Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there....
(04-18-2021, 05:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm guessing it's just the lighting in the picture.  They said the helmets would remain unchanged, and I gotta think a matte finish would look pretty drastic up close.

I could be wrong though.  I'd definitely be stoked to see something a little different.

Didnt notice that in pic ...but I agree a matte finish would be a nice change up 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 06:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Safe?!?! I hope he changes his number then a #85 Higgins Jersey would be even more rare.

Ah! I see what you're saying. The Burrow & Higgins rookie jerseys will still be collectable.

I saw Tee Tweet he was keeping 85, but you never know! I was just saying you were safe from not having to buy another to kee up to date. lol!
Reply/Quote
If I get a player's jersey, it is the kiss of death for that player. For the sake of all Bengaldom, I will not get another players jersey. Personalized only.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 06:40 PM)Destro Wrote: If I get a player's jersey, it is the kiss of death for that player. For the sake of all Bengaldom, I will not get another players jersey. Personalized only.

No! Don't do it, dude! Don't do that to yourself! It's not worth it. Grab a Price or Jordan or something!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 06:52 PM)PDub80 Wrote: No! Don't do it, dude! Don't do that to yourself! It's not worth it. Grab a Price or Jordan or something!

If I got a Covid #19 Bengals jersey, the virus would tear its ACL five days later and be over before training camp. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:17 PM)Destro Wrote: If I got a Covid #19 Bengals jersey, the virus would tear its ACL five days later and be over before training camp. 

That actually would be a pretty hilarious jersey.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That actually would be a pretty hilarious jersey.

I'm accepting paypals. I will get it, rock it and post pics. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 06:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ah! I see what you're saying. The Burrow & Higgins rookie jerseys will still be collectable.

I saw Tee Tweet he was keeping 85, but you never know! I was just saying you were safe from not having to buy another to kee up to date. lol!

I think he may have wanted to change it but with his jersey being one of the first they will have on sale I’m sure they “persuaded” him to stay with 85. They don’t want a bunch of jerseys that are obsolete before they are even for sale. Timing for Tee was not good.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 11:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think he may have wanted to change it but with his jersey being one of the first they will have on sale I’m sure they “persuaded” him to stay with 85.  They don’t want a bunch of jerseys that are obsolete before they are even for sale.  Timing for Tee was not good.

I think the persuasion may be the rule where players have to buy out the jerseys with the old number on it before they allow the switch? Didn't Chad have to wait to go back to Johnson or something like that due to the buy out clause?

If they change numbers, I believe they have to buy all of the jerseys with the old number. At least, that's how it used to be?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/peterson-outraged-over-price-of-number-switch-09000d5d82684864
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are it could be the coolest jersey ever and fans would still shit all over it. I didn’t think I would be but I’m excited for tomorrow. I’ll be more excited to see some games and then I’ll be able to judge better.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 01:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You’ve said plenty Smirk Ninja

Thank you

Lol my thoughts exactly.  I can tell from the original post it's the same ones we been looking at. Not sure why a big secret like it's a code to get in to the refrigerator filled with covid vaccines. It's a uniform! Smh
Reply/Quote
[Image: O2TOYFH.jpg]

[Image: 3RPl0K6.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That actually would be a pretty hilarious jersey.

You'd probably get a lot of negative looks/comments from people until you explain to them why you have it.
But when they hear your explanation, they'd probably be in favor of it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure, it might be a slow news day, but at least nfl.com is highlighting the uni change and not ignoring the Bengals.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-unveil-new-uniforms
Reply/Quote
These uniforms are OK..I'm not that excited..After all I've been wearing the same basic color combinations of black and blue like a bruise since high school and a few slight variations just because not every shirt I own is black, but I wear almost exclusively jeans 99.99% of the time.
I'm sorry Bengaldom..It takes actually winning more than 3-4 games a year to get me even remotely excited about anything this team does..
Now if the team announced that merely being a Bengals fan comes with a $1000 a month payment to every fan from the team I might get a bit more excited, but we all know what would happen then.. Everyone and his uncle, aunt, nieces and nephews and 3rd cousins fifteen times removed would claim to be Bengals fans even if they don't even know what football is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 10:14 AM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: 3RPl0K6.jpg]

This is a very cool picture but my OCD wants Joey B and Sam Hubbard to swap spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 10:14 AM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: O2TOYFH.jpg]

[Image: 3RPl0K6.jpg]

Fwiw, those designs you edited are 1000% better than these.
Reply/Quote
I like them. Definitely an improvement over the last ones. I don’t like the new whites quite as much as the color rush, but they do look good. The black is probably my favorite though. Very clean. Very simple. I think they did well.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 07:59 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I thought the pantone of orange they chose ended up looking perfect. Big difference from the last orange.

You were right.  The orange is much, much better. More organic and less traffic cone orange. I approve. Joe

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 11:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, those designs you edited are 1000% better than these.

Yeah, these are the Andy Daltons of Bengals uniforms.
Reply/Quote