Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name something you hate about liberals...and conservatives.....
(07-26-2015, 04:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have never minded which gov policies are chosen.  I just want a small gov that respects the budget.   I know exactly what happens in a single payer system.  And if you are willing to cut other social programs to pay for it then I am all for that.    

Just as I am all for defense spending if we can cit other military/defense programs to pay for it.  

Just have to prioritize which social programs to get rid of to pay for single payer.   Which would be quite a few given the cost.

I pretty much agree, I think there is a lot of fat that could be trimmed.  I don't think it'll happen though, too many special interest groups in Washington wanting their piece of the pie.
(07-26-2015, 04:30 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I pretty much agree, I think there is a lot of fat that could be trimmed.  I don't think it'll happen though, too many special interest groups in Washington wanting their piece of the pie.

Agreed. It's also hard to take away services to people who have made their lives around them. That's the problem with a government offering these services. Private charities would need to step up to help bridge people from a life based on benefits to sorting themselves out.
(07-25-2015, 04:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Agree.  For two reasons:  Yes they had the death penalty in the Old Testament but then Jesus came and fulfilled the law.  A perfect example is how he pardoned the woman caught in adultery, which would have been punishable by death.  The second reason is that I think life and death are in God's hands.  He may have plans for this person, no matter what evil thing they did.  Should they be in prison for life? Absolutely.   
Just out of curiosity, how do you know God's "plan" for those people isn't for them to be executed?
(07-26-2015, 06:44 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, how do you know God's "plan" for those people isn't for them to be executed?
That's the whole point.  I don't know. Only God knows. I say just keep them locked up so they can't harm anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 06:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That's the whole point.  I don't know.  Only God knows.  I say just keep them locked up so they can't harm anyone else.

But if it's gods plan locking them up without killing them would be against gods plan.
(07-26-2015, 07:51 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: But if it's gods plan locking them up without killing them would be against gods plan.

Yeah I get where you're going.  I'm leaving life and death up to God in that situation.  If God wants someone dead, they will die with no help from me or any other person.
I hate right wingers who try to sell you God and I hate left wingers who can't just ride their bicycles somewhere other than motorized traffics' main path. I hate bicycle friendly communities.
(07-26-2015, 09:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah I get where you're going.  I'm leaving life and death up to God in that situation.  If God wants someone dead, they will die with no help from me or any other person.

Other than the God part, I agree with you here.  Human beings should not be allowed to decide who lives and who dies in any situation.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2015, 11:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Other than the God part, I agree with you here.  Human beings should not be allowed to decide who lives and who dies in any situation.

I don't want to ignite a whole thing here but based on your statement would that include abortion as well?
(07-26-2015, 10:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I hate right wingers who try to sell you God and I hate left wingers who can't just ride their bicycles somewhere other than motorized traffics' main path. I hate bicycle friendly communities.

Sounds fair enough.