Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-19-2023, 12:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The only thing I found that even mentioned IR was a CBS story about why putting him on IR might be the best route. But that is one reporters opinion, not a news story. This is a big nothing burger.

Yeah, I don't see anything either. However, I do personally expect him to go on IR. I am just not seeing any rumors about that actually happening just yet.

We will have more clarity tomorrow, probably. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trade Tee to Vikings for Cousins straight up. Right now. (assuming Burrow is going to IR).

I bet you could get him for less than that.  Once the season is over the Vikings would get nothing for him so I can't see them asking for a first rounder and they definitely aren't interested in another WR right now.  A second rounder would probably get the job done unless the jets are desperate and think cousins give them a shot at an SB in which case the the price goes up and they ask for too much.

The reason I say too much is if you get him what do you do at seasons end?  Can trade him as his contact is up and you have no intention of re-upping him as you have burrow.  So if you don't win a SB you're just throwing draft capital in the trash.

That's why these Madden trade ideas are stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The only thing I found that even mentioned IR was a CBS story about why putting him on IR might be the best route. But that is one reporters opinion, not a news story. This is a big nothing burger.

It's the biggest nothingburger since Burrow's calf injury, itself. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can’t see them putting him on IR, it would be basically tapping out on the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:27 PM)pally Wrote: Joe said he tweaked the calf and yes it was painful.  He added that he would have come in for the last series if they had one.  They will know more over the next couple of days.  They have to see how it responds to treatment

Thanks Pally, I didn't watch the game nor heard about any of this until now. So I would like to hear it from the team that Burrow is 
still hurt and see how he responds before thinking the worst. I didn't think the injury was the problem with his play in the Stains game
as there was so much other things going on terrible for us. I was wrong clearly it seems and we DID bring him back too early.

Sad, I would like to keep positive but I have no hope in Browning or Will Grier in getting us wins. Grier is late to the party and is just 
learning the playbook and Browning just isn't starting caliber. Hope somebody gives me some hope on here.

This was shocking when hearing about this to me this morning. I just thought Burrow and the Offense were still rusty and that was 
the reason for the poor start against the Rats.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: I can’t see them putting him on IR, it would be basically tapping out on the season.

Yep, will be playing for a new OC and a new high draft pick if this is the case. I would have to say goodbye to Zac Taylor as well with
these poor starts and the decision to play Burrow when it was clearly not healed. Rough all the way around.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Pally, I didn't watch the game nor heard about any of this until now. So I would like to hear it from the team that Burrow is 
still hurt and see how he responds before thinking the worst. I didn't think the injury was the problem with his play in the Stains game
as there was so much other things going on terrible for us. I was wrong clearly it seems and we DID bring him back too early.

Sad, I would like to keep positive but I have no hope in Browning or Will Grier in getting us wins. Grier is late to the party and is just 
learning the playbook and Browning just isn't starting caliber. Hope somebody gives me some hope on here.

This was shocking when hearing about this to me this morning. I just thought Burrow and the Offense were still rusty and that was 

Everyone is acting like this was some boneheaded decision. There is no way to know when these things are healed. Burrow said he was 100%, are they supposed to call him a liar and bench him during 2 Division games? Calf injuries can linger, and there is no timetable. I guess they could have played it safe and put him on season ending IR though, right? Because he could have sat till game 6, and then re-aggravated it then. It's luck of the draw.
As for Browning, I'm not sure people aren't selling him short. He worked with Palmer in the off season, his escapability in the pocket is close to Burrow's, and we've never seen him out there with the #1s having had a week of reps. I'd like to see what he can do before writing him off. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:13 PM)motoarch Wrote: I bet you could get him for less than that.  Once the season is over the Vikings would get nothing for him so I can't see them asking for a first rounder and they definitely aren't interested in another WR right now.  A second rounder would probably get the job done unless the jets are desperate and think cousins give them a shot at an SB in which case the the price goes up and they ask for too much.

The reason I say too much is if you get him what do you do at seasons end?  Can trade him as his contact is up and you have no intention of re-upping him as you have burrow.  So if you don't win a SB you're just throwing draft capital in the trash.

That's why these Madden trade ideas are stupid.

Well, my thought is that we're probably not going to resign Tee so at best we'll tag him, but if Burrow is done for the season, can't do much better than Cousins as a replacement. So, basically, you're giving up probably 1 or 2 more seasons of Tee to have a high quality guy at QB for the rest of this season. Then after the season let him sign elsewhere unless he wants to stay as our backup for the vet minimum lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone is acting like this was some boneheaded decision. There is no way to know when these things are healed. Burrow said he was 100%, are they supposed to call him a liar and bench him during 2 Division games? Calf injuries can linger, and there is no timetable. I guess they could have played it safe and put him on season ending IR though, right? Because he could have sat till game 6, and then re-aggravated it then. It's luck of the draw.
As for Browning, I'm not sure people aren't selling him short. He worked with Palmer in the off season, his escapability in the pocket is close to Burrow's, and we've never seen him out there with the #1s having had a week of reps. I'd like to see what he can do before writing him off. 

Alright Sled. Probably all of this is correct. Sorry, was shocked by this news this morning and it got me emotional which leads to 
stupidity very often lol

We will see with Browning, I thought he was clearly better than Siemian in the preseason but that isn't saying much.

Browning going against actual NFL starters frightens me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Shut him down. He's obviously hurt and could risk further and more serious injury.

Most everyone here thinks this team has a championship caliber roster. Roll with Jake Browning and let's see what they've got. With the schedule they have for the next 4 weeks, they could easily go 2-2 and have Burrow back after the bye.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Pally, I didn't watch the game nor heard about any of this until now. So I would like to hear it from the team that Burrow is 

How is your life so important that you have waited this long to view the game!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How is your life so important that you have waited this long to view the game!!!!!!

Eh, been really busy and just saw that we lost again and didn't want to hear all the negativity.

Hate coming on here after a loss especially when we are 0-2 again.

Burrow being hurt again was never a thing in any of the other sports news I saw, this surprised me is all.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, been really busy and just saw that we lost again and didn't want to hear all the negativity.

Hate coming on here after a loss especially when we are 0-2 again.

Burrow being hurt again was never a thing in any of the other sports news I saw, this surprised me is all.

This board, other than PhilHos, is Mr./Ms. Realistic with a dash of Mr./Ms. Negative.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone is acting like this was some boneheaded decision. There is no way to know when these things are healed. Burrow said he was 100%, are they supposed to call him a liar and bench him during 2 Division games? Calf injuries can linger, and there is no timetable. I guess they could have played it safe and put him on season ending IR though, right? Because he could have sat till game 6, and then re-aggravated it then. It's luck of the draw.

Agree with all point, including Browning. We just don't know. Would have loved for the team to actually have him passing against Cleveland, when he was in for almost half a quarter, instead of one pass, mostly runs, and kneel downs.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This board, other than PhilHos, is Mr./Ms. Realistic with a dash of Mr./Ms. Negative.

You're right about me, but you got the other part backwards.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They have to know by now. Any test/diagnostic they would have run would have results already.

Of course, doesn’t mean they’ll tell us anything.

I’m watching the point spread.

The line is saying Burrow is not expected too play Monday night but he isn't out yet just unlikely. The IR rumors are probably that because their hasnt been a significant jump in Bengals futures. I bet on sports 24/7 I would know
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, my thought is that we're probably not going to resign Tee so at best we'll tag him, but if Burrow is done for the season, can't do much better than Cousins as a replacement. So, basically, you're giving up probably 1 or 2 more seasons of Tee to have a high quality guy at QB for the rest of this season. Then after the season let him sign elsewhere unless he wants to stay as our backup for the vet minimum lol

I agree with that for the most part its just why would the vikings want Tee?  It's not like adding him is a benefit to them at this point.  They're basically going to be in a rebuild after this season and will be looking to replace cousins and adding a big time wide out won't really help them, especially one that will probably won't to be paid.

It's not that you're wrong in your assessment (you're not) it's that the Vikings don't want or need Tee so there's no up side for them in this trade.  But maybe some combination of picks would work if he'd be willing to take a lesser roll next season for a reasonable price.  I don't think he will.  I think cousins believes he's still got a few elite years left.  His words I made up he said, not mine. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:38 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Shut him down.  He's obviously hurt and could risk further and more serious injury.  

Most everyone here thinks this team has a championship caliber roster.  Roll with Jake Browning and let's see what they've got.  With the schedule they have for the next 4 weeks, they could easily go 2-2 and have Burrow back after the bye.

So we'd be 2-4 if we go 2-2.

To make the playoffs, we likely need to go 10-7.

That's an 8-3 finish.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: Rumors continue Burrow headed to IR

By rumor, do you mean opinion article?

Why putting Joe Burrow on injured reserve might be best way for Bengals to save their season - CBSSports.com
Reply/Quote
Browning or Grier may just surprise lots of people if given a chance.
Reply/Quote