Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming Rights
(07-05-2022, 05:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: True, but would you say the same for 100 million?

Id think that if they want to upgrade the stadium, with the help of the county/tax payers, that they would almost force the bengals to sell the rights to help pay for the 100's of millions in costs. 
Reply/Quote
Kroger makes the most sense if someone ever bought the naming rights to the stadium.
Kroger is the largest pure supermarket chain in the US with over 2700 stores.
They have Harris Teeter, Smith's, and Dillons in other areas of the US that don't have Kroger grocery stores.

If P&G were to buy the stadium naming rights, I'm not sure if people outside of the Tri-State area would know who they are.
People all over the country buy their products, but I'm not sure how many people know that most of those brands all belong to P&G.
It might be best to pick one of their brand names for the name.

Or maybe PFF Stadium since PFF's headquarters is downtown Cincy  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 05:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: True, but would you say the same for 100 million?

Yes because Paul Brown is an NFL icon. Also, without him Cincinnati may not even have an NFL team for us to root for.   There is something to be said for tradition and respecting that.  In my opinion some things should not be sold to the highest bidder.  Plus those big multi million naming rights are spread out over many years.  So it isn't like it is 100 million a year.  More like a few million a year over the life of the agreement.  From what I looked up NFL revenue sharing was $274.3 million per team last year.  So maybe say 7-8 million or so a year isn't that important to sell out the name.  Who knows?

But that's just my opinion.  Also I think Mike is of the same opinion or he would have sold out a long time ago.  I hope his family feels the same once he is gone.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yes because Paul Brown is an NFL icon. Also, without him Cincinnati may not even have an NFL team for us to root for.   There is something to be said for tradition and respecting that.  In my opinion some things should not be sold to the highest bidder.  Plus those big multi million naming rights are spread out over many years.  So it isn't like it is 100 million a year.  More like a few million a year over the life of the agreement.  From what I looked up NFL revenue sharing was $274.3 million per team last year.  So maybe say 7-8 million or so a year isn't that important to sell out the name.  Who knows?

But that's just my opinion.  Also I think Mike is of the same opinion or he would have sold out a long time ago.  I hope his family feels the same once he is gone.

Also we wouldn't have gone with Tiger Johnson as HC over some guy named Bill Welsh sp?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yes because Paul Brown is an NFL icon. Also, without him Cincinnati may not even have an NFL team for us to root for.   There is something to be said for tradition and respecting that.  In my opinion some things should not be sold to the highest bidder.  Plus those big multi million naming rights are spread out over many years.  So it isn't like it is 100 million a year.  More like a few million a year over the life of the agreement.  From what I looked up NFL revenue sharing was $274.3 million per team last year.  So maybe say 7-8 million or so a year isn't that important to sell out the name.  Who knows?

If the Bengals hadn't landed in Cincinnati, it could be possible that the Colts landed in Cincy when Bob Irsay moved them from Baltimore in 1984.
Or the Oilers could have moved to Cincy from Houston back in 1997. Nashville was not nearly as populated back then like it is today.
The Jags could have also landed in Cincy instead when they added the two new teams in 1995.

So I don't think if the Bengals didn't come that Cincinnati would have guaranteed never had a team.

And even if Cincinnati didn't have a team, Indianapolis isn't that far away. About as far from Cincy as Columbus is.
Anyone from Cincy would have an easy drive to Indy to be able to watch a game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So I don't think if the Bengals didn't come that Cincinnati would have guaranteed never had a team.

I didn't say it was guaranteed.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Terry's Turf Club Stadium
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:52 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I didn't say it was guaranteed.  

I know. You said may.
I just wanted to point out that there definitely could have been other opportunities over the past 50 years for Cincy to get a team if the Bengals didn't start there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
"The King's Island Jungle Adventure"
Reply/Quote
Seeing the horrible name (acrisure) the Steelers have replaced the Heinz sponsorship with, I am suddenly really grateful for a very simple Paul Brown Stadium

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:58 AM)pally Wrote: Seeing the horrible name (acrisure) the Steelers have replaced the Heinz sponsorship with, I am suddenly really grateful for a very simple Paul Brown Stadium
I Think all stadiums should be named after NFL Legends
Reply/Quote
Seeing a lot of people online saying that the Bengals are Cash poor! Well if that's the case then why are they not doing a basic thing like selling the name PBS? If the Brown family is so poor and can not afford basic contracts then shouldn't they be doing more to add revenue?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 08:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Seeing a lot of people  online saying that the Bengals are  Cash poor! Well if that's the case then why are they not doing a basic thing like selling the name PBS? If the Brown family is so poor and can not afford basic contracts then shouldn't they be doing more to add revenue?

Won't happen until Mike passes away.  For our sake I hope it doesn't get sold.... the Steelers new name is God Awful. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kroger makes the most sense if someone ever bought the naming rights to the stadium.

My Kentucky Wildcats already have "Kroger Field" was named a couple years ago the replacement to Commonwealth Stadium
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 09:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Won't happen until Mike passes away.  For our sake I hope it doesn't get sold.... the Steelers new name is God Awful. 

Who care about the name of the stadium? Don't you want the team to be as competitive year in and year out?
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 09:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Who care about the name of the stadium? Don't you want the team to be as competitive year in and year out?

Sure but I don't believe 5 Million $'s is going to make or break the Bengals every season. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 09:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sure but I don't believe 5 Million $'s is going to make or break the Bengals every season. 
Every bit counts though. Also it would probably be around 10 million a year like Pitts deal!
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 09:25 AM)EatonFan Wrote: People are still saying Ouch.   Wowzers.

Nobody really ever said wowzers except on stupid TV shows that were never really funny.. Ding dangit! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 09:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Won't happen until Mike passes away.  For our sake I hope it doesn't get sold.... the Steelers new name is God Awful. 

At least I can enjoy Heinz ketchup, guilt free now.

Reply/Quote
P&G is the obvious choice.

It would be cool if Masmi paid for the naming rights. They are a direct competitor with P&G in the feminine hygiene market except their products are organic and eco-friendly.

P&G would be highly offended by Masmi's attack on their home turf, so they would use their overwhelming corporate power advantage ($348 billion market cap for P&G, $12.5 for Masmi) to destroy Masmi and buy them out. Then they would continue to sale products under the Masmi name but they would all be made from petroleum and dead polar bears.

But it probably won't happen.
Reply/Quote