Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nickname: BLANDY Dalton
Just for comparative purposes (I'm not doing the entire damn league), here's how Dalton stacks up against Ben and Flacco since 2011 in 100+ games and games below 60 on passer rating.

Dalton: 38 100 or better, 11 below 60
Ben: 35 100 or better, 6 below 60
Flacco: 24 100 or better, 13 below 60

Before anyone flips their shit, I'm not saying Dalton is better than anyone, I'm not saying Dalton is great, or whatever else. Just a simple stat comparison of AFCN QBs on games with a passer rating or 100 or more and 60 or less.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shake N Blake? Your my dude (you always say that when your going to disagree with me). I get your point my Bengal brother. However, I think if your A.D., you've got to call your game. He's been in this thing long enough to take the reigns. Andy did play like crap. The OL shit on his capabilities and his timing, he looked as he was playing in fear. He has the ability to control that at the line. Although, he may not be able to, or used to, audibling out? He's still the captain and should have done what he thought he should do to win. I still have faith in him because he is a good QB. He would be better without Marvin. When he is on? He's clutch. When he's not? OMFG!

I have a tendency of saying something like that before I disagree with anyone I like. A lot of folks on here take it personally or get their ego bruised when you disagree with them.

Anyways, Harley you're my dude, but I'm going to have to disagree (again). Ninja

We have no idea how much control Andy really has over the offense. It's all speculation. I remember a lot of talk about Palmer having little control over the offense when he was here, but it was always hard telling.

IMO, both Palmer and Dalton have had some options as far as audibles and so forth, but even with the audible, I don't think he can just freely switch any play he wants. Just going on gut feeling based on things we've seen/heard here and there. Hard to prove either way though.

And how much could he really do at the line to stop Og or Jake from getting pancaked?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The play calling made Dalton look bad. It's very obvious. Why do you think Dalton looked like a MVP candidate with Hue in 2015 and now starting to look like one with Lazor his first two games with him? Zampese was holding the offense back a ton. That's what I'm getting at.

All the haters will continue to hate him, no matter what. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Four touchdowns, zero interceptions today. No complaints here...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:31 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: All the haters will continue to hate him, no matter what. 

Who on here has continued to hate Andy?

I'm just one that puts bad play on the player; regardless who it is.

For instance I "continue to hate" Joe Mixon; while applauding Gio.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Andy's entire career has been inconsistent. You point to one year (he had inconsistent performances in 2015 as well) and stand on it as if that was some norm for him.

He's had horrific games... lots of them. And typically big ones. He's good or very good just as often as he's bad or very bad.

I get being a fan, but maybe come up for air every once in a while. He was the worst QB in the NFL the first 2 games, OC or not. Watching the games, it wasn't the play being called. He sucked. Now he has 1 good half against the Packers followed by a bad one, and then a great game against the Browns who are 1-19 over the last 2 seasons and you're all hyped? Pffffft!

Last week some guy named jacoby Brissett went 17/24 for 259 a TD & a rating of 94.3 against the Browns. They're the worst team in the NFl by miles. The Browns 2ndary has NOTHING back there. T.Y. Hlton looked like Jerry Rice last week.

The chest beating over 1 good game from AD who now has a whopping 6 TDs & 4 INTs in 4 games is a little premature. Lets see how he does against the Bills, a strong defensive team, before we get all pumped.

Sorry we forgot this was Andy's rookie season.

Seriously bro, I don't think there's anyone on here trying to proclaim AD is like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, and Dan Marino all rolled into one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dalton was not playing well the first two games, there's no doubt ! He was making poor decisions at times, seeing pressure that wasn't there, making bad throws, etc.

But Dalton wasn't out there playing bad with everything around him hunky dory and fine. We had an OC who had no clue how to call an effective game plan or at all scheme around a very sub par O-line. We still have a very sub par O-line and I have no delusions we're going on a 10-0 run.

We have a mostly non-existent running game ! Did you see us trying to run the clock out going backwards 5 yards a play ?

Dalton is not a QB who's going to takeover a season and gunsling throw us to victories. Bit he is a QB with the proper weapons, O-line, play calling, coaching, free agent accquiring, drafting, leadership from F.O. and on and on that you can win with.

A ton of NFL QB's fall into that category, active and past. 

Do you really think Dalton is the reason Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis aren't running away with the division and winning all dem Super Bowls ?
Reply/Quote
He's not as bad as Scare me Hill.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Andy showed up today. Wonder who will show up next Sunday?
Reply/Quote
Game 1 he graded at a F
Game 2 he graded at a D
Game 3 he graded at a C
Game 4 he graded at a B
Hopefully Andy has his A game against the Bills.
Reply/Quote
"That's what they always preach" Lol, please tell me someone gets this.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who on here has continued to hate Andy?

I'm just one that puts bad play on the player; regardless who it is.

For instance I "continue to hate" Joe Mixon; while applauding Gio.

Go to a game? Walk around in town? Andy is talked about as negatively as Palmer was before he gave in. I was at the Texans game, and when Watson scored, people literally boo'd Andy...Andy hate is a legitimate thing...no tinfoil needed.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 04:51 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Go to a game? Walk around in town? Andy is talked about as negatively as Palmer was before he gave in. I was at the Texans game, and when Watson scored, people literally boo'd Andy...Andy hate is a legitimate thing...no tinfoil needed.

It's been very real since the guy was drafted. Some just couldn't get excited over a 2nd round QB from TCU that lacked any outstanding physical traits. He also had red hair, which is seemingly a big problem for some. Any success was attributed to AJ Green (still to this day) while any failure is the "real" Andy.

Dalton did his best Aaron Rodgers impression in 2015, and that's the only time people shut up. Tbh, I don't think the hate went away, I think people just realized they'd look silly to hate on a guy who was in the MVP conversation. So all Dalton has to do to get fake approval is to play like a Hall of Famer. 

Oh, and don't have any bad games at all, lest the "Good Andy/Bad Andy" BS start up again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:48 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Game 1 he graded at a F
Game 2 he graded at a D
Game 3 he graded at a C
Game 4 he graded at a B
Hopefully Andy has his A game against the Bills.

Damn, dude, what the hell does Dalton have to do to get an 'A'? He has as almost a flawless game as one can have against the Browns and that's only a 'B'? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 02:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Damn, dude, what the hell does Dalton have to do to get an 'A'? He has as almost a flawless game as one can have against the Browns and that's only a 'B'? 

...and a 124 passer rating, 2 TDs and 0 turnovers = a 'C'.

I'm not sure which is worse. It kinda gives you insight into how some people view the guy though. He basically has to be perfect to gain their approval.
Reply/Quote
I hate listening to James Rapien. His pretentiousness makes me change the channel whenever he comes on.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 02:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Damn, dude, what the hell does Dalton have to do to get an 'A'? He has as almost a flawless game as one can have against the Browns and that's only a 'B'? 

the lost fumble caused the grade to slip to a B
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and a 124 passer rating, 2 TDs and 0 turnovers = a 'C'.

I'm not sure which is worse. It kinda gives you insight into how some people view the guy though. He basically has to be perfect to gain their approval.

The second half wasn't very impressive against the packers. The one pass where he took a sack after holding the ball awhile. and missed wide open Lafell that could have have been a huge gain or a touchdown perfect example. He only guided the offense to 17 points also. got the ball first in overtime and couldn't even get a first down I think a C is fair.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 03:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The second half wasn't very impressive against the packers. The one pass where he took a sack after holding the ball awhile. and missed wide open Lafell that could have have been a huge gain or a touchdown perfect example. He only guided the offense to 17 points also. got the ball first in overtime and couldn't even get a first down I think a C is fair.

I think a 124 rating, 2 TDs and 24 points on the road is worth more than a C. Dalton is the only QB we've had that has every throw dissected and thoroughly analyzed for flaws.

Fact is, if you laid out those numbers, that point total and the fact that it happened in Lambeau to anyone - and didn't mention that it was Andy Dalton - they'd say "good game" and that would be that. 

Ultimately it was a good performance worthy of a B. Its not Andy's fault the defense gave up 27. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 06:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think a 124 rating, 2 TDs and 24 points on the road is worth more than a C. Dalton is the only QB we've had that has every throw dissected and thoroughly analyzed for flaws.

Fact is, if you laid out those numbers, that point total and the fact that it happened in Lambeau to anyone - and didn't mention that it was Andy Dalton - they'd say "good game" and that would be that. 

Ultimately it was a good performance worthy of a B. Its not Andy's fault the defense gave up 27. 

Not to mention Rodgers threw a pick 6 and Bengals fans talk about how great of a game he had when their QB didn't turn it over. No, I'm not saying Dalton is better than Rodgers. I'm saying Dalton had the better game though. Plus, Rodgers team made adjustments at the half and came out to win. Our head coach says adjustments are a media myth and our team sputtered.

His nickname should be Always BlameDalton. Bengals fans fall all over each other to throw shade at their own QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 06:35 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Not to mention Rodgers threw a pick 6 and Bengals fans talk about how great of a game he had when their QB didn't turn it over. No, I'm not saying Dalton is better than Rodgers. I'm saying Dalton had the better game though. Plus, Rodgers team made adjustments at the half and came out to win. Our head coach says adjustments are a media myth and our team sputtered.

His nickname should be Always BlameDalton. Bengals fans fall all over each other to throw shade at their own QB.

No he didn't. He had a better first half.

Reply/Quote