Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nancy Pelosi is too far Right for the Democrat base
(09-22-2017, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump is a truly centrist president.   He is as independent as they get.  

Had the conservatives had their way it would be President Ted Cruz.

Populist may be a more accurate term. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-22-2017, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump is a truly centrist president. He is as independent as they get.

Centrist on some things, but not on others. He does have some authoritarian tendencies, and authoritarianism occurs at the far ends of both sides of the spectrum. He is an independent, though.
(09-22-2017, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump is a truly centrist president. He is as independent as they get.

LOL

How can he be a centrist when he keeps changing his position on most issues?

[Image: trump-flip-flops_650x400_61505465383.jpg]

[Image: trump-flip-flops-759.jpg?w=759]

[Image: 405680_62877221.jpg]

He is truly a reality TV attention ***** who tweets more frequently than a teenage girl.
(09-22-2017, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Populist may be a more accurate term. 

I think he fits in more with a classic democrat. He could have easily ran as a democrat in the 80's, 90's or even 00's.
(09-22-2017, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Centrist on some things, but not on others. He does have some authoritarian tendencies, and authoritarianism occurs at the far ends of both sides of the spectrum. He is an independent, though.

What is he an authoritarian on?
(09-22-2017, 12:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LOL

How can he be a centrist when he keeps changing his position on most issues?

[Image: trump-flip-flops_650x400_61505465383.jpg]

[Image: trump-flip-flops-759.jpg?w=759]

[Image: 405680_62877221.jpg]

He is truly a reality TV attention ***** who tweets more frequently than a teenage girl.

Are you now going to start posting in gif and meme now like Dino?
(09-22-2017, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What is he an authoritarian on?

A lot of his stated preferences for censorship trend into the authoritarian waters.
(09-22-2017, 03:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A lot of his stated preferences for censorship trend into the authoritarian waters.

Such as.... I do not recall him trying to censor anything.
(09-22-2017, 03:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Such as....  I do not recall him trying to censor anything.

I'm just glad he has no way of silencing the press. You and I both know he would if he could.  His disdain for them is obvious to all.
(09-22-2017, 03:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Such as.... I do not recall him trying to censor anything.

(09-22-2017, 03:42 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm just glad he has no way of silencing the press. You and I both know he would if he could.  His disdain for them is obvious to all.

This is what I am getting at. This is why I said he has tendencies, not policies. His rhetoric is very "budding authoritarian" when it comes to the press.
(09-21-2017, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We can agree to disagree then.

How very civilized of you. It's a good thing I'm not a civilized-ist. Mellow

(09-21-2017, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At the very least, we both think anyone, no matter the race, hating another race is "racist". 

Agreed. ThumbsUp

Wanna hug? Make out? Bump uglies? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-22-2017, 03:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are you now going to start posting in gif and meme now like Dino?

As a Libertarian you shouldn't care what I post as long as it doesn't interfere with your right to post, but you have never been a Libertarian.  I'm amazed you let this bother you.
(09-22-2017, 03:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Such as....  I do not recall him trying to censor anything.

Believe it or not; I'm not the biggest Trump hater in this forum. But I will say his comments toward the free press and the Judicial Branch border on grounds for censure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-22-2017, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it or not; I'm not the biggest Trump hater in this forum. But I will say his comments toward the free press and the Judicial Branch border on grounds for censure. 

The guy can't possibly be serious about censoring the press they are his foil. He needs them and they need him. Calling them fake news is mostly accurate and then calling him out on his lies are valid as well.

If the press wants to kill trump they should just stop covering him. But they won't because they need him as much as he needs them.
(09-22-2017, 03:42 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm just glad he has no way of silencing the press. You and I both know he would if he could.  His disdain for them is obvious to all.

(09-22-2017, 03:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is what I am getting at. This is why I said he has tendencies, not policies. His rhetoric is very "budding authoritarian" when it comes to the press.

Sorry I don't agree. When had he said he would shut down the press?

Outside of calling them fake news.... what has he done? And honestly hey deserve to be called fake news for all their biased coverage going on decades now.

You guys think the press has been fair because you are liberals.
(09-23-2017, 12:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sorry I don't agree.    When had he said he would shut down the press?  

Outside of calling them fake news.... what has he done?   And honestly hey deserve to be called fake news for all their biased coverage going on decades now.

I didn't expect you would.  I didn't he say he did either but he does try to bypass them as much as he can.  If he had the ability to censor the press I would have no doubt that he would. So since he can't censor them he just tries to discredit them.  It's his own antics that gets him the headlines. 

The funny part about this is you complain about fake news then post links to the dailywire or breitbart.  Sounds like you like your news spoon fed to you so that it aligns with your world view.

The even funnier part to me is that you think the MSM is fake is because you're part of the alt-right.
Because it's relevant to this conversation, he has called on NFL owners to fire "son of a *****" players who kneel.

When speaking of white supremacist groups protesting, he described some of them as being "very fine people".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 12:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sorry I don't agree. When had he said he would shut down the press?

Outside of calling them fake news.... what has he done? And honestly hey deserve to be called fake news for all their biased coverage going on decades now.

You do realize he has called them fake news for reporting the facts, right? He has called them an enemy of the people, straight up. That is the talk of an authoritarian.
(09-23-2017, 04:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When speaking of white supremacist groups protesting, he described some of them as being "very fine people".

Just when we were making progress. Please share the quote where he called some white supremacists "very fine people".

I suppose one could draw that inference if they believed that everyone protesting the removal of statues are White Supremacists; otherwise, it is just an attempt to troll.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-23-2017, 02:01 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I didn't expect you would.  I didn't he say he did either but he does try to bypass them as much as he can.  If he had the ability to censor the press I would have no doubt that he would. So since he can't censor them he just tries to discredit them.  It's his own antics that gets him the headlines. 

The funny part about this is you complain about fake news then post links to the dailywire or breitbart.  Sounds like you like your news spoon fed to you so that it aligns with your world view.

The even funnier part to me is that you think the MSM is fake is because you're part of the alt-right.

First understand who and what the "Big 6" mainstream media is. And it isn't Breitbart.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media

Breitbart and others wouldn't exist if the MSM did not have a glaring liberal bias and made up of "journalists" and CEO's who vote democrat exclusively.
Americans aren't being fed Breitbart on a daily basis.

They're being fed what Captain Kirk and crew are being fed...