Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New model - Jacksonville?
(12-18-2017, 10:25 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That was Brian Cushing.  Wasn't his great play due to PED's?  I forget what happened to him exactly.

Edit:  I just looked it up.  Apparently he is still on the team.  I guess I just haven't heard much from him lately.

yep...
that first yr he was really good....
won def rook of the yr... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Love almost all ideas suggested.

But cheapskate MB is still our biggest problem along with PA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Jacksonville has drafted really well over the years too and accumulated a bunch of young talent...then they brought in some big name free agents and trades to take it to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 11:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jacksonville has drafted really well over the years too and accumulated a bunch of young talent...then they brought in some big name free agents and trades to take it to the next level.

They have, but they also drafted in the top 5 most years, so it was pretty easy to get a really good player. Plus they had a lot of needs at that time so they really could go true BPA and that player would start as a rookie or sophomore.
What Jacksonville did after all those really good drafts was realize they only have a couple years of keeping those good young players on the cheap before those players hit FA, so they brought in some key top-notch FAs to get their team to the next level. They recognized their window was open and could close within a few years once these players come off their rookie contracts.

Maybe the Bengals need to draft a few years in the top 5 before they have a good chance at competing again given they aren't aggressive in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The model is giving Coughlin the reigns - something that will never happen here with Mikey Boy.

[Image: dumb_thinker.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it is ever wise to chase a 'model' that has worked for other franchises.

Usually, by the time you have mirrored the model, the model is outdated.

You have to create your own way in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking the Jaguars and Bengals both had giant flaws going into this season that they chose to ignore. Our o-line was bad and their QB was bad. They're not suffering as much as we are, but both teams sure did kick that can down the road.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think it is ever wise to chase a 'model' that has worked for other franchises.

Usually, by the time you have mirrored the model, the model is outdated.

You have to create your own way in the NFL.

We are the kings of that.  If only it was a way that could ever work.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 03:58 PM)McC Wrote: We are the kings of that.  If only it was a way that could ever work.

It will work when Mikey is gone and the next owner would give the coach the reigns to build the team as he sees fit.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 04:53 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It will work when Mikey is gone and the next owner would give the coach the reigns to build the team as he sees fit.

Or SHE...
[Image: 062500blackburn.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or SHE...

Wait.... That's superb form! Maybe she should try out for the starting QB spot.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or SHE...

Kind of funny that everyone complains about Marvin and wants Katie running the show...when Katie is the one who wanted Marvin and MB wanted Coughlin.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 04:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of funny that everyone complains about Marvin and wants Katie running the show...when Katie is the one who wanted Marvin and MB wanted Coughlin.

Good point, but would Coughlin had been as good while working for Mike Brown?
Or would Marvin have been better if working for Katie Blackburn as the owner?

These are life's mysteries!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 04:53 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It will work when Mikey is gone and the next owner would give the coach the reigns to build the team as he sees fit.

Then that would make it a different way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote