Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard
Mannah from heaven play
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Leave the cigars with Burrow. Oxygen mask for Hubbard.  Cool

That would be hilarious. A Hubbard O2 mask emoji. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Named by who? 

I can live with it, because I like Jethro Tull, and the song Bungle in the Jungle pops in my mind every time I think of the words fumble in the jungle.  I prefer other descriptive phrases for the play, particularly ones that include the incredible run the length of the field, but fumble in the jungle does have a poetic quality.

(01-17-2023, 09:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see NFL films called it fumble in the jungle and someone replied, "Its name is the Hubbard Yard Dash. Get it right!!"

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1615442714786422800

Anyway, fumble in the jungle seems to be catching on. I was critical of it in this threat, but as I just mentioned, that is mitigated because I like the Jethro Tull song, which rattles around in my brain. It's growing on me. I can see replays with the Tull song as the background. (And until I googled "fumble in the jungle" I didn't know about the Urban dictionary meaning of the phrase.)

Someone also mentioned: That call from Mike Tirico is an instant classic," and that is true. He did a great job on that call. And I love "The Cincinnati Kid!"

Love this too and Jethro Tull.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Fumble in the Jungle and the Immaculate Rejection are the only two worth a damn.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Leave the cigars with Burrow. Oxygen mask for Hubbard.  Cool

(01-18-2023, 01:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would be hilarious. A Hubbard O2 mask emoji. Big Grin

Sam
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 05:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sam

SamSamSam

OH YES!!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 05:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sam

Nice! Cool