challenge and I'm just a fan and not responsible for reviewing on behalf of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: True, but those saying the NFL won't let us win even though we've done it to PITT in the past and just did it to the Jets on 9/11 just sound stupid. 

They'll let us pull out the occasional victory as long as it doesn't hurt their golden boys, but any game they deem significant is not going to go our way.  The last two games against Pitt are proof of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:21 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: so apparently Marv's video review boys don't know the rules?  One knee equals 2 feet!  I was screaming for the challenge and I'm just a fan and not responsible for reviewing on behalf of the Bengals.

Marvin said the officials told him that Uzomah had stepped out of bounds so he chose not to challenge it
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't think it is rigged. But I believe it was one of the worst officiating I have seen in such a long time.

Both teams got away with penalties, won't lie. Steelers had more go their way, but Bengals had some as well.

Officials just seemed to let both teams play. Boyd's knee is going to be talked about for awhile.

The Uzomah TD you can't really blame the officials on a judgment call. That's on Lewis to throw a flag and challenge it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:47 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't think it is rigged. But I believe it was one of the worst officiating I have seen in such a long time.

Both teams got away with penalties, won't lie. Steelers had more go their way, but Bengals had some as well.

Officials just seemed to let both teams play. Boyd's knee is going to be talked about for awhile.

The Uzomah TD you can't really blame the officials on a judgment call. That's on Lewis to throw a flag and challenge it.

I 100% agree. I don't know why they put that crew on our game. Weren't they the crew that screwed over a team in primetime last year?
Reply/Quote