Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbor Question
Wanted to get a second opinion on his:

I came home from a long weekend and my neighbor decided to put a large raised garden bed in his backyard. Its pretty large and its literally right on the property line. I have a large back patio and its kind of an eye sore.

Anyway, do you guys think I have reason to be upset about it? We are looking to sell our house soon and I just think it may hurt the resell value and I feel as if its kind of ruining our privacy. Now the bed is completely on his property, so there isnt much I can do about it, but a simple heads up may have been nice.

I know its his property and he can do what he wants, it just feels a bit invasive. Thoughts?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wanted to get a second opinion on his:

I came home from a long weekend and my neighbor decided to put a large raised garden bed in his backyard. Its pretty large and its literally right on the property line. I have a large back patio and its kind of an eye sore.

Anyway, do you guys think I have reason to be upset about it? We are looking to sell our house soon and I just think it may hurt the resell value and I feel as if its kind of ruining our privacy. Now the bed is completely on his property, so there isnt much I can do about it, but a simple heads up may have been nice.

I know its his property and he can do what he wants, it just feels a bit invasive. Thoughts?

Good fences make good neighbors.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
HoA.....a necessary evil in times like these haha
Reply/Quote
When you list the house, use "a large community garden adjacent to property" as a selling point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to picture. Usually gardens aren't necessarily an eyesore.

Regardless, a privacy fence would fix the problem.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 05:31 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It's hard for me to picture. Usually gardens aren't necessarily an eyesore.

Regardless, a privacy fence would fix the problem.

Its a raised bed with gravel. The thing sucks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I remember house-hunting about 10 years ago. I met an agent at a house he was showing. As soon as we got out of our cars, the next door neighbor turned on this massive stereo in his garage and walked outside to shout insults at us.

Needless to say, I didn't buy that house.

There have been lawsuits over stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wanted to get a second opinion on his:

Privacy Fence.... then cover it in the ivy.
Reply/Quote
Start fertilizing it...  if you know what I mean. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Vegetable or flower garden?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a large back patio and its kind of an eye sore.

Perhaps you're being too critical of your patio.

As to the neighbor's garden: If that's all you have to worry about with your neighbor's yard, then you are quite lucky. Suck it up buttercup. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Come and talk to me when you have some Mexican neighbors growing corn in their front yard. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 06:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come and talk to me when you have some Mexican neighbors growing corn in their front yard. Mellow

psst.....It's not corn. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: psst.....It's not corn. 

No no. They grow that in the back yard. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 06:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come and talk to me when you have some Mexican neighbors growing corn in their front yard. Mellow

Are you sure it's not Johnson Grass?

Johnson Grass is a weed that when fully grown, kind of looks like Corn but is a little shorter and has a thinner stalk. It's a real ***** to cut too, you will need an industrial weed eater or a lot of time and patience with a regular store bought homeowners one.

When Johnson Grass is in a field by itself, it's pretty cool to watch as the wind blows through but it can and will take over a yard quick.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 08:34 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Are you sure it's not Johnson Grass?

Johnson Grass is a weed that when fully grown, kind of looks like Corn but is a little shorter and has a thinner stalk. It's a real ***** to cut too, you will need an industrial weed eater or a lot of time and patience with a regular store bought homeowners one.

When Johnson Grass is in a field by itself, it's pretty cool to watch as the wind blows through but it can and will take over a yard quick.

Stalks of corn. Six of them, right in front of the window, ten feet from the sidewalk. 

Six freaking stalks

They're gone now. I think the city told them it was a no-no. 

Reply/Quote
Nothing a nightly dose of Round Up won't fix.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 08:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stalks of corn. Six of them, right in front of the window, ten feet from the sidewalk. 

Six freaking stalks

They're gone now. I think the city told them it was a no-no. 

LOL, I'm sorry to laugh but it is rather funny.

At least they're gone now though. Maybe we can take bets on what they'll grow next year, lol.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 09:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: LOL, I'm sorry to laugh but it is rather funny.

At least they're gone now though. Maybe we can take bets on what they'll grow next year, lol.

Oh, i laughed when i first saw it too. Then i'd just snicker and shake my head. 

I think it's all good now. They got it straightened out. 

[Image: roses_zpsvdlux2in.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Back when I lived in Ohio, I was called to appraise a house up just outside of St. Marys. This guy had built his own pond next to his house. Right next to it. As in, three feet of one of the corners of foundation hung over the pond. Dude could fish right from his bed in the bedroom.
Reply/Quote