Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Uniforms leaked
Well I'm willing to give it a chance... with Mike Brown almost out of the picture I can see the kids not being afraid to make changes. We won't have these Uni's forever.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Well then we've got one of if not the worst unis in the league now.
Reply/Quote
I’m imagining some of our fans just sitting around listening to this on a loop...

https://youtu.be/rbrFA0memPk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 07:19 PM)yang Wrote: I guess I am in the vast minority but I think these suck.  Why don't we add tiger tails to them and give the players fake tiger noses while we're at it.  I mean I don't usually give two shits about the uni's and still hate these. 

Stripes going in different directions, different sizes, colors flipped it's like Jackson Pollack designed them.  Ugh.  The shoulder stripes are goofy.  

I agree, they are making us look like a joke IMO.

Make it look more like a real Tiger for damn sake. I am sure it will look better then that but damn those are hideous. Sick

Make the rest of the uni look like the helmets which are the best in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 07:19 PM)yang Wrote: I guess I am in the vast minority but I think these suck.  Why don't we add tiger tails to them and give the players fake tiger noses while we're at it.  I mean I don't usually give two shits about the uni's and still hate these. 

Stripes going in different directions, different sizes, colors flipped it's like Jackson Pollack designed them.  Ugh.  The shoulder stripes are goofy.  

I'm with ya... Now Goodberry is trying to tell me my eyes don't work.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:25 PM)jason Wrote: I'm with ya... Now Goodberry is trying to tell me my eyes don't work.

Your eyes work just fine, that is some ugly cartoon shit right there...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:25 PM)jason Wrote: I'm with ya... Now Goodberry is trying to tell me my eyes don't work.

No, he’s telling you that you saw a crappy knockoff on a hanger in a pic taken on someone’s damn phone. They’re obviously going to look much different on the players, at an official reveal. People still might hate the design (I’m sure plenty will), but I guarantee they look better than they did in those pics.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, he’s telling you that you saw a crappy knockoff on a hanger in a pic taken on someone’s damn phone. They’re obviously going to look much different on the players, at an official reveal. People still might hate the design (I’m sure plenty will), but I guarantee they look better than they did in those pics.

I don't pay close enough attention, but I can't help but wonder; how many other teams get their new uniforms leaked on eBay? Did it happen with the Rams and Falcons? Either way, it's not a big deal, but I saw more than one concept that I liked better than those when all of this started... Win some games, and I couldn't care less what they're wearing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, he’s telling you that you saw a crappy knockoff on a hanger in a pic taken on someone’s damn phone. They’re obviously going to look much different on the players, at an official reveal. People still might hate the design (I’m sure plenty will), but I guarantee they look better than they did in those pics.

That won't be hard. Come on. An eBay pic versus pro-photographers? I'm sure they'll look much better than we expect.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, taste is subjective.

That said, in my opinon, these changes strike me as low effort and unimaginitive. Boring is the word that comes to mind when I look at the design.

They're not classic, as they're nothing like our original uniforms. There's nothing historic about them that is a callback to the late 60's, and the 70's. And I suppose that is ok, but I've seen people say they're classic when they're really not.

What we basically have is retaining our same helmet from the 80's, which I know a lot of people dig. That's fine. That's unchanged. From there they went with a simplified number design, "Bengals" written above the numbers, and the most basic possible pattern you could use on the shoulderpads.

That's it. That's the whole design. Simple number + Bengals written in small letters above number + basic 80's stripes.

I mean, I gotta be honest here. Whoever got paid to work these up should have legitimately been paid less than $1,000 total. There's absolutely nothing to the design. I feel like pretty much anyone with even a semblance of design skill could have worked that up.

Personally, I figured with as much as these were hyped up from the initial social media blitz, and with the fact that "change" seems to be on the team's agenda, that these would be a little more different. Creative. Inspired. I'm not getting any of those vibes from this.

Like i said earlier, I won't knock anyone's opinion and this is simply mine.
Reply/Quote
Meh, they were fugly from the beginning, putting them on players won't help, it will just be putting a silk hat on a pig.

Turd stripes spaced out by shoulder pads, still look like turds. And those away whites? There's barely any orange on them, they look like some poor man's color rush concept.

I wish I could be positive, but these look like high school jerseys designed by a Wild Irish Rose whino.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I don't have an eye for fashion, but I honestly don't understand the level of vitriol these uniforms are getting. I truly don't get it.

Would block numbering have been better? Yes. Could the design of the stripes have been less "generic?" Certainly. But what we have here is a simple and clean jersey design without superfluous bells and whistles. Just enough stripes to evoke the tiger motif without overdoing it, and it puts more emphasis on the helmet. For my money, it's a marked improvement over the current kits. Can't wait to buy one.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well? Did they release them yet?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, he’s telling you that you saw a crappy knockoff on a hanger in a pic taken on someone’s damn phone. They’re obviously going to look much different on the players, at an official reveal. People still might hate the design (I’m sure plenty will), but I guarantee they look better than they did in those pics.

(04-14-2021, 01:29 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: That won't be hard. Come on. An eBay pic versus pro-photographers? I'm sure they'll look much better than we expect.

Kind of like when they throw a pound if makeup on Kathy Griffin & then photoshop the shit out of her? Photographer's are down right illusionists these days!

Honestly, I've hated the current uniforms since they debuted. Like, repulsed by them. So, even a new kind if horrible is welcomed by me.

The ones on the hanger literally look so so soooooo mom & pop. Like, a kids halloween costume a mom made with a bare bones budget. A black shirt and some orange stripes with a number? ZZzzzZzZzz

And why are the stripes front to back while the helmet is side to side? WTF? There is NO WAY the Bengals hired an outside design or consulting firm to work with. If these are indeed representative of the concept, I would guess they had Nike's in house people send them designs and just picked one on a random Fri afternoon before taking off for vacation. Bummer because the Bengals colors and tiger theme leave sooooo much to work with from a design and creativityativity standpoint.
Reply/Quote
Uniform reveal Apr 19th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to reserve judgement until we see them up close and in action, but I'm alright with what I've seen so far.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: Uniform reveal Apr 19th

Reply/Quote
can't believe they won't have a Bates jersey ready to go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 11:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Only one jersey to be given away. ONE. 1. game over

Reply/Quote
Do we know for sure 100% these are the new jerseys? What are the chances they unveil something completely different?
Reply/Quote