Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard
(01-17-2023, 11:57 AM)Nepa Wrote: Wham! Bam! Thank you, Sam!  is quite creative. 

And it does show up in some mainstream songs (Dean Martin, Slade, Suffragette City). And kind of puts it to the Ravens as well! Don't think it is sexual assault, just quick and without tenderness. With the Ravens as the recipient in this case.

Hilarious Made me think of sex with little kids in the house... Been a while, but fun times. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't read through all 6 pages of the thread, but I read this suggestion on reddit and think it should be called the "Hubbard Yard Dash"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Made me think of sex with little kids in the house... Been a while, but fun times. 

...sex with your wife while there are little kids in the house... big difference!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote:

Nah, I would say the phrase Fumble in the Jungle is more apropos to the Jeremy Hill fumble against the Steelers, that cost the Bengals a playoff win. When one calls something a fumble, the emphasis is placed on the person or team fumbling the ball. Like the butt fumble or the Romo fumble. Even the Giants didn't use Fumble in the Meadowlands, but Miracle in the Meadowlands. I would rather they put the positive spin on the Bengals, not the focus on the Ravens. And fumble also doesn't convey the 98-yard-run.

And not Rumble in the Jungle because that is the name of perhaps the most widely viewed sporting event in history, the Ali-Frazer bout in the middle of Africa. It will always dwarf this event.

I'm leaning more towards The Hubbard-Yard Dash at this point.   Which was really almost 100 yards if one considers that the ball was near the goal line when knocked out. And it conveys the excitement of the run from one end zone to the other.

Wham! Bam! Thank you Sam! is also quite creative. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Made me think of sex with little kids in the house... Been a while, but fun times. 

Bad choice of words, you should really edit that.
Reply/Quote
Saw a headline yesterday about the play being named already.

While waiting for it to load (work PC is often slow) I thought to myself that it would probably say The Rumble In The Jungle, but it said The Fumble In The Jungle.

Like it or not, that headline is here to stay.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Saw a headline yesterday about the play being named already.

While waiting for it to load (work PC is often slow) I thought to myself that it would probably say The Rumble In The Jungle, but it said The Fumble In The Jungle.

Like it or not, that headline is here to stay.

Named by who? 

I can live with it, because I like Jethro Tull, and the song Bungle in the Jungle pops in my mind every time I think of the words fumble in the jungle.  I prefer other descriptive phrases for the play, particularly ones that include the incredible run the length of the field, but fumble in the jungle does have a poetic quality.
Reply/Quote
I see NFL films called it fumble in the jungle and someone replied, "Its name is the Hubbard Yard Dash. Get it right!!"

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1615442714786422800

Anyway, fumble in the jungle seems to be catching on. I was critical of it in this threat, but as I just mentioned, that is mitigated because I like the Jethro Tull song, which rattles around in my brain. It's growing on me. I can see replays with the Tull song as the background. (And until I googled "fumble in the jungle" I didn't know about the Urban dictionary meaning of the phrase.)

Someone also mentioned: That call from Mike Tirico is an instant classic," and that is true. He did a great job on that call. And I love "The Cincinnati Kid!"
Reply/Quote
I still like the Hubbard Heist
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The Fumblrunski
Reply/Quote
Did anyone suggest Legs Benedict yet?

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:40 PM)Tomkat Wrote: ...sex with your wife while there are little kids in the house... big difference!   Hilarious

yes, and...gross.  She is now an ex-wife  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They came so close to batching this. A convoy and not 1 saw Andrew's. Bailey could have been called for a block in the back. Really surprised he wasnt.

That's because the Ref's and the NFL were pulling for us to win and have a "rematch" with the Bills.  Wink

Do you really think Baltimore @ Buffalo would draw ratings?  Sick
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 03:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did anyone suggest Legs Benedict yet?

Ninja

Post. Of. The. Millenium. 

Hilarious

I'm going to be laughing all day because of this. Well done, sir.
Reply/Quote
Raven TE                                                                            Hubbard 

[Image: tortoise_hare.jpg]

The Turtle and the Hare.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Post. Of. The. Millenium. 

Hilarious

I'm going to be laughing all day because of this. Well done, sir.

Legs Bendeict is going to happen, it's just a matter of where it lands. It's become immortal. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Legs Bendeict is going to happen, it's just a matter of where it lands. It's become immortal. Hilarious

[Image: Darth-Vader-No-Gif.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need an emote with Hubbard with a cigar or whatever, too.  Cigar

Leave the cigars with Burrow. Oxygen mask for Hubbard.  Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:28 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Saw this one on Twitter - 'The immaculate rejection' 

i like it
Reply/Quote