Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous? Not Joe
What else is he supposed to say? Listen, I'm all aboard the Burrow train. If he's half as good as he's hyped to be on here, he'll be amazing. I'm just being cautiously optimistic with it. I think a lot of people are giving him way too much credit. He's a rookie and he'll make mistakes. Let's not build him up too much to where people are shitting all over him when it does go south.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cherry picking from a thread back in May Fred?

I already showed you the numbers that his efficiency increased when under pressure. Of course the talent of his O-line matters, but the point remains, he is good under pressure and that alleviates some concern there.

Anything else from back in early summer you’d like to dig up?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 02:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cherry picking from a thread back in May Fred?

I already showed you the numbers that his efficiency increased when under pressure. Of course the talent of his O-line matters, but the point remains, he is good under pressure and that alleviates some concern there.

Anything else from back in early summer you’d like to dig up?

Isn’t that against the CoC...

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 02:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Of course the talent of his O-line matters,

I am guessing that you want it as bad as possible since Burrow is better under pressure than when not.

I just hope opposing teams don't figure this out and tell their D-line to not even try to rush the QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tell that to this guy

See, It does not even matter how good the O-line is in front of Burrow.

Still stand by what I said. LSU's O-line was not great in pass protection. They were a great run blocking O-line.

Burrow will need good blocking no question.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 02:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Isn’t that against the CoC...

I am getting called a liar and a troll by people who claim these comments were never made.

What does the CoC say about that?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still stand by what I said. 

Burrow will need good blocking no question.

How is that "standing behind" this comment . .   "that O-line was not good in pass protection which is why I think Burrow will do just fine here."
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How is that "standing behind" this comment .  .    "that O-line was not good in pass protection which is why I think Burrow will do just fine here."

I still stand by that and hope our pass protection is better than LSU's.

Burrow was getting hit constantly last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am guessing that you want it as bad as possible since Burrow is better under pressure than when not.

I just hope opposing teams don't figure this out and tell their D-line to not even try to rush the QB.

I have always defended you in saying that LSUs Oline is indeed very good. However I’ve also noted that Joe B does well under pressure and that helped the LSU lines performance.

Idk how you extrapolated what I said into “Joe Burrow doesn’t need an Oline”... the simple point was that the kid does well under pressure which is a great trait to have here with the current Oline we have.

The quote you dug up from May was poorly worded on my part, all I was getting at was that Joe B does well when things break down so even tho LSU had a great Oline the stats say Joe performed well even when they had an off play.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am getting called a liar and a troll by people who claim these comments were never made.

What does the CoC say about that?

That’s not cool either. You’re a contrarian and a cherry picker, but you’re not those other things. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  You’re a contrarian 

I agree with a committee of experts who played or coached O-line in college and you agree with a handful of BurroBoys who never set foot on a college football field.

So who is the contrarian?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with a committee of experts who played or coached O-line in college and you agree with a handful of BurroBoys who never set foot on a college football field.

And he cherry picks again lol
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow's grandfather cured Polio.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with a committee of experts who played or coached O-line in college and you agree with a handful of BurroBoys who never set foot on a college football field.

Yeah, those awards are infallible. I wonder if Billy Price sits his Rimington next to him on the bench during the games he’s not playing in...

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, those awards are infallible. I wonder if Billy Price sits his Rimington next to him on the bench during the games he’s not playing in...

That left a mark..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't get this narrative. No, Burrow doesn't have a cannon, but his arm is not "weak" or "questionable". I remember in the game against Trevor Lawrence's team (I don't regularly watch CFB, so I don't remember what team he plays for). It was the 3rd drive in the game. First 2 drives were basically 3-and-outs. It looked like LSU's offense was going to struggle. I believe it was 3rd down and LSU was backed up against their end zone. The ball is snapped. Burrow is almost immediately pressured and is flushed out of the pocket; he rolled to his right, evades a tackler and launches a pass that travels like 40-50 yards in the air and lands perfectly in the hands of his receiver in stride.

That's not the sign of a weak arm. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying that if there is any question about Burrow it's his arm strength.  I think it's fine, but it's not the big time NFL arm you see scouts hyping up.  And my perspective on his arm comes from a few of the smaller games this past season in which he was able to get away with not being able to blast it 60 yards down field.  It's quite possible that he just never tried to hit  50/50 deep bombs in the big games unless he knew his guy was gonna get open.  

I'm just trying to see it without tinted glasses, because truth be told, I think Burrow is going to have success wherever he goes.  He's got the mentality, he's got the accuracy, he can keep plays alive, he's a workaholic.  I just see a lot of people (admittedly, mostly LSU fans) thinking he is going to come in an rock the world.  And he definitely might, but I think he is going to take some lumps.  I'm excited to see him progress.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And he cherry picks again lol

I agree with the NFL free market that said Vigil was more valuable than Bynes.

I agree with the NFL front offices in Tennessee and Dallas who said Su'a-Filo was not starter quality and the NFL free market that said he was less valuable than Jon Miller.

And before you start accusing me of having a crush on Vigil and Miller I will repeat that I have no problem with either one of them being replaced.  I just wish we had signed upgrades instead of cheaper replacements.

I shouldn't be called a "troll" just because I don't buy into all the groupthink around here.
Reply/Quote
Herbert has an absolute canon, but Joe and Tua still went ahead of him. I keep hearing Joe throws a “very catchable ball” coming out of camp.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:58 PM)odysseus32 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm saying that if there is any question about Burrow it's his arm strength.  I think it's fine, but it's not the big time NFL arm you see scouts hyping up.  And my perspective on his arm comes from a few of the smaller games this past season in which he was able to get away with not being able to blast it 60 yards down field.  It's quite possible that he just never tried to hit  50/50 deep bombs in the big games unless he knew his guy was gonna get open.  

I'm just trying to see it without tinted glasses, because truth be told, I think Burrow is going to have success wherever he goes.  He's got the mentality, he's got the accuracy, he can keep plays alive, he's a workaholic.  I just see a lot of people (admittedly, mostly LSU fans) thinking he is going to come in an rock the world.  And he definitely might, but I think he is going to take some lumps.  I'm excited to see him progress.

I agree with everything you say.

The problem with most of the people around here is that they never even heard of Burrow before 2019.  But, like you, I saw him play in 2018.  No one was raving about his superhuman swagger back then.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with the NFL free market that said Vigil was more valuable than Bynes.

I agree with the NFL front offices in Tennessee and Dallas who said Su'a-Filo was not starter quality and the NFL free market that said he was less valuable than Jon Miller.

And before you start accusing me of having a crush on Vigil and Miller I will repeat that I have no problem with either one of them being replaced.  I just wish we had signed upgrades instead of cheaper replacements.

I shouldn't be called a "troll" just because I don't buy into all the groupthink around here.

Do you agree with the NYG that Bobby Hart was not worth keeping even on a terrible OL?

Reply/Quote