Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period?
I seriously don't know how we're going to spend all this money haha. Now Jonah is leaving, so our options at RT are down to...Tyron Smith, who probably has no interest in playing RT?

Grand.

I hope we keep DJ...
Reply/Quote
The Bengals wait until the dust settles then jump in and sign tier 3 and 4 guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Fuller wants 13M per year.  Are they sitting DJ or would they rather find a CB4?  I'd be happy if they signed Fuller, just not sure they are going in that deep at CB.

Hey, I don't like losing Chido, Fuller would make sure our Corners are damn good.

(03-13-2024, 08:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have a funny feeling Gesicki will be lining up in slot a lot and Sample at TE. In other words Gesicki may be more of a Boyd replacement than a TE1.

For sure, I think they wanted to do that last year with Kincaid from what I heard.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 05:28 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: I'm confused by what's going on in the front office.

Ridley still sitting out there.    You can safely move on from Higgins with a much cheaper option and pretty similar production.

The Mixon for Moss move is simply ridiculous.   For that little savings?   Good luck having Moss stay healthy.     I'm assuming Chase Brown is going to get a healthy bulk of the work.  Mixon was a workhorse, one of the emotional leaders of this team and very dependable and consistent.

This aged poorly.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 06:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We signed Higgins, that ate up almost 22 million in 2024. 

Mixon cut and Moss addition netted us additional cap money.

We had no TE on the roster, we signed Sample and Gesicki for team friendly deals. 

We signed back our back up RB Williams and ST star Davis - Gaither

We upgraded Geno Stone from Scott

What would you have done differently on day 1 of FA?

I would have signed Ridley for the $18 million a year with the exact same production as Higgins and traded Higgins. 

If I told you we signed Higgins for 4 years 72 million,  would you have been excited?  That's rhetorical.

Huge opportunity missed. 

You can't sign Higgins to $24-27 million,  he's not that guy. Hell the $22 million this year isn't warranted but I understand you had to do it.

You certainly can't be convinced that Mixon for Moss and saving a few million in cap space is worth the risk of losing stability in the run game.

Where is the help on the O-line? I pray it's coming.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:59 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: I would have signed Ridley for the $18 a year with the exact same production as Higgins and traded Higgins. 

If I told you we signed Higgins for 4 years 72 million,  would you have been excited?  That's rhetorical.

Huge opportunity missed. 

You can't sign Higgins to $24-27 million,  he's not that guy.

Well...I'm thinking Callahan agrees.
Reply/Quote
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Tee Higgins gets traded, it will be during the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  If Tee Higgins gets traded, it will be during the draft.

And it'll start around the 20th pick( just using 20 for an example) and after IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not a big rush and still a 10 or 15 good offensive tackles unsigned, right? Maybe they're just waiting for the dust to settle and don't want to overpay for a player, which isn't them being cheap but just trying to be smart because no other teams have jumped on them, either.

And they're playing it smart with Reader by not overpaying him coming off injury and letting him test the market. I do agree that they need to get a DT soon.

I'm definitely not panicking yet and glad we're not overpaying for anyone and making any quick decisions.

Depends on what you consider "good," I guess.

I would say not more than a few.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Sheldon Rankins signing has me feeling a lot better, don't know about the rest of ya...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Sheldon Rankins signing has me feeling a lot better, don't know about the rest of ya...

Like an Alka Selzer on a hangover, yeah it works, but it really doesn't do much to cure the core issues..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like an Alka Selzer on a hangover, yeah it works, but it really doesn't do much to cure the core issues..

Yes, need Reader back to help some more. Now that I heard about Trent Brown supposedly quitting on the Pats last year
we might not even want that guy now. I don't know of any other RT options besides what Pulses said in Josh Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This aged poorly.

You’re damn right. And everything in the post you replied to was gibberish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You’re damn right.  And everything in the post you replied to was gibberish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on that, Ridley is 4 years older than Tee and is a worse player and got overpaid and Moss is an upgrade over Mixon in our Offense as
far as what he is good at. Getting another 3-tech in Rankins who is a versatile, better pass rusher than what we currently have is a big upgrade.

It is why I was afraid to side with the negative nancy's it always ends up looking bad. More work to do but they are starting to look bad now.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree on that, Ridley is 4 years older than Tee and is a worse player and got overpaid and Moss is an upgrade over Mixon in our Offense as
far as what he is good at. Getting another 3-tech in Rankins who is a versatile, better pass rusher than what we currently have is a big upgrade.

It is why I was afraid to side with the negative nancy's it always ends up looking bad. More work to do but they are starting to look bad now.

Well you can’t blame them after all the years of appropriate disdain for coaching, front office, and ownership. But they need to realize they’ve done awfully good.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well you can’t blame them after all the years of appropriate disdain for coaching, front office, and ownership. But they need to realize they’ve done awfully good.

Yeah, it is different. This still hasn't been the best FA but it isn't over yet or even close to it.

Today I was questioning the FO and coaches, but they ended bringing in a player I wanted before hand in Rankins.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 05:28 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: I'm confused by what's going on in the front office.

Ridley still sitting out there. You can safely move on from Higgins with a much cheaper option and pretty similar production.

The Mixon for Moss move is simply ridiculous. For that little savings? Good luck having Moss stay healthy. I'm assuming Chase Brown is going to get a healthy bulk of the work. Mixon was a workhorse, one of the emotional leaders of this team and very dependable and consistent.

Joe was good but was paid to be great. Moss as a starter was the best in the league during that span. Mixon has a ton more miles and the fact that someone gave us a 7th is great if we wanna move up. Moss and Brown are a fantastic 1-2 punch imo then nab a jaylen Wright or Dillon Johnson in the draft. Mixon was an emotional
Leader I will give you that but there still was a time when we had to let peko go and Geathers go whitworth (although that still stings) but running backs at his age who are also overpaid nahhh he was a cut candidate for a reason guy blow
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:59 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: I would have signed Ridley for the $18 million a year with the exact same production as Higgins and traded Higgins. 

Huge opportunity missed. 

You can't sign Higgins to $24-27 million,  he's not that guy.  Hell the $22 million this year isn't warranted but I understand you had to do it.

You certainly can't be convinced that Mixon for Moss and saving a few million in cap space is worth the risk of losing stability in the run game.

Where is the help on the O-line? I pray it's coming.

Maybe admit you panicked and jumped the gun. Rankin and Bell just made our defense a lot better. And, we still have money to spend.

Let's revisit this thread after the draft. My hunch is it will not age well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe admit you panicked and jumped the gun. Rankin and Bell just made our defense a lot better. And, we still have money to spend.

Let's revisit this thread after the draft. My hunch is it will not age well.
It usually doesn't when people open up their mouth ahead of time Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is different. This still hasn't been the best FA but it isn't over yet or even close to it.

Today I was questioning the FO and coaches, but they ended bringing in a player I wanted before hand in Rankins.

Now Bell on a team friendly deal. Our FA class is getting better quickly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote