Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming Rights
(06-30-2022, 03:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Just make a statue of Paul Brown and put in front of PBS. There is really no need to cost the team Milliions of Dollars because of pride!

That may happen eventually but won't happen while Mike is still alive.  He's old school and considers his father to be his idol.  Not that the rest of us don't do the same but this football thing is Mike's life, always has been.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 08:59 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That may happen eventually but won't happen while Mike is still alive.  He's old school and considers his father to be his idol.  Not that the rest of us don't do the same but this football thing is Mike's life, always has been.

Yep, I agree. No way MB does away with (stating confidently hoping he proves me wrong like everything else I firmly stand-fast). Although, as an organization, we are miles ahead of where we were 2yrs ago. 

Reply/Quote
These organizations make so much money... name it what you want. It might be the kid in me but it annoys me seeing corporations as the name of a stadium.

5 Million a year for naming rights is a drop in the bucket for these billionaires.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 02:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: These organizations make so much money... name it what you want. It might be the kid in me but it annoys me seeing corporations as the name of a stadium.

5 Million a year for naming rights is a drop in the bucket for these billionaires.

The Reds got lucky with Great American Ballpark. That sounds like it could be a real non-corporate name

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: The Reds got lucky with Great American Ballpark.  That sounds like it could be a real non-corporate name

I didn't know for years just assumed they picked a great name. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:40 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Skyline Stadium has a nice ring to it.

Since Gold Star has the deal with the Bengals, it would likely be Gold Star Stadium.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Since Gold Star has the deal with the Bengals, it would likely be Gold Star Stadium.

Skyline Stadium sounds cool. Gold Star Stadium sounds really stupid.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Folks thinking Mom and Pop's like Skyline or Goldstar could win a bidding war for naming rights to an NFL stadium might be overestimating the Chili restaurant's value. Now companies like P&G, Cintas, or Kroger would be more likely.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Family Dollar Stadium! 
Harbor Freight Grounds!
Cost Cutter Stadium! (Kroger)
Here in South Carolina there's a gas station called El Cheapos.. El Cheapo Stadium!  It just have such a Mike Brown ring to it..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 02:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: These organizations make so much money... name it what you want.  It might be the kid in me but it annoys me seeing corporations as the name of a stadium.

I agree but it's just the way of the world now.

I can't even come close to remembering all the details. But I remember reading an article several years ago where some big monster Co. was offering big $$$ for naming rights and MB shot it down, would not budge no matter how high they went.
Reply/Quote
How about naming it after Cincinnati Bell's new name?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Didn't want to start a thread for this. But if we have another deep run into playoffs this year and attract even more fans. Do we add more seats to the stadium next year during the off season? I remember reading when the stadium was built that we could add more seats and even some kind of roof to it.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Skyline Stadium sounds cool. Gold Star Stadium sounds really stupid.  Cool

Plus, Skyline is better, but there's only 160 Skyline restaurants, and not all of them are even in Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky, so no way they come up with that kind of money.

Apparently, though, there's only 85 Gold Stars, and not all of them are even in Northern Kentucky or Greater Cincinnati, so it makes me wonder how they came up with enough money to get the deal to be in the stadium. I think Gold Star is corporately owned and I know Skyline has at least a few different owners in Northern Kentucky, but it still seems odd.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 06:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: People are still saying sheesh? Ouch. 

People are still saying Ouch.   Wowzers.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Mike should rename it to "Kiss my ass in Cleveland..You dumb bastards fired my dad and signed Watson Stadium" 
Or "Paul Brown's Ironic Revenge Stadium" 
Somewhere in Paulie heaven he has to be laughing his ass off about the Watson and Mayfield thing.. And to think we thought Mike being cheap was even half as dumb as Cleveland itself.. 

The Cleveland football team is named after Paul Brown.  I doubt he likes it when they look bad.

And having a team named after you is more impressive than just a stadium.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks thinking Mom and Pop's like Skyline or Goldstar could win a bidding war for naming rights to an NFL stadium might be overestimating the Chili restaurant's value. Now companies like P&G, Cintas, or Kroger would be more likely.

https://www.espn.com/sportsbusiness/s/stadiumnames.html

It really isn't that expensive to get the naming rights to a stadium

Skyline does 200-250 Mill in revenue a year. 

I just thought it was funny to think about.   Cintas, P and G, etc would be jumping at the chance.  Heck, even TQL
Reply/Quote
I'd rather it stay PBS instead of selling the name away for a few million. But I don't own the Bengals so I have no say. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 01:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'd rather it stay PBS instead of selling the name away for a few million.  But I don't own the Bengals so I have no say.  :)

Same.
HORRORMOVIETALK.COM --- HORRORSOCIETY.COM --- NIGHTCHANNELS.COM
DUSTIN GOEBEL ARTWORK @ PINTEREST --- DARK ART @ MACABRE GALLERY

[Image: imageedit-5-9954707407.gif]
Support your favorite artists, independent filmmakers and movie review podcasters

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 01:47 PM)ATOTR Wrote: https://www.espn.com/sportsbusiness/s/stadiumnames.html

It really isn't that expensive to get the naming rights to a stadium

Skyline does 200-250 Mill in revenue a year. 

I just thought it was funny to think about.   Cintas, P and G, etc would be jumping at the chance.  Heck, even TQL

Dude, that list is OLD..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 01:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'd rather it stay PBS instead of selling the name away for a few million.  But I don't own the Bengals so I have no say.  :)

True, but would you say the same for 100 million?
Reply/Quote