Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Uniforms leaked
(03-08-2021, 11:24 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If these are real, how pissed do you think the Bengals are that they were leaked?

Remember, they've already said that the new design would not be unveiled in March.  So that means they were probably a month away at the least.

I'm sure they were/are planning a number of things for the official release.  Obviously professional photos, players moedleing and wearing them, and some social media and marketing behind them (post, videos, etc)

That's all a bit ruined if this are ineed the real deal.  I mean, they can still do all of this, but if they unveil what everybody has now seen it's going to take the wind out of the sails so to speak.

Someone screwed up big time if these are legit.  The Bengals, Nike, the Seller.... take your pick.  Probably a good chance it's some combination of all three.  (Bengal were unrealistic how long they could keep it a secret, Nike let their product get out, or the seller broke some sort of agreement)

If these are indeed the new uni's, if the Bengals are smart they'll push up that release now.  You can't have people waiting an entire month to only unveil the same damn thing they saw weeks ago.

I almost feel bad for them. Of course the first uniform change in 15 years would get spoiled. Its incredible. This doesnt happen to any other team. 

Who is the seller on ebay? How did they get them? I tried to track down their profile but cant find the actual ebay listing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I almost feel bad for them. Of course the first uniform change in 15 years would get spoiled. Its incredible. This doesnt happen to any other team. 

Who is the seller on ebay? How did they get them? I tried to track down their profile but cant find the actual ebay listing. 

It's likely some squeeler playing some hoax on the fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Nothing showed up in your original post. What was released before the Bengals jersey reveal in 2004?

Orange versions of the Corey dillon’s
Reply/Quote
If these are the new uniforms, in my opinion they are cleaner and much better than the current versions.

So management gets a "like" from this former long time fan and recently highly skeptical observer. 

I personally wish they would go to the all white rush uniform but keep the traditional helmets as the alternative to the black jersey.

I'm not a fan of the orange jersey which turns the Bengals into the Cincinnati Browns or Bears.

They cannot please everyone with uniform selection but I think these are a step in a better direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:03 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: I now have 100% certainty these are not the jerseys. After all there will be no AJ Green. Also the numbers aren’t even the same length.

Joe Goodberry basically confirmed these were the jerseys
Reply/Quote
If these are legit, it is tough to give a gut reaction based on a lame photo and the jersey looking like it's being sold at a flee market. Mostly, I'm not too worried about what they'll be wearing. I just want to see Zac not suck as a coach.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 06:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I get where you might think that, but he's openly discussed that he's talked to people in the organization about the jerseys and they've described to him what's coming. While he may not be able to confirm some things, I'm guessing he's pretty dialed in on this one. 

right and someone used the description to create cheap knock offs to sell on ebay...

Dots arent hard to put together.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I almost feel bad for them. Of course the first uniform change in 15 years would get spoiled. Its incredible. This doesnt happen to any other team. 

It happens to a lot of teams nowadays. At least half of last year's new uniforms - Falcons, Jets, & Rams - were leaked. The same source for these Bengals jerseys may have also leaked this year's throwback jerseys for the Browns and 49ers. Teams almost have to expect them to be leaked at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right and someone used the description to create cheap knock offs to sell on ebay...

Dots arent hard to put together.

The only thing that I think really puts a wrench in this idea is the Paul Brown signature on the inside collar.  I could maybe see someone creating some fake jersey but that seems like a detail that no one would think of or bother to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The only thing that I think really puts a wrench in this idea is the Paul Brown signature on the inside collar.  I could maybe see someone creating some fake jersey but that seems like a detail that no one would think of or bother to do.

how would anyone get ahold of a jersey that hasnt even been revealed to resell it online? i mean the look like Kmart knock offs for 15 bucks... the signature could be the only way the could sell them

But if it is real its really sad... the designs are bad (colors are bronco colors at least on my screen)
Reply/Quote
They should just release 'em now. These rollouts are dumb.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how would anyone get ahold of a jersey that hasnt even been revealed to resell it online? 

I'm just assuming the design was finalized and went to production.  Maybe the Bengals wanted to take time after the finished product was actually produced and in their hands, to work on an unveiling and marketing campaign.

Who knows what is going on though. I really hope the Bengals speed up their unveiling and don't wait until April still.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how would anyone get ahold of a jersey that hasnt even been revealed to resell it online?  i mean the look like Kmart knock offs for 15 bucks...  the signature could be the only way the could sell them

But if it is real its really sad... the designs are bad (colors are bronco colors at least on my screen)

Well there is several different people involved in the creation and production of the jersey's. 

And what is concerning to me is two things.

1) As others have mentioned, the Paul Brown signature on the collar is very specific and not something you would just randomly think to add.

2) People have asked why is it 18 and A.J. Green, that is actually why I think these could be real. The company producing them for Nike, may have gone off the current roster and that includes A.J. Green. Since it is a given he won't be back with the team, if that jersey went missing from production it wouldn't be missed in Cincinnati. Making it the perfect jersey for someone else to sell on-line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Is the cat outta the bag or is this just a cruel early April Fool's joke?
Reply/Quote
I love em. Clean and simple.
Reply/Quote
Keep it mid 2000's is my opinion, the Chad/Housh/Palmer era...

If those uni's be real that they are pimpin' they be the Ug Lee sisters. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:22 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: To me, it's even worse because the helmet's so cool and classic...but the jersey is so cheap and generic looking. 

I just can't see this being the actual design...especially with how much they've hyped it.

[Image: burrow-new-stripe.webp]
If this is the black I love the jersey.   Don't know how that will work in white and orange (I can't open twitter stuff).   But the black is awesome to me.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Reply/Quote
They are NOT Orange and BLUE, people! (I've seen a couple posts mention blue.)
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 06:19 PM)Tomkat Wrote: They are NOT Orange and BLUE, people! (I've seen a couple posts mention blue.)

Yeah, I don’t get the Bears comparison either.

Reply/Quote