Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a movie that should not have had a sequel
(06-10-2015, 09:15 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Halloween 2,3,4,5,6...............

the 'Halloween' franchise could have been so awesome. After 2 John Carpenter wanted to make it an annual anthology series of unconnected movies.  That's why in 3 Micheal Meyers only appears on a television in a commercial for the first 'Halloween'. I think that's a pretty rad idea, but audiences in 82 did not.  They wanted Meyers.

Which is a shame, because I love 'Halloween 3'.  It's just so bizarre. The soundtrack is awesome. There are a lot of good ideas in it, but the execution should have been better.  Not saying it's 'good', just that I like it. (We watch it every Halloween, much to the disdain of my wife)
Reply/Quote
The middle Dumb and Dumber. I didn't see the most recent one, but the one without Carrey and Bridges was garbage.

Caddyshack was the first thing that came to mind though.

Anytime they sequel something without the original characters, it's going to suck.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If memory serves, Lost World was a big rift between Spielberg and Crichton. 
Spielberg added this whole overtone of environmentalism and shit like that. 

He failed to "meld" characters like he did in the first Jurassic Park as well. 

Also just an FYI... the scenes in the 3rd Jurassic park where just the parts of the books 1 and 2 they left out lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 11:55 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: No.

You are so wrong on this. You should go teach classes on being wrong at Wrongville State Community College for the Wrong located in Wrongsylvania off the Wrongywrongwrong turnpike. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You are so wrong on this. You should go teach classes on being wrong at Wrongville State Community College for the Wrong located in Wrongsylvania off the Wrongywrongwrong turnpike. 

None of the Rocky sequels were better than the original. Period.

I'm amazed that I would even need to write that.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:02 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: None of the Rocky sequels were better than the original. Period.

[Image: dl04.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No, but they were still good movies that can hold their own.  Kinda like the Jurassic Park franchise.  The 2nd movie was still really good, and the 3rd one watchable, but neither could carry the torch of the original.

I agree with this. I love Back to the Future and when I watch them, I watch the whole trilogy. Obviously the sequels aren't as good as the original, but very few sequels are better than the original.

However BTTF 2&3 are solid movies and the creators did a lot of work to make sure they followed the rules of time travel.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I can't believe no one has mentioned Donnie Darko yet. That sequal was shit.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:02 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: None of the Rocky sequels were better than the original. Period.

The lines from Clubber Lang alone make Rocky III the best.  And Mickey trying to convince Rocky not to fight.  His descriptions of Clubber Lang were eerily similar to Col Trautman describing John Rambo.

Speaking of sequels, Rambo was awesome when I was a teenager. Not as good as an adult, and whatever followed Rambo was just awful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The lines from Clubber Lang alone make Rocky III the best.  And Mickey trying to convince Rocky not to fight.  His descriptions of Clubber Lang were eerily similar to Col Trautman describing John Rambo.

Speaking of   sequels, Rambo was awesome when I was a teenager.  Not as good as an adult, and whatever followed Rambo was just awful.

No.

The original Rocky won an Oscar because it was so good. Some of the others (like III) were watchable and entertaining. But they were not as good as the original. And they got progressively worse.

As far as personal opinion, I think II was a bit underrated. Filmgoers didn't like it so much at the time because it was a fall off from the original and there were a lot of expectations. But if you rewatch today, I think you can appreciate it a little more.

III was maybe the most entertaining sequel. People still recall the sound track and Clubber's lines ("Paaaaaiiiiin!").

IV was similar to III. It had a few moments and people liked it because of the Cold War theme.

V and Rocky Balboa were not so great to watch.

I am looking forward to the new "Creed" movie about Apollo's son seeking out Rocky to train him this year. We'll see.

I agree about the Rambo series. "First Blood" was great, when I was a teenager. Not as good today. And the sequels were trash.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:10 PM)MrRager Wrote: I can't believe no one has mentioned Donnie Darko yet. That sequal was shit.

Why did that need a sequel?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Why did that need a sequel?

I have no idea. It is sitting at an incredible 3.7 on IMDB and a 0% on rotten tomatoes. It earns those scores.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Stallone has two of the most painfully awkward "dramatic" movie moments I can recall: his "If I can change..." Rocky IV speech, and the "one more thing, do we get to win this time?". Those lines alone ruined both movies (not that they were otherwise going to be that good).
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 02:03 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: The middle Dumb and Dumber.  I didn't see the most recent one, but the one without Carrey and Bridges was garbage.

Caddyshack was the first thing that came to mind though.

Anytime they sequel something without the original characters, it's going to suck.

Looking at your sig....Austin Powers is another, although mini-me was pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:23 AM)Beaker Wrote: So youre saying nothing compares to the magic of your own mom wanting to bang you?

Yeah, that wasn't the road I started down, but, I guess you and I wound up in the same place.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Speaking of sequels one of the funniest movies you have probably not see is "Hamlet 2".

It is a parody of the old "high school teacher defies authority and motivates underachievers" movie. Steve Coogan (a very underrated actor here in the United States) plays the drama teacher who wants to put on his musical "Hamlet 2". Since every major character in Hamlet dies at the end, the story is about how Hamlet and Jesus Christ use a time machine to go back and save everyone. It features the song "Rock me Sexy Jesus" and the best line is when Jesus says "If my dad finds out what I am doing he will crucify me."

The weird thing is that the ending is actually moving.

It didn't win a lot of critical praise, but I really liked it.
Reply/Quote
The Matrix.

Reply/Quote
Ghostbusters.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:27 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Predator 2

So, are you saying Predator 2 shouldn't have been made? Or that another Predator movie shouldn't have followed it. Because I personally enjoyed Predators(Produced by Robert Rodriguez). Not to mention Predator 2 blew.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 03:35 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters didn't need a sequel, but Ghostbusters II was awesome. 

Reply/Quote