Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-19-2023, 11:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: Rumors continue Burrow headed to IR

All going back to having a franchise QB practice rolling out, early in training camp, while already needing a calf sleeve.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

That may indicate we may bring in a vet QB after all. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but where are the rumors coming from? Remember, Tee Higgins was rumored to have signed an extension earlier this offseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So we have a talented team that’s ready to compete for a Super Bowl but the QB is injured?
Sit Burrow for the season to get him healthy for next year and go sign Tom Brady.
Partial season for the $17 million or so the Bengals have available.

I know it’s never gonna happen but can you imagine the pressure on Burrow if they did this and Brady led them to a SB win then retired again?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:54 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I think you see how Monday game goes... if you drop 0-3 then the Bengals need to face reality that a post-season berth is unlikely.

Trading Tee and "tanking" can have you right back in the thick of things in 2024 as much as I hate to throw this season away.

Agree except keep Tee and get rid of Chase.
Reply/Quote
Don’t think it’s a rumour about Burrow anymore more of an expectation.

This is why it’s important to have a competent QB2 and not some make a wish kid like we currently have.

Luckily our schedule isn’t the hardest over the next few weeks that gives us half a chance but I’d feel much better with Wentz I’d even feel happy enough if we still had Allen and that’s saying something.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:41 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Wonder if Browns boards are cryin about the no DPI on that last play? Pitts DB about pulled receivers jersey off with both hands and no flag? NFL and MLB have real problems with play calling. Home plate umps can't tell a ball from a strike.

Well that was Jerry Porter Jr., and he can't be treated any different then Jerry Porter Sr. No flags on the Porters. It's in the NFL rulebook.
Reply/Quote
I'm a biased CFL enthusiast but I wish we had claimed Nathan Rourke off waivers when the Jags cut and practice squadded him.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote:
Yeah, but where are the rumors coming from?
Remember, Tee Higgins was rumored to have signed an extension earlier this offseason.

Tony
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tony

I'm only paying any attention to rumors since the official word on Burrows health has been so inaccurate thus far. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that was Jerry Porter Jr., and he can't be treated any different then Jerry Porter Sr. No flags on the Porters. It's in the NFL rulebook.

Bengals players all legally change their name to Porter. Mug everyone on the field on every play. Refs don't know what to do. Ninja
Reply/Quote
They have to know by now. Any test/diagnostic they would have run would have results already.

Of course, doesn’t mean they’ll tell us anything.

I’m watching the point spread.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:41 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Wonder if Browns boards are cryin about the no DPI on that last play? Pitts DB about pulled receivers jersey off with both hands and no flag? NFL and MLB have real problems with play calling. Home plate umps can't tell a ball from a strike.

[Image: Steeler_Ref.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:28 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So we have a talented team that’s ready to compete for a Super Bowl but the QB is injured?  
Sit Burrow for the season to get him healthy for next year and go sign Tom Brady.
Partial season for the $17 million or so the Bengals have available.

I know it’s never gonna happen but can you imagine the pressure on Burrow if they did this and Brady led them to a SB win then retired again?
Brady is part owner of the raiders so I don't think he's coming out of retirement to play for any other team.

Though I'm not suggesting this is a good idea on any level; the Vikings are probably not going to resign cousins when his contract expires at the end of this season so he'd probably be available to trade.  I don't know what the asking price would be but seeing as the jets might be interested the price might not be worth it for a guy you're gonna be to off load for nothing at seasons end when his contract expires.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm only paying any attention to rumors since the official word on Burrows health has been so inaccurate thus far. 

The only thing I found that even mentioned IR was a CBS story about why putting him on IR might be the best route. But that is one reporters opinion, not a news story. This is a big nothing burger.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:20 PM)motoarch Wrote: Brady is part owner of the raiders so I don't think he's coming out of retirement to play for any other team.

Though I'm not suggesting this is a good idea on any level; the Vikings are probably not going to resign cousins when his contract expires at the end of this season so he'd probably be available to trade.  I don't know what the asking price would be but seeing as the jets might be interested the price might not be worth it for a guy you're gonna be to off load for nothing at seasons end when his contract expires.

Trade Tee to Vikings for Cousins straight up. Right now. (assuming Burrow is going to IR).
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That may indicate we may bring in a vet QB after all. 

That would be my guess.  If they handled it like they did with Chase last year, perhaps I'd believe otherwise.

We'll see.  

Kicking the recovery down the road doesn't lead to anything good here.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm only paying any attention to rumors since the official word on Burrows health has been so inaccurate thus far. 

Has it tho. It's been inaccurate based on people's opinions on this board. Everyone kept mocking those who reported he was worse off then reported. They mocked those who took Chase seriously when Chase tried to avoid what we are seeing happen now, they mocked those who claimed he had setbacks after being seen before the preseason game throwing, they mocked those who said he hadn't been practicing despite teammates claims of him not practicing (he was doing thing behind closed doors secret to all!), they mocked Zac not naming him a starter as foolishly trying to fool the Browns, they mocked the media for running with this idea that Burrow may not be healthy...

I'd argue everyone but Bengals fans have been right all along. We have just been wishfully thinking they were wrong or exaggerating. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Has it tho. It's been inaccurate based on people's opinions on this board. Everyone kept mocking those who reported he was worse off then reported. They mocked those who took Chase seriously when Chase tried to avoid what we are seeing happen now, they mocked those who claimed he had setbacks after being seen before the preseason game throwing, they mocked those who said he hadn't been practicing despite teammates claims of him not practicing (he was doing thing behind closed doors secret to all!), they mocked Zac not naming him a starter as foolishly trying to fool the Browns, they mocked the media for running with this idea that Burrow may not be healthy...

I'd argue everyone but Bengals fans have been right all along. We have just been wishfully thinking they were wrong or exaggerating. 

Very good summary. And boy, have we been through the ups and downs --the wringer if you will -- with these back and forth viewpoints.

On the other hand, there was also the report of Dr. Tim Kremcheck, the chief orthopedic surgeon for the Cincinnati Reds, who seemed to have inside knowledge and reported it was a grade 1 strain and that Burrow would be fully recovered in 3 weeks from the time of the injury. I was kind of hanging on that one for a while, before the ups and downs of those negative reports and counterpoints that you summarized.
Reply/Quote

I can't imagine going through life, being this miserable...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote