Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard
(01-16-2023, 10:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This game marked the day that I officially began hating Harbaugh more than his brother.  What a whiny bytch.  I think Harbaugh is German for "whiny wanker".

I do have to tip my hat to Snoop Huntley, though.  That dude, and JK Dobbins (who can thank Goodell for allowing them to be rested) played really damn well.  

Der weinerlicher wichser which in proper spelling is John Harbaugh.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Has to be fumble in the jungle

Fumble in the jungle, for all its poetry, would be how the Ravens describe it, as something negative. Bengals need to come up with something positive. Rumble in the jungle has the same poetry, but sounds like an event, like a boxing match, more than a specific play. What about The Stop and Go?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Fumble in the jungle, for all its poetry, would be how the Ravens describe it, as something negative. Bengals need to come up with something positive. 

?? Only to you it sounds negative. The ravens fumbled it. It's a fumble

a fumble that benefitted cincy. It's not negative
Reply/Quote
I think my personal favorite is Rumble on the River. Credit to Ben Baby.

It's less on-the-nose than the literalism of "Fumble in the Jungle", and more alliterative than "Rumble in the Jungle". It captures a moment and a place with the proper artistry.
Reply/Quote
The “Thicc-Six”
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not thrilled with "thicc six" or variations on that since it is so general. That's applicable to any big man scoring a TD. I think it needs to be contextualized.

Clearly this is important to me.
Reply/Quote
Im not one to try and force nicknames on players or plays. I think nicknames should happen organically rather than being proactively brainstormed
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ?? Only to you it sounds negative. The ravens fumbled it. It's a fumble

a fumble that benefitted cincy. It's not negative

Only to me does "fumble" sound negative? Huh?   The very definition of fumble in a dictionary has negative connotations. ("using the hands clumsily.")

And this was not exactly "Tony Romo's botched snap" or the "butt fumble" or the "Miracle at the Meadowlands" (botched handoff, presented in a positive way by Giants fans). It was an aggressive play by the Bengals defense. 

To define the play as "fumble" is what the Ravens would do. If you want to memorialize the play from the Bengals perspective, you have to put a positive spin on both the dislodging of the ball and the 98-yard runback.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:59 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im not one to try and force nicknames on players or plays.  I think nicknames should happen organically rather than being proactively brainstormed

Agreed. Knew that whole 'name the kicker" stuff was going to backfire. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:59 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im not one to try and force nicknames on players or plays. I think nicknames should happen organically rather than being proactively brainstormed

Says the guy that picked his own nickname when he first signed on to the board.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:14 PM)Destro Wrote: Agreed. Knew that whole 'name the kicker" stuff was going to backfire. 

I still call him Legs Benedict, and I don't care who knows!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Says the guy that picked his own nickname when he first signed on to the board.

ok
Reply/Quote
Despite the connotations I like the Immaculate Rejection and Hubbard Yard Dash rolls off the tongue.
Reply/Quote
The Hubbard Heist
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:28 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Gonna go with Rumble in the Jungle.  With props to SHRX for his excellent command of the German language.

I like that one myself and the German translation of Harbaugh's name to "whiny wanker" lol
Reply/Quote
Goal line Sam'd. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
IF WE WIN THE SUPER BOWL, this play will become the "Immaculate Reception" of Bengal folklore.

I hereby name it the FUMBLE RUMBLE.

Now let's hope we win the Super Bowl!  This awesome Bengal play in many ways was the best defensive play ever for our team!

Who Dey,
Bengal Steve 13
Section 313, Row 13, Seat 13
Tiger
Reply/Quote
I am Sam, ....Sam-I-Am
Yet the Ravens do not like Sam-I-Am, or green eggs and ham.

Like these 3

Rumble in the Jungle
River Run
The Hubbard Yd Dash........probably my fav

If Wilson had just tipped it to himself it could have easily been named after the old movie....Logan's Run.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Fantastic Fumble…but I love The Fumble in the Jungle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The Stripe Swipe
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote