Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
NFL is Rigged
#kneegate

3 knees changed the outcome:

Uzomah's....Boyd's....and harrison's.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:19 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: It has to be ruled a TD for them to review it.  Regardless, someone should have reviewed the call in detail whether it be the refs or the bengals.  

In college ball, potential scores are reviewed
Reply/Quote
Was just about to buy tickets for this season. Was gonna go to the dolphins, Browns and the steelers game. Also was about to buy a new jersey since mine have aged and most no longer play anymore, with the exception of gio.

I've heard people say it and thought it myself many times, but I'm officially not spending another penny on this shit. Totally rigged, and it's a shame because I was looking forward to getting a new jersey to wear to work on Fridays. On the plus side I now have Thursday/Friday at the end of the month off work, was gonna go to the Dolphins game but now maybe I'll go on a vacation or something ThumbsUp 

F**k Goodell, and F**k this fixed game. 

NFL=WWE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/controversial-fourth-quarter-fumble-call-helps-steelers-hold-off-driving-bengals/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-tyler-boyd-really-fumble-controversial-call-costs-the-bengals-204857511.html

well there's your proof trees 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsqYWeCXgAEUfp9.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsqYWeCWcAEmk0u.jpg

Reply/Quote
I don't think it will ever change. You have to beat the Steelers by 30 in order to keep the refs out of it. And even then, phantom calls might never let you get up by 30.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:26 PM)Rattler Wrote: In college ball, potential scores are reviewed

...unless you're a Big 12 team playing Ohio State in prime time.  Just sayin'...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Was just about to buy tickets for this season. Was gonna go to the dolphins, Browns and the steelers game. Also was about to buy a new jersey since mine have aged and most no longer play anymore, with the exception of gio.

I've heard people say it and thought it myself many times, but I'm officially not spending another penny on this shit. Totally rigged, and it's a shame because I was looking forward to getting a new jersey to wear to work on Fridays. On the plus side I now have Thursday/Friday at the end of the month off work, was gonna go to the Dolphins game but now maybe I'll go on a vacation or something ThumbsUp 

F**k Goodell, and F**k this fixed game. 

NFL=WWE

Yep - I'm going to throw my STX $ towards a new 75" TV and have something to show more my $ for a change.

I'll take .50 cents on the dollar for my PSL's.
Reply/Quote
You are a bengals fan. You should've accepted this a long long time ago. blame your father. i do. it is as it ever was, will never change. get past it, disappointment it's what's for dinner.......
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:36 PM)WildCat Wrote: You are a bengals fan. You should've accepted this a long long time ago. blame your father. i do. it is as it ever was, will never change. get past it, disappointment it's what's for dinner.......

I blame son of Paul and Paul for not aborting the POS.   Wasted
Reply/Quote
Absolutely bad call. To be honest I am becoming to the point to expect it... Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Uzomah had a TD and Boyd didn't fumble...

All I gotta say..

#rigged

It is rigged.  I am getting sick of it.  Starting to lose interest between all the bias and the political crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: well there's your proof trees 

Boom, there you go. Another apology letter coming Monday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Boom, there you go. Another apology letter coming Monday.

Can see it now...

Dear Cincinnati Bengals;

Sorry, not sorry.

Sincerely,
Not a DAMN thing you can do about it.

p.s.
Go Steelers hehe
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:54 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Can see it now...

Dear Cincinnati Bengals;

Sorry, not sorry.

Sincerely,

p.s.
Go Steelers hehe

Yep I called the apology letter before the refs even announced the call stood. Shouldn't be able to predict these things so accurately but for whatever reason every time we play the steelers I can magically see the future...wonder why that is lmfao
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:54 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Can see it now...

Dear Cincinnati Bengals;

Sorry, not sorry.

Sincerely,

p.s.
Go Steelers hehe
I'm seriously starting to think I need to stop being an NFL fan.  Why spend time and money on something that is rigged?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm seriously starting to think I need to stop being an NFL fan.  Why spend time and money on something that is rigged?

Yep, I'd just like a serious story to be written about this shit. Something well written that gets publicity. Then I could go on my marry way and never watch another game while the NFL losses more and more fans to the pathetic favoritism.

Would be beautiful if someone hacked the NFL...talking to all you computer geeks out there. Let's see some of those Goodell/Blandino emails!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: well there's your proof trees 

Where is the ball in the first picture? That's their issue.  You can't see it, so you can't prove that it was still in his possession.  Yeah, you intuitively know that it must be, but you can't prove it and the assumption is that the call was right. The real problem here is that if they don't clearly see the ball out before he's down they should call it down by contact and then let replay reverse it if they get it wrong.

Similarly with Uzomah touchdown, if we had challenged I don't think they'd have over-turned the call because you could not see clearly that his knee didn't touch the end line.

But this is part of the problem.  It's not a "conspiracy" it's just the natural result of the media feedback loop.  If they make those questionable calls in favor of the Steelers on the field how much media attention is it going to get whether they're right or wrong? Crickets.  I'm actually surprised anyone found a story to quote about it from outside of Cincy.  You can bet it won't have much legs on TV.

If they make those calls in favor of the Bengals and then they're wrong how much media attention is it going to get?  It's 24x7 "Steelers were cheated" on every network for a week.

Sadly this is just the way it is and nothing is going to change it unless you shut the Steelers out of the playoffs for a decade so that all the bandwagon fans in "Steeler Nation" go out and finds a different team with a black jersey they can buy.  That, or move the Bengals to some big market town.

To these calls you can add all the egregious holding, Pouncy's false start, and Mike Mitchell torpedoing everyone with his helmet the way he always does.

All that said, the Bengals still need to play better.  Some of the new pieces have not come together.  Give them those two calls and maybe they drive for what woulda shoulda coulda been a winning touchdown, but with the kind of play they need to win this division it wouldn't have been an issue.
Reply/Quote
How Marvin didnt challenge the TD catch was mind boggling.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I do not believe the entire NFL is rigged. However, two teams consistently get more favorable calls than the rest. I bet any one of you can name who they are. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm seriously starting to think I need to stop being an NFL fan.  Why spend time and money on something that is rigged?

It ... isnt .. rigged. 

I like conspiracy theories and all, but only ones that make logical sense. This just doesnt to me, at least on a league wide level. Im not saying some refs could be biased, because that could be the case for any game of any sport. But it makes no sense for the NFL to try to rig games when they can make the same amount of $$$ by not doing so, and if they get caught then they would take a gigantic hit which they would lose money instantly.

And ffs, I am sounding like Fred now. I need a drink or 3.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote