Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New RB Coach
Anthony Lynn fits the bill!! Recently fired as head coach of the chargers which is questionable but none the least he would be a great addition to a team in need of quality coaches. With Head coaching experience he could take over the ball when Zac fumbles.
Reply/Quote
No way in H-E double hockey sticks will he go from HC to RB coach. He was an OC before being a HC, he’ll like go back to that until another HC opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:10 PM)Coach513 Wrote: Anthony Lynn fits the bill!! Recently fired as head coach of the chargers which is questionable but none the least he would be a great addition to a team in need of quality coaches. With Head coaching experience he could take over the ball when Zac fumbles.

his head coaching experience would be why ZT says no....

The fact he was just a head coach of a not horrible team tells me he wouldnt drop back all the way to position coach.

If Hue Jackson is unable to find anything better he did a okay job here as the RB coach. for the 1 year he held that spot and gives us another Creative mind on offense.
Reply/Quote
I think one big thing factors into this that I am unsure of.

Guaranteed pay.

If a HC gets fired his pay is guarantee for the duration of his contract, I'm pretty sure. But if they get another job is it all still guaranteed? Is it just the difference? Is the contract voided (not the right term)?

RB coach is a steep step down tho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Zac would not dare bring on a position coach
Who won more games in 2020 than he has in.2
Years. Zac would go into.panic attacks
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:10 PM)Coach513 Wrote: Anthony Lynn fits the bill!! Recently fired as head coach of the chargers which is questionable but none the least he would be a great addition to a team in need of quality coaches. With Head coaching experience he could take over the ball when Zac fumbles.

Was a great guy out here in LA and fans loved him. 
Would be a great backup to take over for when ZT finally flops which I cant help but think may be in future
Reply/Quote
Anthony Lynn is not going back to positional coaching yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Was a great guy out here in LA and fans loved him. 
Would be a great backup to take over for when ZT finally flops which I cant help but think may be in future

Personally, I would love to see the Bengals put Taylor in a position where they had his heir apparent already on the staff.  Some might say "Sunset, that is so cruel.  Why would you wish that?".  To which I would respond;  Because it's going to force one of two things to happen.  Either Zac is pressured into fielding a winning product, or he crumbles under the pressure and slinks away with his tail between his legs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No way in H-E double hockey sticks will he go from HC to RB coach. He was an OC before being a HC, he’ll like go back to that until another HC opportunity.

Didnt Hue Jackson go from head coach of the raiders to RB coach in cincy?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Didnt Hue Jackson go from head coach of the raiders to RB coach in cincy?

Not initially.  He came back as an assistant to DBs coach, then moved to RB coach the following year, before 2 years as OC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Was a great guy out here in LA and fans loved him. 

I agree, still think he was dealt a bad hand. Was in the playoffs with an aging phillip then had to retool with a rookie in your final year and still go 7-9 should have been extended. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not initially.  He came back as an assistant to DBs coach, then moved to RB coach the following year, before 2 years as OC.

Still a position coach non the less and Lynn my have only served as and OC once in his career. He mainly focuses on the rb group. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:22 PM)Coach513 Wrote: Still a position coach non the less and Lynn my have only served as and OC once in his career. He mainly focuses on the rb group. 

Still, most on this board care more about getting it right than being sorta right.  He asked, so I didn't mind to clarify.  And to your point, I'd like for Lynn to be our RBs coach, as I stated in an earlier post.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Didnt Hue Jackson go from head coach of the raiders to RB coach in cincy?

And Asst. Head Coach. Also, different situation of a friend, Marv, throwing another friend a bone.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I would love to see the Bengals put Taylor in a position where they had his heir apparent already on the staff.  Some might say "Sunset, that is so cruel.  Why would you wish that?".  To which I would respond;  Because it's going to force one of two things to happen.  Either Zac is pressured into fielding a winning product, or he crumbles under the pressure and slinks away with his tail between his legs.

Same here, would like to bring in a Defensive mind like Wade Phillips and make him assistant HC for insurance.

Doubt we get Lynn but would like to do the same thing on the Offensive side. Incentive.

Lou sucks and we can upgrade over him easily I am sure of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, would like to bring in a Defensive mind like Wade Phillips and make him assistant HC for insurance.

Doubt we get Lynn but would like to do the same thing on the Offensive side. Incentive.

Lou sucks and we can upgrade over him easily I am sure of it.

Well, since they already announced that Lou was coming back next year, I feel like our only hope on that front might be in the way of a position coach with prior HC experience.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't see a recent head coach going down to a position coach when he hasn't had some kind of epic meltdown. I mean, sure, it's probably happened, but not often.

But I really don't get the mindset of people who say 'zac would never bring in a coach with any kind of winning record.' like, with, you think his primary qualification is 'hey, does this guy suck bad enough?'
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:13 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't see a recent head coach going down to a position coach when he hasn't had some kind of epic meltdown. I mean, sure, it's probably happened, but not often.

But I really don't get the mindset of people who say 'zac would never bring in a coach with any kind of winning record.' like, with, you think his primary qualification is 'hey, does this guy suck bad enough?'

One of the best examples that I can think of is Mike Mularkey.  After failing as HC of the Titans, he went on to build the incredible OL that carried Pittsburgh for years, and is now in the same capacity with the Broncos.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 06:32 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Anthony Lynn is not going back to positional coaching yet.

What if we gave him RB coach/assistant HC title?

Lord knows Zac could use experienced help.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What if we gave him RB coach/assistant HC title?

Lord knows Zac could use experienced help.

I would take him straight up over Zac provided he got someone to help with time management. I also would not want him to bring/choose his special teams coaches. Have you seen Chargers vs Pats?
Reply/Quote