Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Nancy
Wanted to get the opinion of my centralist (maybe slightly leaning to the Left) friends views on the movement to possibly block/challenge Pelosi from/for speaker

https://www.westernjournal.com/never-nancy-movement-grows-among-dems-speakership-jeopardy/

I see my man Seth Moulton is part of the block. I hope he ventures to challenge the Queen.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
She’s what the left needs right now, and anyone who thinks that republicans won’t baselessly attack someone else if they aren’t Nancy are just as gullible as those that think trump cares about vets

Sounds like trump and republicans just don’t like her because she is a strong woman who doesn’t let herself be pushed around, and we should t let republicans dictate who is the majority leader
People suck
(11-15-2018, 06:50 PM)Griever Wrote: She’s what the left needs right now, and anyone who thinks that republicans won’t baselessly attack someone else if they aren’t Nancy are just as gullible as those that think trump cares about vets

Sounds like trump and republicans just don’t like her because she is a strong woman who doesn’t let herself be pushed around, and we should t let republicans dictate who is the majority leader

You do realize the Dems will make the call not the GOP

She is on shaky ground with some Dems. It was an issue in some campaigns.
I have mixed feelings. Nancy is perceived within the party as pretty centrist on the political spectrum; it's one of the reasons she is receiving so much push right now. The other reasons include he being a part of the old guard, and her being used so much as a foil by the GOP that there are fears she will be ineffective. I don't disagree that her being used as a foil could be distracting and that it may be time to get some new blood in leadership. However, the reason she is a foil is because she is good at what she does. Her time in the spotlight has made her unpopular outside of her main constituencies and that is problematic in the politics game.

It's tough, because she can be a boon and a burden at the same time, and I don't know which direction we should go with that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-15-2018, 07:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She is on shaky ground with some Dems. It was an issue in some campaigns.

It's mainly because one of the main GOP campaign tactics was to tie every Democrat they could to Nancy Pelosi. Even Democrats that hadn't been in office and said they wouldn't vote for her as Speaker, they tried it. I'm looking at you David Brat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I've heard the reason some Dems are remiss to oppose her is that she is great at raising money.

I just don’t think she fits the direction the party is heading with younger, more progressive voters. Secondly, she’s been the Speaker once, I’m fine with somebody else getting a turn.

She has said herself that she raises the most money so that qualifies her to be the Speaker. I think that is a ridiculous reason for somebody to be a leader.
(11-15-2018, 06:50 PM)Griever Wrote: She’s what the left needs right now, and anyone who thinks that republicans won’t baselessly attack someone else if they aren’t Nancy are just as gullible as those that think trump cares about vets

Because they’ve been so complimentary of the previous ones? The speaker is always lambasted by the opposition. But kudos for lib talking points 101.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

The worst part will be if the Democrats get stupid about this and end up giving the Republicans the Speakership with the minority.

(11-15-2018, 09:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The worst part will be if the Democrats get stupid about this and end up giving the Republicans the Speakership with the minority.

Never. Nobody will let that happen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-15-2018, 09:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Never. Nobody will let that happen.

Have you met the Democratic party? They are very bad at politics. Great at governing. Terrible at politics.

A change could be good if there is a consensus...and if the new leader is as good.

But no matter who it is Trump will say they are weak on the border and crime and want to take away health benefits and every Democrat candidate is beholden to them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-15-2018, 09:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Have you met the Democratic party? They are very bad at politics. Great at governing. Terrible at politics.

Great at governing would be an opinion, but this is internal politics and they aren’t losing The speakership. I don’t mean internal like primary internal. This is politicking amongst themselves.

If Pelosi makes the right-wing the angriest, she's the right choice.
(11-15-2018, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Pelosi makes the right-wing the angriest, she's the right choice.

As a "right-winger" I hope many more have this same point of view. 

(11-15-2018, 09:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I just don’t think she fits the direction the party is heading with younger, more progressive voters. Secondly, she’s been the Speaker once, I’m fine with somebody else getting a turn.

She has said herself that she raises the most money so that qualifies her to be the Speaker. I think that is a ridiculous reason for somebody to be a leader.

Agreed on all three points.

It was interesting during the last local election as many pacs and gop candidates tied local races to pelosi. I understood Clinton and Obama, but local offices compared to a lawmaker in California seemed silly. It worked, though, as most of the gop candidates in my area won, despite raising taxes on folks locally and in the state. Amazing.

That's funny, because the POTUS endorsed her, and said she deserves the job.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-15-2018, 11:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's funny, because the POTUS endorsed her, and said she deserves the job.

LMAO!

Yeah...I bet he was totally being sincere.  Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Please no. F the Washington establishment.

It kills me everybody bitches about politics yet the same shitheads keep getting office.

Best way to get trump reelected is to give him a clip full of pelosi ammo