Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a movie that should not have had a sequel
I think a better question is name a movie that should have had a sequel. Almost always sequels are a let down....
Reply/Quote
Caddyshack and Blues Brothers for sure, and I'll add Arthur, and don't even get me started on the remake which of course I refused to see.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lots of choices here..I'll mention Beverley Hills Cop
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 12:36 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Name a movie that should not have had a sequel.

I'll start: Rocky.

What.... then we never would get to see him win lol

The perfect examples i can think of (where the sequel was terrible)

The Feast

Never Ending Story.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 12:36 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Name a movie that should not have had a sequel.

I'll start: Rocky.

But Rocky 4 is the best Rocky....
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sharknado was my 2nd choice.

I disagree. Silly movies like "Sharknado" are tailor-made for sequels:  add better b-list cameos and more ridiculously absurd situations and you have a franchise.  Expectations are low from the start so it isn't like you can really disappoint.

On the contrary, I hate when they take a perfectly good movie and ruin it by introducing a lame sequel.  Jaws 2 and The Godfather part 3 come to mind.    
Reply/Quote
National Lampoon's Vacation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
These movies can stand by themselves without help from a sequel:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
The Matrix
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: National Lampoon's Vacation.

Christmas Vacation was good.  European and Vegas not so much
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: These movies can stand by themselves without help from a sequel:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
The Matrix

All three movies of the Indiana Jones movies are good.
The 4th sucked hard. 
But the first three could all stand alone 
Reply/Quote
Boondock Saints. I know plenty of people liked the sequel, and the ending of the first one left you wanting more, but it just fell flat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Boondock Saints. I know plenty of people liked the sequel, and the ending of the first one left you wanting more, but it just fell flat.

Lacked the feel the first one had. 
Felt like it tried too hard to be a Boondock Saints sequel and not just another good movie. 

The Julie Benz character was so comically awful, from a design and acting standpoint.
Reply/Quote
Back to the Future. II and II just did not meet the magic that was the first movie.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 09:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think a better question is name a movie that should have had a sequel. Almost always sequels are a let down....

I thought a sequel to Office Space would have been great.  They probably could have had most of the actors return as well.

IMO sequels have to come while the talent and writing are still fresh. 

If they made it now it would probably fall flat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Christmas Vacation was good.  European and Vegas not so much

I gotta agree with this. Christmas Vacation is an all-time great and if we didn't get sequels to the original....it wouldn't have happened.

I'm definitely worried about the new vacation movie though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Back to the Future.  II and II just did not meet the magic that was the first movie.

No, but they were still good movies that can hold their own. Kinda like the Jurassic Park franchise. The 2nd movie was still really good, and the 3rd one watchable, but neither could carry the torch of the original.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 12:35 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I disagree. Silly movies like "Sharknado" are tailor-made for sequels:  add better b-list cameos and more ridiculously absurd situations and you have a franchise.  Expectations are low from the start so it isn't like you can really disappoint.

On the contrary, I hate when they take a perfectly good movie and ruin it by introducing a lame sequel.  Jaws 2 and The Godfather part 3 come to mind.    

I just have high standards for B-movies. Sharknado and Feast were great but the sequels, especially Feast 3 were just atrocious wastes of time and energy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No, but they were still good movies that can hold their own.  Kinda like the Jurassic Park franchise.  The 2nd movie was still really good, and the 3rd one watchable, but neither could carry the torch of the original.

I wanted to reach through the screen and smack that Tea Leoni chick.  Shut the F up !!

Easily one of the most annoying characters and performance in a movie IMO.
Reply/Quote
Bad Boys 2 was pretty terrible.  No reason to make that garbage.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Bad Boys 2 was pretty terrible.  No reason to make that garbage.

!!!  Shocked !!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote