Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New Uniform Reveal Today: I was there....
(04-19-2021, 11:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, those designs you edited are 1000% better than these.

Thanks! But, I don't hate these new ones as much as I thought I would.  They definitely look better than the crappy Ebay leaks.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 01:31 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Thanks!  But, I don't hate these new ones as much as I thought I would.  They definitely look better than the crappy Ebay leaks.

Yeah, they look miles apart from those lousy eBay pics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: These uniforms are OK..I'm not that excited..After all I've been wearing the same basic color combinations of black and blue like a bruise since high school and a few slight variations just because not every shirt I own is black, but I wear almost exclusively jeans 99.99% of the time.
I'm sorry Bengaldom..It takes actually winning more than 3-4 games a year to get me even remotely excited about anything this team does..
Now if the team announced that merely being a Bengals fan comes with a $1000 a month payment to every fan from the team I might get a bit more excited, but we all know what would happen then.. Everyone and his uncle, aunt, nieces and nephews and 3rd cousins fifteen times removed would claim to be Bengals fans even if they don't even know what football is..

You made this post at 10:36am, a little too early to be drunk off your ass, isn't it?

If you aren't excited about ANYTHING the Bengals do besides win, why are you posting ANYTHING in the offseason when they literally CANNOT even play, let alone win?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 06:40 PM)Destro Wrote: If I get a player's jersey, it is the kiss of death for that player. For the sake of all Bengaldom, I will not get another players jersey. Personalized only.

I hear you man...as soon as I got a Palmer jersey, he had the elbow injury, then shit just snowballed from there. I'm going personal too....or might even get one with a retired player on it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 04:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hear you man...as soon as I got a Palmer jersey, he had the elbow injury, then shit just snowballed from there. I'm going personal too....or might even get one with a retired player on it.

That makes me think;

- I got Carsone's in '06, AFTER the injury (like a month or two after, it was still winter)
- I got Rey in 2009 "(off a truck," otherwise I wouldn't have bothered)
- Whitworth in 2012
- Dunlap in 2015
- Hubbard last year

I think I'm in the clear! Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 05:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That makes me think;

- I got Carsone's in '06, AFTER the injury (like a month or two after, it was still winter)
- I got Rey in 2009 "(off a truck," otherwise I wouldn't have bothered)
- Whitworth in 2012
- Dunlap in 2015
- Hubbard last year

I think I'm in the clear! Wink

I'm doing my best not to jinx em truck....as to OP, I appreciate the direction Elizabeth is taking the PR. Yeah, it's 20 years late or more, but if you're gonna knock em for that (and I have), then ya gotta give em a little props for finally doing some things to engage fans.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like them. Definitely an improvement over the last ones. I don’t like the new whites quite as much as the color rush, but they do look good. The black is probably my favorite though. Very clean. Very simple. I think they did well.

I'm a BIG fan of the orange striped, white pants with the orange jersey. Black pants with orange jersey is my favorite, but i really like those orange striped white pants with the orange jersey. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Head of “Fan engagement” for another incompetent family hire. The dumb **** hits keep coming.
Reply/Quote
There's a new article in the Athletic about the jersey leak and what followed. It's definitely worth a read if you have a subscription. (Fwiw, the Athletic is running a 6 month promo for $1 a month.)

https://theathletic.com/2529825/2021/04/19/my-heart-sunk-how-the-bengals-reacted-when-their-new-jerseys-leaked-on-ebay/?redirected=1

Fwiw, there's somethinng kinda interesting in this article as it pertains to the thread. Apparently only 7 people were invited to the thing over the weekend that OP referenced. It sounds like it was for their biggest supporters. Apparently they even flew in 3 of them. So OP was in VERY select company.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 02:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There's a new article in the Athletic about the jersey leak and what followed.  It's definitely worth a read if you have a subscription. (Fwiw, the Athletic is running a 6 month promo for $1 a month.)

https://theathletic.com/2529825/2021/04/19/my-heart-sunk-how-the-bengals-reacted-when-their-new-jerseys-leaked-on-ebay/?redirected=1

Fwiw, there's somethinng kinda interesting in this article as it pertains to the thread.  Apparently only 7 people were invited to the thing over the weekend that OP referenced.  It sounds like it was for their biggest supporters.  Apparently they even flew in 3 of them.  So OP was in VERY select company.

I am more fringe "select company". lol I don't dress up like a character or anything. Nor do I have any kind of social media presence. In real life, I'm generally a really encouraging and positive person, even if I'm critical, and sometimes that gets appreciated.

The Bengals are very very kind to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 04:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: So, I will say that even if you hated what was posted here you will like what you see Monday morning. Personally, I don't see how you couldn't. The only people who will hate them are those who wanted traditional, blocks & stripes, or old school looks. That is NOT what these are. After seeing, feeling, and touching them, the jerseys on the hanger were NOT really representative of what the Bengals put together.

I didn't mind the NDA at all. This is the Bengals project to unveil and I think they deserve to have their own thunder for that. In these days of hype and scoop media getting all of the spotlight and everyone with a phone able to post media and get attention world wide, I think the Bengals being generous enough to let fans in for a sneak peak while not wanting them to broadcast it to the world is understandable. 

100% true. It's their product, they can release it however they want. This notion of getting the scoop a few days (and when it comes to the draft, a few seconds) before everyone else is just embarrassing lol. I thought the 24-hour news cycle, social media and instant comms would wipe out that impulse on our part. If anything it's just made things worse.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I am more fringe "select company". lol I don't dress up like a character or anything. Nor do I have any kind of social media presence. In real life, I'm generally a really encouraging and positive person, even if I'm critical, and sometimes that gets appreciated.

The Bengals are very very kind to me.

How did they become aware of you as a fan?  Long-time season ticket holder?

You must have done something right to get on their radar.  If that tidbit in the story was true (only 7 people were invited) then I don't think there's any "fringe" there. 

PS Does the "#1 fan" get invited to this stuff?  Fwiw, I have a theory that he must have pisseed someone off.  He used to be prominently featured on TV and I feel like I haven't seen him get screen time in a long, long time.

PPS Question for everyone:  What happened to TheBengalThing?  This just popped into my head all of these years later, but did he not make the move to thebengalsboard from the mothership?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How did they become aware of you as a fan?  Long-time season ticket holder?

You must have done something right to get on their radar.  If that tidbit in the story was true (only 7 people were invited) then I don't think there's any "fringe" there. 

PS Does the "#1 fan" get invited to this stuff?  Fwiw, I have a theory that he must have pisseed someone off.  He used to be prominently featured on TV and I feel like I haven't seen him get screen time in a long, long time.

PPS Question for everyone:  What happened to TheBengalThing?  This just popped into my head all of these years later, but did he not make the move to thebengalsboard from the mothership?

I'm not sure I did anything special. I have had season tickets off and on since 1997, but not consecutively. I do have club level seats. I think that my ticket rep and I get along really well. She is just a top shelf person. I feel really positively towards her and the job she is doing and maybe that reflects towards her and she thinks to reach out? I don't gripe or complain to her or just hammer her with my opinions. I'm genuinely thankful and that's kind of it. And, I do what I say I'm going to do. If I tell her I am upgrading or buying seats again, I do so, etc etc. When they reupped Marvin I told them I was out until he was gone. HE bombed out, they made a change, I called and bought again, as promised.

Over the years I have gotten to know little bits more and more about the Bengals than maybe a normal fan would. I can say, with 100% accuracy, the family genuinely cares about the fans and the city and the team is their legacy and is important to them. Also, they will NEVER sell the team or move. I am 100% on that, as well. I'm excited to see the changes around the stadium over the next few years. These spikes in fan participation and enjoyment and POSITIVE response encourages them!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Head of “Fan engagement” for another incompetent family hire.  The dumb **** hits keep coming.

WTF are you talking about?

Elizabeth Blackburn is kicking ass. She sat down with the ticket sales team for a tremendous amount of time when she first got there and made a huge list of fan wants, complaints, likes, etc. and then just, immediately started tackling them. What more could you realistically want?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 02:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: WTF are you talking about?

Elizabeth Blackburn is kicking ass. She sat down with the ticket sales team for a tremendous amount of time when she first got there and made a huge list of fan wants, complaints, likes, etc. and then just, immediately started tackling them. What more could you realistically want?

“jUsT wiN gAmES!!!”

Idk why we can’t acknowledge that she’s doing a great job, and still be frustrated with the results on the field at the same time. Personally, I’m thrilled my team has decided to join the 21 century. Better late than never.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “jUsT wiN gAmES!!!”

Idk why we can’t acknowledge that she’s doing a great job, and still be frustrated with the results on the field at the same time. Personally, I’m thrilled my team has decided to join the 21 century. Better late than never.

That's the thing to me. Tony Pike was on bitching about the record yesterday when asked about the uniforms. They have nothing to do with each other. It's not as if the marketing team and ticket sales people have ANYTHING to do with on field stuff.

Elizabeth Blackburn does help with some analytics, but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's the thing to me. Tony Pike was on bitching about the record yesterday when asked about the uniforms. They have nothing to do with each other. It's not as if the marketing team and ticket sales people have ANYTHING to do with on field stuff.

Elizabeth Blackburn does help with some analytics, but that's about it.

There's a thought that some have that new jerseys and some in-stadium perks are nice, but investing more into acquiring talent to improve on-field performance will do more than new jerseys and in-stadium perks when it comes to fan interest.
So when those people see those things, they brush them off because they see them as just a consolation prize.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There's a thought that some have that new jerseys and some in-stadium perks are nice, but investing more into acquiring talent to improve on-field performance will do more than new jerseys and in-stadium perks when it comes to fan interest.
So when those people see those things, they brush them off because all they care about is wins.

Again, that has nothing to do with Elizabeth Blackburn. That’s on Mike, Tobin, and her parents. She’s not in charge of free agency, or our scouting department. But what SHE is in charge of, she’s really good at.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, that has nothing to do with Elizabeth Blackburn. That’s on Mike, Tobin, and her parents. She’s not in charge of free agency, or our scouting department. But what SHE is in charge of, she’s really good at.

I agree with you, but some people don't care. As I said, unless/until it results in getting back into the postseason, it's not valuable to them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote