Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Uniforms
(01-13-2019, 01:32 AM)jason Wrote: They do it for recruiting purposes. We all know Oregon started it. Phil Knight realized that a school that had no tradition had to turn to something else as a selling point. So Nike designed all of these stupid uniforms with 600 different combinations to impress stupid kids. It worked like a charm... The NBA is doing it too. Each team has 97 unis, and they even change the court itself.

Oh I’m aware. College uniforms are 90% eyesores these days. Even Notre Dame got in on the act this year with their Yankee Stadium uniforms. Nothing is sacred anymore. Damn kids these days Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:54 AM)Ravage Wrote: I don't know, I don't work for the NFL. I just know it's a rule. However, assuming the NCAA gives a damn about their student-athletes well being is a hilariously bad assumption to make.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/an-nfl-safety-rule-is-limiting-the-full-potential-of-new-uniform-designs-091616

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/eagles-throwbacks-kelly-green-nfl-helmet-rule-patriots-rams

Oh I’m well aware that the NCAA couldn’t care less about their student athletes well-being. I never assumed they were. I’m just saying the NFL using “safety” as an excuse to limit teams to one helmet is BS.

There are other reasons at play there. What they are, I have no idea. Could be financial reasons, could be sheer laziness (or some even some combination of the two) who knows?
Reply/Quote
I wanna bring back our former uniforms before our current ones now. Just as a throwback uni.
Reply/Quote
Not so much for the NFL or even college.but i like the NBAs plethora of unis for each team
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: katie-blackburn-bengals.jpg?w=292&h=300]

[Image: th?id=OIP.hA6zC6SXzNDPpEK6bdqzpAHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:21 AM)tree Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-riddell.jpg]

1)  Make that our new helmet

2)  Get rid of the stupid white piping on the side of the uni:

[Image: 32c32ba3d888bf429dcebcefba936a00.jpg]

Call it a day.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:59 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Not so much for the NFL or even college.but i like the NBAs plethora of unis for each team

I don’t hate the NBA uniforms, but I think there’s too many. Last year it was announced each team would only have four uniforms to choose from. Now there’s seemingly a dozen per team. A bit overkill
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: 1)  Make that our new helmet

2)  Get rid of the stupid white piping on the side of the uni:

[Image: 32c32ba3d888bf429dcebcefba936a00.jpg]

Call it a day.

I miss Reebok... the difference between them and Nike is subtle but the Reebok uniforms looked like football uniforms. Nike looks... different somehow. Can’t quite put my finger on it
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never going to happen. That "B" stands for Brown, as in Paul Brown.... they'll never get rid of it as long as the Brown's own the team.

The "B" stands for "Bengals".

Lots of professional sports teams use the first letter of their team name as their logo.
Reply/Quote
Color rush jersey looks "blah", and it definitely does not work with our orange/black helmet.

Since we are pretty much the only team in the league that has a helmet that actually looks like our mascot (same colors) I'd like to see our entire uniforms striped like the helmet. Maybe even add a tiger tail on the back. Of course it would have to be "tear away" so that our ball carriers could not be tackled by their tails.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Color rush jersey looks "blah", and it definitely does not work with our orange/black helmet.

Since we are pretty much the only team in the league that has a helmet that actually looks like our mascot (same colors) I'd like to see our entire uniforms striped like the helmet. Maybe even add a tiger tail on the back. Of course it would have to be "tear away" so that our ball carriers could not be tackled by their tails.

How bout some ears and whiskers on the helmets too?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:18 PM)jason Wrote: How bout some ears and whiskers on the helmets too?

And face masks shaped like teeth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:20 PM)McC Wrote: And face masks shaped like teeth.

I like it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: I like it...

And make the uniforms out of fur.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:28 PM)McC Wrote: And make the uniforms out of fur.

And, instead of humans, have actual large cats play for our team.

I'd buy that for a dollar.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: I like it...

Ears would be pretty damned hilarious.

Reply/Quote
Just bring back the 80s uniforms, they were the best looking anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:30 PM)McC Wrote: Ears would be pretty damned hilarious.

Yep, put furry pussycat ears on the helmets, and tell the players they can't take them off until they win a Super Bowl....
Reply/Quote
Our current uniforms are awful IMO.

Get rid of everything except the helmet. Go with a more minimalist, simplistic design.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They mess the the helmet, we riot.

I’m actually fine with our current uniforms, but I would love to replace or whites with the color rush. Best looking jersey we have, imo.

Get rid of the stupid white stripe on the sides of the black jersey. And get rid of the 3D numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote