Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl
Well the NFL Network is having it preview. Kurt Warner likes the Gengals.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bengals heading into last season weren't exactly trending towards Super bowl Sunday and yet...
Last time I bet on anything a talking head had to say Ford pardoned Nixon.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 08:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's not a take, it's statistics.

Get over yourself.

Those statistics have nothing to do with this year's Bengals or coaches. They had nothing to do with any of those teams. It means nothing..
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 03:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Out of the 25 NFL network analyst surveyed, no one picked  us to even return to the Super Bowl this year

AFC PICKS

Bills:  15 picked to get there and 12 to win it.

Chargers: 5 picked to get there and win it

Chiefs/Ravens: 2 picked to each get there and one each picked to win it

Colts: 1 picked to get there and win

Broncos:  1 picked them to get to Super Bowl.

The AFC was the dominate Conference to take home the Lombardi Trophy with 20 of 25 picking an AFC team.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-bowl-lvii-predictions-bills-vs-buccaneers-in-arizona

The Colts...  Hilarious

This is why Kay Adams should have been offered the moon to stay.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well the NFL Network is having it preview. Kurt Warner likes the Gengals.

Im sure alot like the bengals but none picked them to SB including Warner
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im sure alot like the bengals but none picked them to SB including Warner

They picked us to win the AFC North.All of them. But KC was the overwhelming favorite in 2021 to be the AFC team in the SB but didn’t make it. Let’s face it the Bengals horrible history hurts them as well as the staffs inexperienced persona. They are just gonna have to earn it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Colts...  Hilarious

This is why Kay Adams should have been offered the moon to stay.  

Yep! Kay was always the smartest one in the room there even in football terms. And this was because of her work habits - work harder than anyone else and study like crazy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 02:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! Kay was always the smartest one in the room there even in football terms. And this was because of her work habits - work harder than anyone else and study like crazy. 

Now I’m a huge Kay Adams guy but Schrager and Brandt carry GMF. Kay added the appeal with her personality and when they had Nate Burleson it was dynamic as hell. But I don’t like Kay’s replacement Jamie Erdahl as well she’s more in tune. They did well with the 2 additions.

Reply/Quote
The amount of love for Justin Herbert and the Chargers honestly astounds me.
He's better than I expected he'd be, but he hasn't really accomplished anything yet, unlike Burrow.
Chargers flounder every year.

The thoughts that just the additions of Russell Wilson and washed-up Matt Ryan to somehow turn two non-playoff teams into Super Bowl contenders also astounds me.

And I get that no one picked the Bengals last year and they ended up getting to the Super Bowl, but there's practically no one who could confidently think that was going to happen before the season started last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
To be fair, we did not dominate much during the season and it's hard to repeat in the NFL unless you're a dominating team.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The thoughts that just the additions of Russell Wilson and washed-up Matt Ryan to somehow turn two non-playoff teams into Super Bowl contenders also astounds me.

C'mon man.  Broncos had the #3 defense in the league.  You don't think adding a Hall-of-Fame QB in his prime doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  Broncos had the #3 defense in the league.  You don't think adding a Hall-of-Fame QB in his prime doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender?

First time headcoach with two first time coordinators. I believe the loss of Vic Fangio will be a major effect on that #3 defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  Broncos had the #3 defense in the league.  You don't think adding a Hall-of-Fame QB in his prime doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender?

Not when they only got 6 wins last season and lost an offensive weapon to get Wilson.
I think they could make the playoffs, but I don't they're a true contender.
They're in arguably the toughest division in the NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not when they only got 6 wins last season

Then you are no different from the people who said the Bengals could not go to the Super Bowl in '21 because they only won 4 games in '20.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:22 PM)Synric Wrote: First time headcoach with two first time coordinators. I believe the loss of Vic Fangio will be a major effect on that #3 defense.

But the addition of Randy Gregory and D.J. Jones won't have any effect?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you are no different from the people who said the Bengals could not go to the Super Bowl in '21 because they only won 4 games in '20.

So pretty much everyone? I don't know of even a die hard Bengal fan that thought we were Super Bowl contenders prior to the start of last season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the addition of Randy Gregory and D.J. Jones won't have any effect?

Vic Fangio is one of the best Defensive Coaches in the NFL. His loss will have a major effect because he won't be there to game plan against the opposing teams. I believe the Broncos do have Dom Capers in staff but still I can see their defense falling back to more mediocre without Vic Fangio.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: One big change that can effect if the whole Super Bowl losers not returning to the superbowl is the new 14 team playoffs. In the second year of this new system we had both 4th seed teams go the the superbowl and that's the first time a team without a first round bye has won the superbowl since the Ravens. Teams without the first round bye winning the superbowl used to be very rare but now I expect it to happen quite a bit.

It will be interesting to see how the whole losers returning to the superbowl thing plays out over rhe next decade because of the new playoff system.

Edit: Also that 17 game schedule. Some of those 9-7 teams on that list could become 10-7 and earn that final wild card spot.

Great point. The new system most certainly could change a lot of statistics including the losing team going back to the SB.

I think it changes this year if we stay somewhat healthy and have lots of things go our way.

We fixed our 1 weakness so maybe not as many things will need to go our way this time around as well.

(09-06-2022, 09:25 PM)samhain Wrote: I understand the idea that they overachieved considering the o-line and overall youth on offense.  

That said, I don't necessarily see that as a disqualifier with this group.  Peaking early and overachieving aren't necessarily the same.  If anything, the Bengals could be even better with the young offensive players gaining experience and snaps together.  I also think the defense is better than they were ranked in the 2021 regular season, and the playoffs started to reflect that.

The Bengals have been adding defensive pieces for 3 offseasons.  Many of them came from other teams.  It takes time for guys from outside the organization to get on the same page, particularly when there are several coming in at the same time.  This year brings more stability. I think this is an underrated factor.  We basically have the same group of starters retuning for the first time in the Taylor era, and they were pretty good together last year.  I feel like they can be even better.

Great post. That was some quality experience our young guys gained. Like you said we are bringing the most starters back
to a SB losing team I have seen in awhile. We changed 4 starters and went from Uzo to Hurst, Adeniji to Cappa, Hopkins to 
Karras and Prince to La'el frickin' Collins!

We will see how Volson improves playing next to Jonah and Ted. He could get decent faster than some think.

The Defense as you say should be better for sure with another year of Lou adding his personnel and our player's continuing
to grow in his system.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you are no different from the people who said the Bengals could not go to the Super Bowl in '21 because they only won 4 games in '20.

Yep.
I didn't believe they would.
100%
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So pretty much everyone? I don't know of even a die hard Bengal fan that thought we were Super Bowl contenders prior to the start of last season.

Exactly.

You can't say the Broncos won't make it to the Super Bowl this year because they only won 6 games last year.
Reply/Quote