Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never forget the Bowling Green Massacre
(02-03-2017, 01:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We read about it. We watched it. It became a part of us .

When i have to drive that way, I drive around it.  It still hurts too much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
#BowlingGreenStrong
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

He* sure does know more than the generals.
(02-03-2017, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ghost Mexicans.

And they voted too.

Mellow

We have to 'ghost-proof' that dam wall now?!?!
How much is that gonna cost us... er, I mean, them?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Maybe she was thinking about the Civil War battle that never happened on the Trump golf course?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html?_r=3&referer=http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html?_r=2&referer=

Quote:When Donald J. Trump bought a fixer-upper golf club on Lowes Island here for $13 million in 2009, he poured millions more into reconfiguring its two courses. He angered conservationists by chopping down more than 400 trees to open up views of the Potomac River. And he shocked no one by renaming the club after himself.

But that wasn’t enough. Mr. Trump also upgraded its place in history.

Between the 14th hole and the 15th tee of one of the club’s two courses, Mr. Trump installed a flagpole on a stone pedestal overlooking the Potomac, to which he affixed a plaque purportedly designating “The River of Blood.”

“Many great American soldiers, both of the North and South, died at this spot,” the inscription reads. “The casualties were so great that the water would turn red and thus became known as ‘The River of Blood.’ ”

The inscription, beneath his family crest and above Mr. Trump’s full name, concludes: “It is my great honor to have preserved this important section of the Potomac River!”

Like many of Mr. Trump’s claims, the inscription was evidently not fact-checked.

“No. Uh-uh. No way. Nothing like that ever happened there,” said Richard Gillespie, the executive director of the Mosby Heritage Area Association, a historical preservation and education group devoted to an 1,800-square-mile section of the Northern Virginia Piedmont, including the Lowes Island site.

“The only thing that was remotely close to that,” Mr. Gillespie said, was 11 miles up the river at the Battle of Ball’s Bluff in 1861, a rout of Union forces in which several hundred were killed. “The River of Blood?” he added. “Nope, not there.”

Mr. Gillespie’s contradiction of the plaque’s account was seconded by Alana Blumenthal, the curator of the Loudoun Museum in nearby Leesburg. (A third local expert, who said he had written to Mr. Trump’s company about the inscription’s falsehoods and offered to provide historically valid replacement text, insisted on anonymity because he did not want to cross the Trump Organization by disclosing a private exchange.)

Photo
[Image: 25TRUMPGOLFweb2-master675.jpg]
Between the 14th hole and the 15th tee of one of the club’s two courses, Mr. Trump installed a flagpole on a stone pedestal overlooking the Potomac, to which he affixed a plaque purportedly marking “The River of Blood."

In a phone interview, Mr. Trump called himself a “a big history fan” but deflected, played down and then simply disputed the local historians’ assertions of historical fact.

“That was a prime site for river crossings,” Mr. Trump said. “So, if people are crossing the river, and you happen to be in a civil war, I would say that people were shot — a lot of them.”

The club does indeed lie a stone’s throw from Rowser’s Ford, where, as an official historical marker notes, Gen. J. E. B. Stuart led 5,000 Confederate troops including cavalry across the Potomac en route to the Battle of Gettysburg.
[/url]
But no one died in that crossing, historians said, or in any other notable Civil War engagement on the spot.

“How would they know that?” Mr. Trump asked when told that local historians had called his plaque a fiction. “Were they there?”

Mr. Trump repeatedly said that “numerous historians” had told him that the golf club site was known as the River of Blood. But he said he did not remember their names.
[url=https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/presidential-candidates-dashboard.html]

Then he said the historians had spoken not to him but to “my people.” But he refused to identify any underlings who might still possess the historians’ names.

“Write your story the way you want to write it,” Mr. Trump said finally, when pressed unsuccessfully for anything that could corroborate his claim. “You don’t have to talk to anybody. It doesn’t make any difference. But many people were shot. It makes sense.”

In its small way, the plaque bears out Mr. Trump’s reputation for being preoccupied with grandeur, superlatives and his own name, but less so with verifiable facts, even when his audience is relatively small.

Members of what he renamed the Trump National Golf Club, and some former employees, said the plaque generally drew laughter or eye-rolls, much as when Mr. Trump periodically descends from his helicopter to walk one course or the other.

One member, a former history professor and a co-author of four Civil War novels, called the monument merely “strange.”

Much more important, he said, were the much-needed renovations Mr. Trump made to the golf courses.

“I am not going to lead a demonstration over this,” said the member, Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker. “It’s a country club with a golf course, for Pete’s sake.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
5d chess. MSM now covering Al Queda's history of sending combatants to the US as fake refugees. All they had to do was check the box that said they aren't terrorists. It's like someone wrote a manual about using tactics to get yourself the best deals by treating it like an art and everyone in the Trump administration has read it. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-the-bowling-green-massacre

Quote:HOW TO TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT THE BOWLING GREEN MASSACRE

ELIZABETH MILLER COYNE

‘‘President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre. Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.’’ — Kellyanne Conway, February 2, 2017
- - -
As the sun rises on the somber anniversary of the tragic Bowling Green Massacre, many anxious parents awaken with sadness in their hearts, ache in their souls, and dread in their bones as they struggle to answer, “What do I say to my children this morning?”

Parents should know that they are not alone in their worries, and their memory loss around the event is completely normal due to its traumatic impact and alternative facts. There are many others facing the same tough questions and lack of recall, especially the valiant families of Bowling Green who braved the media spotlight for perhaps weeks on end. They supported one another and forged cross-community bonds by organizing get-to-know-you meet-and-greets and discussion-oriented potlucks — all the while vowing never to not forget. Seeing parents model these compassionate behaviors helped children deal with their own feelings, including memory blackouts, fear, safety, and understanding.

With that in mind, here’s a simple plan for discussing the Bowling Green Massacre with your children in an age-appropriate manner.

1. Tell your children how you feel. Let them know you are also affected by the anniversary of the massacre. It’s OK to show them that you think you remember being sad.

2. Show them that others are also affected. Look for stories in the news and the fake news about how people are feeling about the day. This lets them know they are not alone.

3. Suggest they look to their helpers: teachers, school psychologists, school principals — even bus drivers — may recall how terrible they might have felt on the day of the Bowling Green Massacre. Their support is so important in these uncertain times.

4. The history and civics lesson is critical. Reflect back and discuss the lessons they can take away – focusing on specific examples. How did the Bowling Massacre impact the community? 
How did it impact the local government and law enforcement? How did it impact the federal government and what changes weren’t made as a result?

5. Most importantly, let your children know they are safe — and that your primary job is keeping them safe. While you don’t actually believe that something like the Bowling Green Massacre won’t not ever happen again, your child needs to think that it won’t not either. They will be OK. We will all be OK.
I fought there. It was all very confusing. I never saw the enemy. I never saw my friends either. It was like it was just me there all alone in a field shooting bullets everywhere!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-03-2017, 11:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wanted to share the full statement by Kellyanne Conway on this piece of American History that she is trying to make mainstream, even if the liberal textbook makers and teachers have been suppressing it.

I am glad to see there is finally some public recognition of this. I lost family at the Bowling Green Massacre, as I am sure many others on in this forum did. 

There is a little known aspect to the massacre, however, that even the right wing press has played down, namely that the terrorists arms and ammunition were supplied by illegal immigrants who simply walked across the border with them, and then on to Ohio. They were arrested in Texas and then again in Oklahoma but released each time on DOJ orders.

Had there been a wall in place, it is doubtful these illegals could have climbed over it, encumbered as they were with guns and ammunition.
(02-04-2017, 12:51 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I fought there. It was all very confusing. I never saw the enemy. I never saw my friends either. It was like it was just me there all alone in a field shooting bullets everywhere!

LOL this reminds me of a tv report I saw back in the 70s. New Orleans police had supposedly trapped a shooter on a roof, and you could see about 15 police and detectives firing wildly into an elevator doorway. Two of the police went down, so it looked like a hell of a gunfight with criminals returning fire. Turns out criminal was long gone. Some nervous cop started shooting so they all started shooting and two cops went down from ricochets.
It just goes to so that if you have enough money in your pocket you can rewrite history to how you think it should be written, not necessarily how it actually happened. 

Who's da man?  Trumpet's da man!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

"misspoke"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/06/kellyanne-conway-referenced-bowling-green-attack-in-tmz-interview.html

Quote:Kellyanne Conway Referenced ‘Bowling Green Attack’ in TMZ Interview

There’s a new, third time Trump’s counselor talked about a fictitious terrorist attack — undermining the excuse she misspoke.

Kellyanne Conway referred to a fictitious “Bowling Green attack” to defend President Donald Trump’s ban on travel and immigration days before she said she misspoke on MSNBC’s Hardball.

During a brief video interview with TMZ on January 29, Conway referenced the event that did not happen.  

“The fact is that it was President Obama and the Congress who identified these seven countries so President Trump is just following on,” Conway says in the video. “President Obama suspended the Iraq refugee program for six months in 2011 and no one certainly covered—I think nobody noticed.

“He did that because, I assume, there were two Iraqis who came here, got radicalized, joined ISIS, and then were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green attack on our brave soldiers.”

The Daily Beast has asked Conway and the White House for comment.

Conway was referencing an incident in 2011 during which two Iraqi nationals, living in Bowling Green, were indicted for having ties to improvised explosive device attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq. According to a 2013 release by the Department of Justice, Mohanad Shareef Hammadi and Waad Ramadan Alwan “admitted using improvised explosive devices (IEDs) against U.S. soldiers in Iraq” and “attempted to send weapons and money to al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers.”

The same day she spoke to TMZ, Conway told Cosmopolitan about the fictitious “massacre.”   Just days later, on February 2, Conway discussed the “massacre” again during an interview on MSNBC with Chris Matthews.

Conway later acknowledged that she misspoke after the MSNBC interview and meant to say “Bowling Green terrorists.” She also told Cosmopolitan in response to their story: "Frankly they were terrorists in Bowling Green but their massacre took place in Iraq. At least this got clear-thinking people to focus on what did happen in Bowling Green.”

Video at the link.
what a dumb beaver

[Image: latest?cb=20090923205100]
People suck
(02-06-2017, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: "misspoke"

Yeah, it happens. Like when Obama visited all 57 states in America or was honored that so many fallen soldiers came to his Memorial Day service.
(02-07-2017, 12:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, it happens. Like when Obama visited all 57 states in America or was honored that so many fallen soldiers came to his Memorial Day service.

Three times. "misspoke".  
(02-07-2017, 12:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Three times. "misspoke".  

Yes, it happens. It's happened to me a couple times. I remember one time during a serious, semi-political discussion with some friends, I was talking about the issue with Hobby Lobby but I kept saying the issue with Walmart. I said it about 4 times before one of my friends finally asked what the hell I was talking about, what issue with Walmart and I was like, "Walmart? I was talking about Hobby Lobby" and they were like, but you kept saying 'Walmart'.
(02-07-2017, 01:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, it happens. It's happened to me a couple times. I remember one time during a serious, semi-political discussion with some friends, I was talking about the issue with Hobby Lobby but I kept saying the issue with Walmart. I said it about 4 times before one of my friends finally asked what the hell I was talking about, what issue with Walmart and I was like, "Walmart? I was talking about Hobby Lobby" and they were like, but you kept saying 'Walmart'.

Three separate times.  "misspoke".

You confused two stores.

She confused two guys arrested with a "massacre" not covered by the press.

Three times.

Three different conversations.
(02-07-2017, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Three separate times.  "misspoke".

You confused two stores.

She confused two guys arrested with a "massacre" not covered by the press.

Three times.

Three different conversations.

Maybe she didn't realize she was saying massacre each time. Again, it happens. Or maybe she didn't know what massacre means. 

Honestly, she's not an unintelligent woman. She would know that if she tried to make up an event that never happened that she'd get caught. So, I have to believe she did misspeak; heck, maybe she did so intentionally for some reason, like to distract from something else, but I do not believe she tried to make up a fictitious event.
(02-07-2017, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe she didn't realize she was saying massacre each time. Again, it happens. Or maybe she didn't know what massacre means. 

Honestly, she's not an unintelligent woman. She would know that if she tried to make up an event that never happened that she'd get caught. So, I have to believe she did misspeak; heck, maybe she did so intentionally for some reason, like to distract from something else, but I do not believe she tried to make up a fictitious event.

to help with all the reaching you're doing
https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Helping-Long-Reach-Pick-Up-Gripper/dp/B0002VUQPG
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]