Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL consideration for Bills-Bengals game and
(01-04-2023, 02:36 PM)SladeX Wrote: Not to harp on my profession, but our catch all rule is 

1.1.1: Maintaining a Safe Course 
In case of doubt or uncertainty, take the safe course.

LOL love it. Clear, and straight to the point. Ours is "If uncertain, ask." If I go computer cowboy on a problem because I think it will work and end up deleting all of our transactional data, then, well...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Its not just the NFL making money but the huge number of vendors that have been ramping up for months to service the 2 week SB event.

I absolutely do not like giving our playoff opponent 2 weeks to prepare for us.

I've never been to a city when they were hosting a Super Bowl...do a lot of people really come in over a week early before the Super Bowl?
I would not personally do that.

You say you do not like giving a playoff opponent 2 weeks to prepare, but there's no guarantee the Bengals would have their seed set after the game against the Ravens. And even if the Bengals do beat the Ravens and win the division, the game against the Bills would determine their seeding of either 1, 2, or 3. So I don't know if anyone would really know who they would end up playing necessarily prior to the conclusion of the Bengals-Bills game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've never been to a city when they were hosting a Super Bowl...do a lot of people really come in over a week early before the Super Bowl?
I would not personally do that.

You say you do not like giving a playoff opponent 2 weeks to prepare, but there's no guarantee the Bengals would have their seed set after the game against the Ravens. And even if the Bengals do beat the Ravens and win the division, the game against the Bills would determine their seeding of either 1, 2, or 3. So I don't know if anyone would really know who they would end up playing necessarily prior to the conclusion of the Bengals-Bills game.

LA had a ton of events going on, you can bet Phoenix will as well.  Hotel rooms, restaurants, tons of collateral vendors on top of the contracted ones with the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:44 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: No matter what someone gets the short stick here. We were on our way to winning this one and overtaking the bills in seeding. Then if the chiefs lose we could get the top seed. But we would have probably ended up the 2 if the game was played.

That said, you can’t just assume the bengals would win, as the bills could have come back and cemented the top seed.

A tie helps the chiefs, and hurts us in terms of moving up the standings.

No matter what, someone gets the short end of the stick so it’s a tough call.

Or you can just play the game and move the schedules out a week! The best logic solution is playing the game...but what do i know!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:36 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: So they play Sunday and again 2 days later on Tuesday? That’s insane.

Goodell has the authority to move the Bengals/Ravens and Bills/Pats games to Thurs or Friday of this week  and then Bengals/ Bills on Tuesday.

This seems preferable to using random numbers, tarot cards, or Magic 8 balls and completely wiping out an already in-progress game with the Bengals up four and driving in Bills' terrtory.

Again, let me ask  :

Who among you fully trusts Roger Goodell's "random" numbers?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:51 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Or you can just play the game and move the schedules out a week! The best logic solution is playing the game...but what do i know!

And give our playoff opponent a bye week before playing us?  Give the Chiefs a 2 week bye?  No thanks.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:51 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Goodell has the authority to move the Bengals/Ravens and Bills/Pats games to Thurs or Friday of this week  and then Bengals/ Bills on Tuesday.

This seems preferable to using random numbers, tarot cards, or Magic 8 balls and completely wiping out an already in-progress game with the Bengals up four and driving in Bills' terrtory.

Again, let me ask  :

Why are you all so weirded out about the random number option?  It only impacts the Chiefs which is the only team that would be impacted by the Bills Bengals game.  It is logical, zero logistics required, prevents further injuries and keeps the playoff schedule.  

The only other easier way is for the Bills to forfeit the Bengals game.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:16 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like the Bengals are really going to get the shaft here.

Of course they are, it's the NFL way...and we'll all accept it! Actually, this is the reason to keep a black sheep (The Bengals) around so you can always dump the dirt on them!

Why allow Cincinnati to play the Bills in a makeup match and give the Bengals an opportunity to earn a win when we can just force an option on the Bengals that doesn't help them at all, since they are known to be inadequate, even after years of success, as the "experts" have built and pushed a narrative of inferiority even after last year and this years success. It's just easier to make the national punching bag Bengals the scapegoat.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:51 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Goodell has the authority to move the Bengals/Ravens and Bills/Pats games to Thurs or Friday of this week  and then Bengals/ Bills on Tuesday.

Again, let me ask  :

I think that ship sailed at this point.  If they didn't/couldn't make a decision to push the Bengals/Bills game back, I can't see them bumping up the next game with a day of notice.  They're either going to go the "no contest" route or schedule the game for next weekend and push the rest of the schedule back (which probably makes the most sense for everyone). 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:57 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Of course they are, it's the NFL way...and we'll all accept it! Actually, this is the reason to keep a black sheep (The Bengals) around so you can always dump the dirt on them!

Why allow Cincinnati to play the Bills in a makeup match and give the Bengals an opportunity to earn a win when we can just force an option on the Bengals that doesn't help them at all, since they are known to be inadequate, even after years of success, as the "experts" have built and pushed a narrative of inferiority even after last year and this years success. It's just easier to make the national punching bag Bengals the scapegoat.

The random number consideration 100% helps the Bengals the most.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And give our playoff opponent a bye week before playing us?  Give the Chiefs a 2 week bye?  No thanks.

I get what you are saying...but atleast we can control our destiny/palcement and not rely on a machine to decide! But, I do see what you are saying and I do agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:00 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: I get what you are saying...but atleast we can control our destiny/palcement and not rely on a machine to decide! But, I do see what you are saying and I do agree.

The machine has an 80% chance of giving us the #1 seed.... not sure how people are missing this?  Of course it may eliminate the #2 possibility if the Bills beat the Patriots.  But the #1 being in play would be incredible.

An extra game gives a playoff opponent a bye and who knows who gets injured in a Bills rematch that doesn't have to be replayed?  Is it worth it to lose Chase or Reader again for the playoffs? 

Beat the Ravens take the odds of getting the #1, IMO

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:59 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think that ship sailed at this point.  If they didn't/couldn't make a decision to push the Bengals/Bills game back, I can't see them bumping up the next game with a day of notice.  They're either going to go the "no contest" route or schedule the game for next weekend and push the rest of the schedule back (which probably makes the most sense for everyone). 

Pushing the season back makes the least sense to me, it is the absolute worst for logistics, impacts thousands of vendors, allows byes for every playoff team except the Bills and Bengals, provides #1 seeds a 2 week bye.  No thanks.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:40 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: This is the dumbest idea ever. Why stop at only KC, Buffalo, cinci. Randomly delete a game from all playoff and potential play off teams. What if ravnens beat us, and they randomly picked a game for Baltimore to throw out and it was a L. Now they become AFCN champs.

They should have played the game Wednesday. Literally was the most logical scenario. The bills and bengals play 4 days after Wednesday either way. So 4 days is the magic number to cope with all of this?

Exactly, they were playing the "Too politically correct role" to schedule a Wednesday game now they've dugged themselves a hole! Hamlin is getting great care and everybody is rooting for him, either it should have been played Wednesday or schedule if for the following Sunday! It's not really that hard!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:07 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Exactly, they were playing the "Too politically correct role" to schedule a Wednesday game now they've dugged themselves a hole! Hamlin is getting great care and everybody is rooting for him, either it should have been played Wednesday or schedule if for the following Sunday! It's not really that hard!

I think that is a terrible idea.  Bills lost 2 starters in the 1st Quarter - so lets risk our starters to injury in a game that didnt need to be played and then our 1st playoff opponent also has 2 weeks to get healthy prepare for us.  You guys make zero sense with this, the number thing is the easiest and best opportunity for our team.

How is playing the Bills again better?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Random number generator randomly sucks.....

FFS, Roger Goodell needs to make a freakin' decision and let people know what is going to happen, good, bad or indifferent. This is not leadership. In 2001, the face of NASCAR died in a horrific crash, in front of the whole Daytona Motor Speedway and on National television. Outside of Richard Petty, no driver in NASCAR was better known or more beloved than Dale Earnhardt. 7 days later, the other drivers, including his relatives, fired their engines in North Carolina and went racing. The train keeps rolling. While we all wish the best for Hamlin, and according to his family this morning he is trending up, the NFL can't crawl into a cocoon and get into analysis paralysis. They are going to have to let teams know what the standings are and what is on the line this weekend. The longer this decision takes, the more people aren't going to like the results.

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Goodell will not make a decision until after the Sunday late afternoon games are over.  Expect to hear an official statement around 7pm Sunday.   
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:35 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: It would be at random. How would it be fair to just take a W away from Baltimore? They played the game and won it.

Cuz Baltimore sucks....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pushing the season back makes the least sense to me, it is the absolute worst for logistics, impacts thousands of vendors, allows byes for every playoff team except the Bills and Bengals, provides #1 seeds a 2 week bye.  No thanks.

I don't see the logistics argument for the playoffs as all the details are still TBD (who's hosting, which day/time, etc).  The bye week is maybe an advantage.  Or maybe it works negatively having time off.  There's no "fair" in this situation, but coming up with a scenario on who "won" without a game being played is the least fair of any possible option. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't see the logistics argument for the playoffs as all the details are still TBD (who's hosting, which day/time, etc).  The bye week is maybe an advantage.  Or maybe it works negatively having time off.  There's no "fair" in this situation, but coming up with a scenario on who "won" without a game being played is the least fair of any possible option. 

Removing Pro Bowl week is a huge issue for many reasons.

You think giving the Chargers 2 weeks to get healthy and prepare for us is "maybe" an advantage?   Also, what if we lose players to injuries for the playoffs, was it worth it when we didnt have to play the game?  

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Removing Pro Bowl week is a huge issue for many reasons.

You think giving the Chargers 2 weeks to get healthy and prepare for us is "maybe" an advantage?   Also, what if we lose players to injuries for the playoffs, was it worth it when we didnt have to play the game?  

Losing players is the same risk whether we played a full game Monday or play it next week.  It sounds to me more like the angle you're wanting here is that the Bengals get a bye week but have to take a potential L.  I just don't think from a league standpoint that's a good option.  In all honesty, the game should have been scheduled within the 2 days or one of the teams should have conceded.  At this point, it's a mess and there are no good options.  
Reply/Quote