Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Uniforms leaked
(04-14-2021, 12:24 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: Do we know for sure 100% these are the new jerseys? What are the chances they unveil something completely different?

no, we don't know for sure if the leaked jerseys are the official ones.  If they aren't the new jerseys then its a 100% chance they unveil something completely different.   If they are the jerseys then its a 0% chance they unveil something different

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Orange pants?

https://twitter.com/autyelmore/status/1382347816907968514
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: Uniform reveal Apr 19th

That’s actually a pretty good watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
With all the stripe hype, if they look ugly the morale is going to tank here.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: no, we don't know for sure if the leaked jerseys are the official ones.  If they aren't the new jerseys then its a 100% chance they unveil something completely different.   If they are the jerseys then its a 0% chance they unveil something different

You must be fun at parties.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think the current jersey is fine, if they got rid of the stupid white side panels and went back to block numbers they would be fine. That said, I'm willing to give the new uniform a chance, just a shame it looks like no block numbers on the new ones either. It's a shame, our "color rush" uniforms are boss.
Reply/Quote
That was a nice vid.

Love the 2004 uni's the best myself that Chad and Housh wore.

I do like the white color rush. Just hope they don't look like those pics we saw.

Oh well, at least we would still have the coolest helmets in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a nice vid.

Love the 2004 uni's the best myself that Chad and Housh wore.

I do like the white color rush. Just hope they don't look like those pics we saw.

Oh well, at least we would still have the coolest helmets in the NFL.

The latest uniforms, 2004, were my least favorite of the last 35 years. I hated them as soon as they walked out to show them off at the release. Absolutely mortified. Too me, they were gumbo. Too many ideas and tbey just threw them all together. Hated the entire thing. The orange didn't ecen match the helmet.

But, it's all subjective!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 04:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The latest uniforms, 2004, were my least favorite of the last 35 years. I hated them as soon as they walked out to show them off at the release. Absolutely mortified. Too me, they were gumbo. Too many ideas and tbey just threw them all together. Hated the entire thing. The orange didn't ecen match the helmet.

But, it's all subjective!

Yeah, I guess that is when I really got back into watching my Bengals again cause they started to get competitive.

I can understand your point of them being a bit TOO flashy.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 12:39 PM)phil413 Wrote: With all the stripe hype, if they look ugly the morale is going to tank here.

We'd just be beating the usual morale tanking that happens mid-October or so when the losses have started piling up and reality has set in Cry

Only five more days until our imaginations can stop running wild.  Here's hoping we get a clean, simplified design that doesn't look like it needs a volume knob.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I just hope the leaping tiger is gone for good.

While they're at it they should redo this  Tiger  

They could definitely get a more menacing modern tiger design.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I am not a guy who usually gets too upset or too excited over uniforms. But there is a new trend that is driving me crazy.

I am an NBA fan and every team now has so many different uniforms that it is impossible to tell what teams are playing when you first turn on a game. I though uniforms were about establishing a brand, but now they actually hide the brand instead of emphasize it.

I thought this was mainly an NBA issue, but now it is starting in baseball also. The Boston Red Sox now have a set of uniforms that are yellow and light blue. I can't even wrap my head around how they came up with that. if oyu see a guy wearing a yellow baseball jersey on the street are you going to even think of the Red Sox?

[Image: eytcpkrwuaeqoph.jpg?w=1200]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a guy who usually gets too upset or too excited over uniforms. But there is a new trend that is driving me crazy.

I am an NBA fan and every team now has so many different uniforms that it is impossible to tell what teams are playing when you first turn on a game. I though uniforms were about establishing a brand, but now they actually hide the brand instead of emphasize it.

I thought this was mainly an NBA issue, but now it is starting in baseball also. The Boston Red Sox now have a set of uniforms that are yellow and light blue. I can't even wrap my head around how they came up with that. if oyu see a guy wearing a yellow baseball jersey on the street are you going to even think of the Red Sox?

Yes!!!!

It makes me feel like a grumpy old man, but I turned on the Lakers/ Nets game the other night. The Lakers are in white with blue trim. The Nets... Black and orange. Without Davis and Lebron in the game, it took me at least 5 minutes to figure out who was who.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a guy who usually gets too upset or too excited over uniforms. But there is a new trend that is driving me crazy.

I just don’t understand what happened with the NBA. About a decade ago, each team started rolling out an absurd number of uniforms (some of them even had sleeves Sick ). A few years back, they were supposed to do away with “home” and “away” uniforms, and were going with “statement” and “city” uniforms. I swear they said each team would have a minimum of 3 options, and a maximum of 4.... that clearly wasn’t the case Whatever

Now it appears baseball is joining in on the bull****. I blame Oregon football for starting this crap 14 years ago.
Reply/Quote
I prefer old style uniforms, with the exception of the Emerald NY Jets, but I can also see why the NBA has so many wacky alternatives.  If the NFL had 80 games per season they'd probably shake up the uniforms a bit, too.

At the same time I am baffled why our colorless rush jerseys are so popular. 
Reply/Quote
I'm with Fred. A little too much "play dress-up" going on in sports these days.
Reply/Quote
Yet here they are getting put on blast for launching a simplified jersey without excessive bells and whistles.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 07:19 PM)yang Wrote: I guess I am in the vast minority but I think these suck.  Why don't we add tiger tails to them and give the players fake tiger noses while we're at it.  I mean I don't usually give two shits about the uni's and still hate these. 

Stripes going in different directions, different sizes, colors flipped it's like Jackson Pollack designed them.  Ugh.  The shoulder stripes are goofy.  

They look ******** but then again it is the bengals so nothing surprises. They time and time again let us down. If these are them they are atrocious
Reply/Quote
[Image: jf6atenqq7t61.jpg]
Reply/Quote