Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need to take the pulse of steeler nation
(02-04-2019, 10:32 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: That’s not an explicit claim of exclusivity, which is what we’re talking about now.   Smirk

Edit: But seriously, his name notwithstanding, go ahead and search this forum for 'six rings' and related terms.  You'll find that the vast majority of mentions of it are either Bengal fans or Steeler fans responding to Bengal fans about it.  

Quote:I was on the edge of my seat in the 49ers-Ravens Super Bowl, hoping against hope that the 49ers wouldn't get their sixth. I'm just numb today

Guess we are going to have a co-member of the "6 club" unfortunately and we will have to hear all about it for the next year. Just nauseating. Simply nauseating. 

Ben and Co need to put their heads down next year and get #7 before Brady does. 

Mellow

You must face the music due to your fellow brethren all over the interwebz.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11802&start=575

Apparently contracts with the CIA. LMAO

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c58754f3568695167b0fad8]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fans of a team with no Super Bowl wins trying to smack a team for being TIED with the most Super Bowl wins?

Damn, this subforum is on the decline.

Look, you go right ahead and shut your damn dirty mouth.  Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:09 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's a bummer, but life goes on.

Here's the thing though: it's a verifiable fact that Bengal fans on this board bring up how we brag about being the only ones with six rings  waaaay more often than we actually do here (this being yet another example).  

So how are you guys handling the fact that you won't be able to pretend that we do that anymore?

Look chief, i don't care what you guys do here--the member that references 6 rings notwithstanding--go check out any steeler forum and count how many times it's brought up. 

That's why i asked the question of "steeler nation" and not "bengals board steelers fans".  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: Steelers versus about the Pats.  

There is no steelers vs patriots.

That's akin to bengals vs steelers. 

Reply/Quote
I don't like the Patriots tying the Steelers for most Super Bowl rings, but the Steelers have crapped the bed the past few years and did it to themselves. Tomlin needs to go, because he has the best team in the NFL on paper for years and have underachieved for years. Bill Belichick has done more with less talent. If Bill was the coach of the Steelers, the Steelers would have at least 10 Super Bowls by now. I guarantee it.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:32 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: That’s not an explicit claim of exclusivity, which is what we’re talking about now.   Smirk

Edit: But seriously, his name notwithstanding, go ahead and search this forum for 'six rings' and related terms.  You'll find that the vast majority of mentions of it are either Bengal fans or Steeler fans responding to Bengal fans about it.  

I've done it sarcastically a few times, so that may bump up the count a little. Surely Brad will count them though. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There is no steelers vs patriots.

That's akin to bengals vs steelers. 

1-0 in the last 1 games.

Yeah baby.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look chief, i don't care what you guys do here--the member that references 6 rings notwithstanding--go check out any steeler forum and count how many times it's brought up. 

That's why i asked the question of "steeler nation" and not "bengals board steelers fans".  Mellow

So your point in creating this thread was to taunt a group of people ... who never visit this forum?  

Brilliant.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:06 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So your point in creating this thread was to taunt a group of people ... who never visit this forum?  

Brilliant.  LOL

No, butthead. You're part of SN and i'm just getting the pulse from those that are in-the-know.  Cool

Reply/Quote
[Image: green-bay-packers-cover-photo-word-champions.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
To be fair this is not the first time steelers fans saw another team tie their precious SB record.
Once upon a time the steelers held the record at 4 SB wins. Dallas and San Fran both came along and tied them at 4, then passed them with 5.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:17 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I don't like the Patriots tying the Steelers for most Super Bowl rings, but the Steelers have crapped the bed the past few years and did it to themselves. Tomlin needs to go, because he has the best team in the NFL on paper for years and have underachieved for years. Bill Belichick has done more with less talent. If Bill was the coach of the Steelers, the Steelers would have at least 10 Super Bowls by now. I guarantee it.

Whoa!  We have a pulse!  In fact this guy seems hotter than if he had his temperature taken with an eleven inch meat thermometer..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:26 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: green-bay-packers-cover-photo-word-champions.jpg]

Even dumbass steeler fans are aware of that, but that's for a different topic.

This is what is being discussed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 06:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, butthead. You're part of SN and i'm just getting the pulse from those that are in-the-know.  Cool

Isn't there another guy on here called "Sixburgh"?

Reply/Quote
"Stooler Dynasty" is so 1970s..... Patriots are now the best team in the Super Bowl era. That's gotta sting for all of those millions of limp wristed towel wavers that live vicariously through those magical times of anabolic steroids abuse. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Isn't there another guy on here called "Sixburgh"?

You know, I think there is, or at least used to be.  I'd guess that he'd likely be applying for a change in screenname, since "six" isn't such a distinguishing figure, anymore..   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, I think there is, or at least used to be.  I'd guess that he'd likely be applying for a change in screenname, since "six" isn't such a distinguishing figure, anymore..   Mellow

He certainly should be.....

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:26 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: green-bay-packers-cover-photo-word-champions.jpg]

Don't start this crap again. We're talking specifically about Super Bowl wins. 

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 06:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, butthead. You're part of SN and i'm just getting the pulse from those that are in-the-know.  Cool

Just because you share a connection with the denizens of Jungle Noise doesn't mean we do the same with our version of it.
Reply/Quote