Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerves
(02-12-2022, 12:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Why are you insulting everyone on the board?

And why are you defending a view without giving any evidence for your view?

Because it's a trillion times more interesting than Joe Boring Burrow?  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nervous and I badly want them to win, but I will not be mad if they don't. We'll upgrade the line and be back next year. This team is so far ahead of schedule with a year 2 QB
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nervous and I badly want them to win, but I will not be mad if they don't. We'll upgrade the line and be back next year. This team is so far ahead of schedule with a year 2 QB
Amen! I'm slightly nervous, but not nearly as nervous as I probably should be.. I'm more nervous about wanting a cigarette by half time than how the game goes..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not at all nervous. I'm just looking forward to watching the game with my friends, eating good food an having a good time. Of course I want the Bengals to win and I'll be thrilled if they do. But if they lose it has been a hell of a season with results I never expected. Then I'll start looking forward to next year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Not at all nervous. Just really excited I get to watch my team play in the Super Bowl. I was VERY nervous for Raiders game but less nervous each subsequent game because no one expected us to be here. We are though and now we (and Rams) get to be the focus of the football world so I will just soak up every minute.

This is me.  Screamed like crazy at the end of Raiders game.  Calmer each subsequent game.  I guess playing with "house money" has that effect.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:03 PM)Alice Wrote: Is my voice to tell you all:  Rams are not that. 

How do you know this?
You have inside access to the locker room?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:27 AM)Alice Wrote: The Rams did not mortgage their future for this season.

All of your statement is untrue. 

You have not countered any of the concrete information provided. The Rams traded a 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller, a 10-month rental. They traded two 1st and a 4th for a corner. 

No one has stated that what the Rams have done is not the way to go. No one knows. It may become the way of the NFL. But the media view that the Rams have gone all in by mortgaging their future is rather obvious. The Rams went all in by trading future assets for this year. They accumulated a lot of top talent. So, yes, excuse me, but the Rams needed to be in the Super Bowl this year. The Bengals are the surprise story and the underdog.

Look at the Rams draft for 2022 and don't tell me they didn't mortgage their future for NOW (and other future picks, including first also have been traded away)
  • Round 1: Traded to the Lions
  • Round 2: Traded to the Broncos
  • Round 3: Traded to the Broncos; own a compensatory pick via Brad Holmes hire
  • Round 4: Traded to the Texans
  • Round 5: Own
  • Round 6: Traded to the Patriots
  • Round 7: Own plus the Dolphins’ pick
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:03 PM)Alice Wrote: I am saying what I think here directly because I have seen like 20 posts saying Rams are nothing more than hot shot players put together.

Is my voice to tell you all:  Rams are not that. 

Thank you for the opportunity to do so.  

I think the problem is, you don't understand the meaning of the term 'mortgage your future'. 

The Bengals team was built through the draft and by signing mostly free agents that filled a need but weren't established, productive veterans. They haven't traded or given away any of their future (draft picks) building this way and their salary cap is very manageable for the next several years. 

The Rams team was built through free agency and trades by acquiring higher priced, well known players while giving away a bunch of 1st and 2nd round draft picks. They are built to "win now" and will have to figure a lot out in the next few years if they don't win this year.

They're both "teams" that have been put together for the same purpose--win a championship, but did it in completely different ways.

Don't get upset or defensive by what i'm writing because i'm not saying you're wrong and i'm right. What i'm saying is the Rams decided that "we are going all in for a SB right now and we will worry about next year, next year". The Bengals decided "we are going to build a team the traditional way and allow our young players to develop over the years and we will add pieces here and there". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:43 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone else out there just tied up in knots about this game?
Everyone I know keeps asking me where I'm going to watch the game.
Honestly, I don't even know myself.  Probably be safest watching it alone.  Part of me wants to just drive far out into the country and just turn on AM radio and shake my fists at the sky.  

I'll likely cry like a baby if they win or be madder a hornet if they lose.   Not sure why I care so much but I just do.

Only 1 day away now....

It's weird.  Between wanting to wrap my senior in HS son in bubble wrap to avoid covid, or injury, before the HS District and State swim meets and the Bengals in the Super Bowl, I have been very anxious.  Waking up a lot and having trouble falling back asleep.  Work has its share of my brain, too.

However, this AM I realized I slept in later than I have in probably a decade.  My dog was looking at me like, "WTF Dad?  I usually eat at 6-6:30?  Me HUNGRY!".

I got my coffee and did some work and then jumped on here.  I have a calm over me I can't explain.  I have a REALLY good feeling about this game.  Sure, I think it will be close and the Bengals won't be blowing anyone out (love to be wrong on that one), but I have a really positive feeling. 

Why?  Well, everyone has been saying nothing but "The Rams defense will kill Burrow behind that line".  I get it.  Theirs is best, and ours is one of the worst.  And maybe in a normal game, that would be the case.  But the guys have had two weeks to come up with a scheme, and I think the human nature of it all, the line won't let Joe and company down.  The went from 9 sacks against the Titans to just one against the Chiefs.  Joe is seeing a defense not unlike the Titans for the second time.  He is ALWAYS tougher the second time. 

I also think the Bengals defense is being horribly overlooked.  Sure, Kupp had an amazing season, and they have talent, but I think the big difference between the teams is the drop off from their stars to their "other guys".  Where are the Bengals weak on defense?  The answer is nowhere.  The Rams, though, have a questionable secondary outside of Ramsey and they have to rely on the pass rush to help them.  

I think the match favors the Bengals.  Joe Burrow in a big game?  Yes, please.  

Who Dey, my friends.   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Not at all nervous.  I'm just looking forward to watching the game with my friends, eating good food an having a good time.   Of course I want the Bengals to win and I'll be thrilled if they do.  But if they lose it has been a hell of a season with results I never expected.  Then I'll start looking forward to next year.

Yep. I have all the decorations and food ready. Gonna turn the living room Super Bowl orange and black tomorrow, cook up a big ole pot of chili, gonna fry up some goetta sliders and have other snacks with plenty of "brewskis" chilled and ready. We're having some friends over and i'm going to completely enjoy the atmosphere and experience win or lose. 

P.S. I even (secretly) have a can of silly string ready for when they win. Everyone gets doused. SHHHHHHHHH!! Don't tell anyone!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:28 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Ever since the Pratt interception against the Raiders I’ve felt like Peter from Office Space after the hypnosis. No nerves here.

Great analogy!  And if you think about it, why shouldn't we feel this way?  The TEAM has such a belief in their QB and that their coaches will put in a good game plan that they are calm and relaxed.  I mean, the Titans in Nashville coming off a bye with Derek Henry back?  Win.  The Chiefs at Arrowhead?  Win.  This team just seems to have that confidence that Championship teams always seem to have, and I actually like that they aren't favored or getting too much credit....all about Tannehill sucking and Mahommes having an off game.  

This team is hungry and confident.  It is SUCH a different feeling whenever I see Burrow **** his arm back.  I used to cringe when Dalton did it and almost not want to look to see if it was a catch.  That isn't fair to Dalton, but in big moments, it always gave me PTSD.  When Burrow cocks his arm, I think "he's got someone" and I am so confident it will be a completion.  

You nailed it with Peter from Office Space...now, if I could shut off the rest of my brain (my son, my job, etc), I am sure I could enjoy the ride even more.  But, oddly, as many have said, I am not nervous about the game.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I have all the decorations and food ready. Gonna turn the living room Super Bowl orange and black tomorrow, cook up a big ole pot of chili, gonna fry up some goetta sliders and have other snacks with plenty of "brewskis" chilled and ready. We're having some friends over and i'm going to completely enjoy the atmosphere and experience win or lose. 

P.S. I even (secretly) have a can of silly string ready for when they win. Everyone gets doused. SHHHHHHHHH!! Don't tell anyone!

I didn't think about this until now for some reason but I was not old enough to drink during the last Bengal's Super Bowls.   So having a few during this one will make it a bit more fun.  One of my guests will probably already be drunk before the game even starts.  But he's a funny drunk and not an obnoxious drunk so that should add to the entertainment.  :)

I don't have any fun things to do if they win. I might go to the store and steal your silly string idea.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I have all the decorations and food ready. Gonna turn the living room Super Bowl orange and black tomorrow, cook up a big ole pot of chili, gonna fry up some goetta sliders and have other snacks with plenty of "brewskis" chilled and ready. We're having some friends over and i'm going to completely enjoy the atmosphere and experience win or lose. 

Yeah, my parents and sister are coming over (was my parents' year to host, but I'm not leaving my house for a Bengals game lol), my dad is making chili (which is PHENOMENAL), my wife and I are making wings, I'm making a pizza for halftime and nachos (not a lot) for all of us to nibble on during the game, plus my mom is making a MASSIVE Caesar Salad. I'll probably also make my, "summer," salad (minced tomato, cucumber, ataulfo mango, avocado and tomatillo {better when roasted, but I'm out of propane Sad}, with olive oil, lime juice and salt & pepper), as it is nice and light and the acid/citrus helps balance out all the heat/carbs we're having.

My wife is making Cupcakes with the B and the Tiger Head in icing and we're all hoping for a Bengals win (even though my father and sister are Cowboys fans and my mom doesn't know anything about football LOL

I haven't had pop since November, so if we win, I have saved a Pepsi Classic in my fridge, for the past 5 months LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote