Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming Rights
(07-17-2022, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least I can enjoy Heinz ketchup, guilt free now.

Unless John Kerry tries to come out of retirement.
Reply/Quote
Skyline Stadium would be amazing.... Gold Star Venue.... P&G Field...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
We would have totally won that Super Bowl had Skyline been our sponsor instead of Gold Star. Just sayin…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1549851285637193728?s=21&t=d0EmxdNTUaNeXravVeWgFQ

It’s happening
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:21 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1549851285637193728?s=21&t=d0EmxdNTUaNeXravVeWgFQ

It’s happening

In a giant FU to the Steelers, Heinz and their ketchup bottles are coming to PBS   Hilarious  

The article is behind a paywall that I haven't paid for. I have no idea what it says. I still see PBS being part of the name though which I think I said in the OP. Charmain Field at Paul Brown Stadium or something like that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:21 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1549851285637193728?s=21&t=d0EmxdNTUaNeXravVeWgFQ

It’s happening

Too bad Cinergy isn't around anymore.
Could have revived Cinergy Field at Paul Brown Stadium!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Toyota has a plant less than 90 minutes from the stadium. I could see them having an interest. No doubt they have the resources to pay for the rights.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Toyota has a plant less than 90 minutes from the stadium.  I could see them having an interest.  No doubt they have the resources to pay for the rights.

Logical candidates do include Toyota but we can also look at 

Kroger
GE Aerospace 
P&G or any of their major brands
TQL  (unlikely as they already sponsor the stadium for FC Cincinnati)
Medpace (this one I could see, a rapidly growing medical company looking for more exposure)
Kao or one of their brands
Skyline (unlikely as Gold Star is a team sponsor)
Jeff Ruby (well he probably can't afford it but I can see him trying)
Cintas (unlikely because they are cheap)
Western-Southern (unlikely because of the tennis tournament and courts)
Cincinnati Financial
Fifth Third Bank

I'm sure there are more.

I can't see the Browns choosing a name that doesn't have some strong ties to Cincinnati

Reply/Quote
The why to me is fascinating with the timing not being coincidental in my mind. This does seem directly related to needing additional cash potentially for large signing bonuses coming soon (Burrow/Chase/Higgins).
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 07:04 PM)pally Wrote: Logical candidates do include Toyota but we can also look at 

P&G or any of their major brands

I'm sure there are more.

I can't see the Browns choosing a name that doesn't have some strong ties to Cincinnati

Yeah, even if Mike Brown’s not running things anymore, I can’t see the front office selling to anyone outside the Cincinnati area, especially since the tax payers built the stadium.

My guess is it will be P&G.

Here’s an interesting thought: did we wait to sell the name until we won a playoff game or made a deep playoff run so we could up the price?!

Seems unlikely because I think it was just Mike being stubborn (or wanting to continue to honor his old man) but it would be a GENIUS move because the price has never been higher than it is right now.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are paying for the practice facility out of their own funds so stadium naming rights will replenish some of that cash. But I think needing cash on hand for the signing bonuses is the true impetus.

Reply/Quote
Jungle Jims - The Jungle

My bet would be P&G Field

Just keep it Cincinnati
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 07:19 PM)pally Wrote: The Browns are paying for the practice facility out of their own funds so stadium naming rights will replenish some of that cash. But I think needing cash on hand for the signing bonuses is the true impetus.

Not just signing bonuses.

I believe league rules require the guaranteed funds in contracts require those funds to be put in escrow, so something like Joey B is going to get will require a shit ton of money to be put aside. This was my immediate thought when I saw the naming rights news.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 08:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Seeing a lot of people  online saying that the Bengals are  Cash poor! Well if that's the case then why are they not doing a basic thing like selling the name PBS? If the Brown family is so poor and can not afford basic contracts then shouldn't they be doing more to add revenue?

Yeah, it's just ludicrous. I hate how this team does business sometimes. The truth comes out on the Bates offer ($17MM guaranteed on $75MM total... a paltry %) and now they can't vilify him anymore for being cheap and selfish. So they start talking about how they lack "liquidity" to offer guaranteed money since it needs to go in an escrow account. Round and round we go. One excuse after another. It's just ludicrous.

I mean, if any of that is even true, they need to sell the team. They're in the wrong business and out of their depth. There's a waiting list on season tickets, their merch revenues from across the country are presumably higher than ever- while their future couldn't be brighter- they still have $10-20MM in cap room depending on what happens with Bates... if you're crying poor like this, you need to sell the team. Full stop.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 08:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not just signing bonuses.

I believe league rules require the guaranteed funds in contracts require those funds to be put in escrow, so something like Joey B is going to get will require a shit ton of money to be put aside.  This was my immediate thought when I saw the naming rights news.

My thoughts as well. The Bengals are getting ready for Joe's deal. Probably Chase's deal and possibly Tee's deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It sorta made sense to want to keep PBS naming as-is back in the day when the deals weren't massive, but it's silly to turn down the multi-millions yearly you can get now. The Browns are getting $7m/yr, the Steelers are getting >$10m/yr. That's just too much money that could be used to spruce up the stadium and improve it to turn it down for nepotistic pride.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope skyline buys the rights and then does the deal gold star does after wins...lol
Reply/Quote
What it will be: P&G Stadium (duh)

What I want: MadTree Stadium (sounds cool, and I don't even drink beer)

Darkhorse: Fifth Third Stadium (they already do the better together game recaps, so there's a small connection)
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I hope they only sell the field name rights....

And they sell it to Jungle Jim (not likely)

But P&G or Kroger Field @ PBS doesnt sound so bad

i understand its to help fund the 500 mil in renovations that are needed
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 02:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: How about naming it after Cincinnati Bell's new name?

Ultafiber....they were mentioned as a definite possibility on Mike McConnell this morning.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote