Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NFLPA releases "Free Agency Report Cards"
From ESPN:

"The NFL Players Association on Wednesday released what it describes as "free agency report cards" for all 32 teams, presenting the results of a player survey on topics ranging from quality of team facilities to treatment of player families. The players' union ranked all 32 teams against each other in the hope of providing players with information they might be able to use in free agency when deciding on new teams."

"NFLPA president JC Tretter said that roughly 1,300 players responded to the survey. Players were asked their opinions on their own teams only and received a 60-question survey covering eight topics -- treatment of player families, food service/nutrition, weight room, strength coaches, training room, training staff, locker room and team travel."

I don't see the actual place the Bengals landed as yet. It will be available soon at nflpa.com.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35761648/nflpa-survey-vikings-dolphins-raiders-top-free-agency-report-cards
Reply/Quote
Report card now up: https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

Bengals given an "F" for treatment of families and "F-" for Nutrition and "D-" for training room, but "A" for strength staff and "A" for training staff.

They ranked 27th overall.

Here is the link to their report card: https://nflpa.com/cincinnati-bengals-report-card
Reply/Quote
Here are some more comments:

"The staff itself is well liked, and players credit head coach Zac Taylor for recent improvements that have been made – which speaks to why he grades out as one of the most well-liked coaches in the NFL by his players. However, the facilities and resources offered are ranked far below average.

The Bengals are one of three teams that do not provide dinner to their players; they are also one of two teams that do not provide vitamins, and they are the only team that doesn’t provide supplements. Additionally, players feel that they have some of the smallest hot/cold tubs in the league; they have issues with the showers and toilets not consistently working, and they are the only team that does not have outlets in their lockers to charge devices.

The players who responded to the survey also complained that there is nowhere warm and safe for mothers and kids to go during the game because the Bengals do not provide a family room, unlike the majority of teams. Players reported that wives have sat on the public restroom floor to nurse their babies.

These examples are consistent with players’ opinions, with only 44% of respondents believing club owner Mike Brown is willing to spend money to make the facility better, ranking him tied for 29th in this category."

https://nflpa.com/cincinnati-bengals-report-card
Reply/Quote
Hey, not being in the Bottom 3! That's definitely an improvement over years past!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hey, not being in the Bottom 3! That's definitely an improvement over years past!

[Image: hurr%25C3%25A0.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tied for last in "treatment of families" is quite upsetting. Maybe need to focus on free agents who don't have families. Sad
Reply/Quote
Not a good look.... I know the Bengals were looking to make changes to the stadium. Hopefully they also take this feedback and improve the player/family experience. Free Agents while likely very small part of the decision do factor in this stuff.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I would like to know if the anecdotes are actually true. These are not huge things to fix after all.
Reply/Quote
Surveys like this are quite useful and I would hope the Bengals front office can take the results and use them to make improvements where needed.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs with 3 D's and an F, while the Texans have all A's and B's.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 04:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Chiefs with 3 D's and an F, while the Texans have all A's and B's.  Mellow

You can have the nicest facilities and amenities in the league, but that doesn't turn Davis Mills into Patrick Mahomes or Lovie Smith into Andy Reid. Lol
- - - - -

Apparently the Chargers fired their Head Trainer (F-, tied for last) and the Ravens fired their Strength Coach (F-, solo last place) since these surveys were taken. 

So these surveys/report cards apparently already had some affect on teams and thus the players who took it. Makes it seem like it was already a huge victory for the project.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 04:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: Report card now up:  https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

Bengals given an "F" for treatment of families and "F-" for Nutrition and "D-" for training room, but "A" for strength staff and "A" for training staff.

They ranked 27th overall.

Here is the link to their report card: https://nflpa.com/cincinnati-bengals-report-card

seems the millionaires want more free stuff.  Probly mad cause bengals close the cafe on days no one is in the office.
Reply/Quote
This is the type of stuff that reminds me of what the players complained about in the 90s. They had to pay for their own vending machines in the locker room.

Im surprised this hasnt changed. I expect Elizibeth Blackburn to take this stuff personally. Some of these are easy fixes. We are talking about phone chargers, vitamins, and meals here...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: seems the millionaires want more free stuff.  Probly mad cause bengals close the cafe on days no one is in the office.

I mean when you are 1 of 2 or 3 teams not doing certain things then there's kind of room for complaint...

It's shocking to me we don't provide our players with suppliments. That's absolute insanity given how important recovery and strength training is. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean when you are 1 of 2 or 3 teams not doing certain things then there's kind of room for complaint...

It's shocking to me we don't provide our players with suppliments. That's absolute insanity given how important recovery and strength training is. 

No suppliments at all or no suppliments to take home?
Reply/Quote
F- for nutrition. How is that possible?

Do they give out Lunchables?
Reply/Quote
Who here thinks Mike Brown still has his fingers on the checkbook? Raise your hand!
[url=http:// [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476shhzpeoveyr0muqod...y.gif&ct=g]

How much longer can this guy live?  Just asking out loud for all of us..... Whatever
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean when you are 1 of 2 or 3 teams not doing certain things then there's kind of room for complaint...

The last 5 SB winners all rank 22nd or lower overall in this survey. I guess winning doesn't cure all.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Seems we have great staff and crappy amenities.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My first question would be how many Bengals players actually responded to the survey. Without knowing that, the results lack context. But. most of those are easy fixes. Get Pampers, to sponsor a family room for the players and their families. Stocking the dining room every day when you expect players to come in on their off days is simply logical. Getting charging stations into the lockers can be done before training camp start. Replacing hot and cold tubs might be the most expensive fix they are talking about. The plumbing issues may be part of the required maintenance from Hamilton County. It may have been something that couldn't be done in season.

All in all, there is not 1 "problem" listed that isn't fixable with minimal effort.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote