Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerves
Anyone else out there just tied up in knots about this game?
Everyone I know keeps asking me where I'm going to watch the game.
Honestly, I don't even know myself. Probably be safest watching it alone. Part of me wants to just drive far out into the country and just turn on AM radio and shake my fists at the sky.

I'll likely cry like a baby if they win or be madder a hornet if they lose. Not sure why I care so much but I just do.

Only 1 day away now....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I'm a wreck.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I’m nice and calm. Very weird feeling. Been like that all playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm in LA right now... just trying to enjoy the moment as best as I can. Everyone keeps telling me it's a once in a lifetime experience so I'm trying to make the best of it!

I'm sure the nerves will hit once I get into SoFi
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:53 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm in LA right now... just trying to enjoy the moment as best as I can.  Everyone keeps telling me it's a once in a lifetime experience so I'm trying to make the best of it!

While I'm decidedly not in LA, this is the way.

We never know if/when the Bengals will be in the Superbowl again. I'm just enjoying the ride at this point.
Reply/Quote
i'm quite calm right now. I was calm during Superbowl XXIII until Krumrie broke his leg. i was a little 10 year old bundle of nerves for Superbowl XVI and the freezer bowl though. I imagine when Sunday evening rolls around the 'ol blood will start pumpin' pretty good in the 'ol ticker.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:53 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm in LA right now... just trying to enjoy the moment as best as I can.  Everyone keeps telling me it's a once in a lifetime experience so I'm trying to make the best of it!

Enjoy yourself and have fun! Remember that just like Burrow and the Bengals, you're there to make some noise!  Bring it on home for the "QueenCity" QueenCity!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:52 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m nice and calm. Very weird feeling. Been like that all playoffs.

I’ve been like that, too.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Not at all nervous. Just really excited I get to watch my team play in the Super Bowl. I was VERY nervous for Raiders game but less nervous each subsequent game because no one expected us to be here. We are though and now we (and Rams) get to be the focus of the football world so I will just soak up every minute.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, once we made it past the Raiders it has been kind of surreal. It's so far beyond expectations that I've been able to just go for the ride and enjoy it. I'm sure on Sunday at game time I'll be tied in knots.
Reply/Quote
Don't get me started. I'm 58 and in poor health. Garage, nap, garage, nap...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:52 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m nice and calm. Very weird feeling. Been like that all playoffs.

Same here. The raider game was a little anxiety but it's been smooth sailing after that... I was more nervous when they were playing KC trying to get into the playoffs...
Reply/Quote
Nah nervous as hell. Was nervous on the day Raiders game but after that monkey off the back it was all sweet sailing. Nerves a bit before each game but this one, think it’s the longer wait for it, is kicking in big time now.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:43 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone else out there just tied up in knots about this game?
Everyone I know keeps asking me where I'm going to watch the game.
Honestly, I don't even know myself.  Probably be safest watching it alone.  Part of me wants to just drive far out into the country and just turn on AM radio and shake my fists at the sky.  

I'll likely cry like a baby if they win or be madder a hornet if they lose.   Not sure why I care so much but I just do.

Only 1 day away now....

Be calm, cool and collected like Joe.
Reply/Quote
Very nervous. Can't work. Keep checking Jungle Noise, which isn't up to its usual quality, perhaps because so many influential posters are in Los Angeles.

Here's what I keep thinking. If they don't win this year, then that will be three losses without a win. (All of which I have seen.). That would mean pressure all next year to get back here and then, if they finally do, the pressure of hearing that the Bengals could tie a record with the Bills and Vikings for most appearances without a win.

And I keep thinking I'm old and might never see a win in my lifetime.

And I remember the horrible feeling from the last two losses and don't want that feeling again. I want instead to feel victory and a joyful offseason and rest of my life about this stunningly amazing year. I want to watch the playoff victories and Super Bowl victory over and over all off season, rather than want nothing to do with football because of how much a loss will hurt.
Reply/Quote
Not really nervous, I've enjoyed this week- at least for the most part. Thought it would be a good idea to watch the 1989 game... it was a brutal idea! Highly don't recommend. It just puts you in the wrong frame of mind. But we've got a chance to right that wrong on Sunday and I'm looking forward to it like nobody's business. (Btw, Ickey was a freakin' BEAST. Win or lose, it was so fun growing up with that Sherman Tank in the backfield.)

I've also been digging up some old annual previews. The oldest one I've got is for 1991, coming off of our last playoff win. It's such a trip to read about that team now and how they were planning to revert to their "recent Super Bowl form" lol.

Again, everything comes full circle on Sunday and I'm stoked.

1990-fulcher
Reply/Quote
Let's be like Joe. Calm, but steely eyed and fearless.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Not at all nervous. Just really excited I get to watch my team play in the Super Bowl. I was VERY nervous for Raiders game but less nervous each subsequent game because no one expected us to be here. We are though and now we (and Rams) get to be the focus of the football world so I will just soak up every minute.

Ditto this.  After the first playoff win it was like a huge weight being lifted after 30+ years.  Everything else has been icing and I am in this state of disbelief mixed with a calm joy (proud).  I really like watching this team.  Fun.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Not at all nervous. Been there done that, twice in 81' and 88'.

I am glad that it is not the 49er's we are playing for the third time then I might be nervous about the curse of Bill Walsh. Nervous
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've been so calm all post season. I was more of a wreck during the regular season. I think I'm feeding off Burrow's confidence. If I had to describe my emotions with one word, it would be "weird".
Reply/Quote