Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous about the Bills
Our O line still is woeful and the Bills have a very good front 4. They also just beat a very good Atlanta team. Anyone else nervous about this game?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Feel better about it now than I did four hours ago, but, yeah, it aint gonna be easy. We'll need everyone's A game and to get a few breaks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our O line still is woeful and the Bills have a very good front 4. They also just beat a very good Atlanta team. Anyone else nervous about this game?

Im not worried. At this point, we are either going to answer or not. I guess we don't have to wait till a playoff game this year to see what we are made of. Our lone win was against the Browns. I take little pride in that other than to put 1 win in the column that should contain 4. As long as we have Marvin, we are always going to fall short. Yet, lately, we are falling waaaaaaay short! He can't even stimulate us anymore.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As bad as things have been, the Bengals are only 9 points away from having a winning record. This is very common in the Marvin era. Winning and losing seasons have always been close for the most part with a blowout win/loss here and there mixed in.

We let off the throttle again on the Browns but lucky for us it came a little later in the third quarter and they aren't a good team.

If we do that against the Bills we most likely won't win.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:22 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: As bad as things have been, the Bengals are only 9 points away from having a winning record. This is very common in the Marvin era. Winning and losing seasons have always been close for the most part with a blowout win/loss here and there mixed in.

We let off the throttle again on the Browns but lucky for us it came a little later in the third quarter and they aren't a good team.

Without a doubt. We pull that shit on the Bills? We lose!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Without a doubt. We pull that shit on the Bills? We lose!

+1.

You better believe it. The Atlanta Falcons were just a little off today and Buffalo made them pay.
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried. I think we have the best defense in the league, especially with Burfict back. If it's going to be a defensive game I think we win. Plus I think our offense is better than theirs. It will probably be a low scoring game, but we get our first home win of the season next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our O line still is woeful and the Bills have a very good front 4. They also just beat a very good Atlanta team. Anyone else nervous about this game?

To beat the Bills we'll have to play way better than we have so far. Make no mistake with this O-line wins are gonna be few are far between this season I'm afraid.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:22 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: As bad as things have been, the Bengals are only 9 points away from having a winning record. This is very common in the Marvin era. Winning and losing seasons have always been close for the most part with a blowout win/loss here and there mixed in.

That's the NFL though. Teams don't typically beat each other by 20 points a game.

The Bills defense is really good. Their offense, not so much. But they do have McCoy.
Reply/Quote
What's there to be nervous about, this team has a low chance of making the playoffs as constructed, based on current record, based on history, and likely a 0% chance of winning a playoff game this year - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we had a great offensive line we'd be blowing everyone out, but we don't so we won't. 
Bills are gonna eat the Oline for lunch..
On the bright side the 2018 draft is only 209 days away. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Im more nervous about Mike Brown resigning Lewis after the Bengals first win Ninja
Reply/Quote
We’re 1-3. They are 3-1. I guess we should be nervous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 09:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Im more nervous about Mike Brown resigning Lewis after the Bengals first win Ninja

Although your being funny? Damn, it's a concern.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although your being funny? Damn, it's a concern.

It's a nervous laugh...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: It's a nervous laugh...

After Buffalo pushes our shit in next week and we head into the BYE at 1-4, Mike will not be a happy man.

Now if we pulverize the Bills, THEN I'll be concerned about what Mike's thinking over the BYE. I wouldn't be shocked if Marv is given his extension over the BYE to "relieve the pressure of a lame duck season so Lewis and the team can make a real push for the playoffs".  Nervous
Reply/Quote
There is only one team left undefeated and they have yet to play this week.

May be no undefeated teams left after week 4.

So parity is alive in NFL this year. So we got a good chance.

Yet we all know that it will be tough with our OL.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm letting myself sip a little kool-aid here, but with the offensive turnaround and how well our defense is playing, I could see us going on a streak to get close to playoff contention. This team isn't quitting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Bills did beat a good Falcon team barely. A team without Jones and Sanu so may had a lot to do with it. Our defense is better than their defense and our offense is better than theirs so no not worried at all really.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote