Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
Rub some dirt on it. Get back in there.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry we have very little information to verify the assumption that his calf issue was going to linger... We have no clue what the doctors were saying, what trainers were saying and lets be honest no clue what Burrow was saying behind the scenes.  Though i believe Joe was quoted saying he would be ready and good to go for Game 1, if he actually said that then from your perspective more blame on Joe since he led the Bengals down a road of we are all good.

I also remember reading a few experts say this could feel good but aggravate like a hamstring.. these type of injury could just pop up after you feel fine. 

The way we played 1st game, regardless if Burrow was 100% we were losing that game and might be sitting 1-1.  The team needs to play better as a whole, and is good enough to win with the backups we have on roster if they play to the level we have seen in the recent past.

Well I said we don't know what the doctors were saying but the team did. Even if we assume it's a hard injury to gauge and it can linger and possibly flare up after it feels better. Then the team still should've prepared for worst case scenario. I do not think Jake Browning is coming in and winning. Maybe if we are top defense which I don't think we do at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can we get a wild card spot with 7 losses. 11 wins may be the magic number. 10 may do it, but they may need help.

Can we go 2-2 over the next 4 with a backup. 1-3. Burrow is set to miss time and it’s what’s best for his future so you hate to see it but each year has its on challenge.

If we go 0-6 (Which with Zac calling plays, it’s likely). Sit Burrow for the season and hope the top 5 pick came attract some draft capital.

First I would like to say I'm a player first fan. I would hate to lose Higgins. That being said if worst case scenario Burrow is out multiple weeks and we lose every game and the front office knows most likely we won't be resigning Higgins. I hope we trade him before the deadline if we can at least get a 2nd rounder. I shouldn't even be saying that but I've fallen into the doom portal.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I said we don't know what the doctors were saying but the team did. Even if we assume it's a hard injury to gauge and it can linger and possibly flare up after it feels better. Then the team still should've prepared for worst case scenario. I do not think Jake Browning is coming in and winning. Maybe if we are top defense which I don't think we do at the moment.

Well we won;t know till he gets under center. the team is talented enough and has played well enough before to win with a young QB... It is not that easy to always get solid backups, there are not that many plus some want to go to a team they have a chance of maybe unseeding the starter.. that is not happening here. Also look at a few other teams with their backups.. Sieman has more games and starts under his belt a few backups of solid QBS such as Kyle Allen backs up Allen, Easton Stick is Herbert backup White backup to Tua.. Dobbs back up to Jackson, These are not quality backups but it is not like a ton of backups with experience are out there. Sieman was expected to be the backup but he played bad...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if he’s out then time to tank. We could  a high pick for more picks, get a top tackle or get Harrison Jr. No reason to go 7-10.  Well to be honest, they wouldn’t have to tank if they roll Browning out. It’s built in.

We've managed to stink like a fox in 2019 and 2020....maybe we just need to bottom out every few years to reload. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've managed to stink like a fox in 2019 and 2020....maybe we just need to bottom out every few years to reload. 

Sure seems like it’s the Bengals’ sweet spot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Genie popped out of the bottle, moved the calendar back 3 weeks, and made you HC of The Cincinnati Bengals.

You have the most expensive player in the history of the game, he says he's fine, the training staff clears him, and your ability to put food on the table is dependant on your W-L record.

What do you do?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The kid from Colorado who could be be an all pro at WR and CB right in Bengals wheel house 2 premium positions on a rookie deal we could trade TEE for a 2nd to find a Bates replacement get another RT with our remaining 2nd to get Burrow killed for another year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well we won;t know till he gets under center. the team is talented enough and has played well enough before to win with a young QB... It is not that easy to always get solid backups, there are not that many plus some want to go to a team they have a chance of maybe unseeding the starter.. that is not happening here. Also look at a few other teams with their backups.. Sieman has more games and starts under his belt a few backups of solid QBS such as  Kyle Allen backs up Allen,  Easton Stick is Herbert backup White backup to Tua.. Dobbs back up to Jackson,   These are not quality backups but it is not like a ton of backups with experience are out there.  Sieman was expected to be the backup but he played bad...

That's fair enough. I had thought as much during the preseason when people were screaming for a borderline starter at backup. I thought of all the reasons you just pointed out as to why we don't have one. I don't have faith in Browning but we would have to see it first like you said. I think the odds are very much against it though and hopefully Burrow can go.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Sure seems like it’s the Bengals’ sweet spot.

Again, that's what is odd about the Bengals.  We can just take an entire year off and the HC and the FO are all going to be here for decades.  A lot of teams make dumb panic moves they pay for when guys are putting their job over the health of the franchise, but with us?  Well, maybe Burrow snaps out of it and we're back in the mix before you know it, or maybe we just pull a 2019 and eventually realize we're not doing anything other than stinking for the future.

At least it's been more productive than the days we stunk for Akili Smith or David Klingler or Kijana Carter or....

(09-18-2023, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...your ability to put food on the table is dependant on your W-L record.

If I'm the HC of the Bengals and I made the SB in 2021 and the AFC Championship game in 2022, I'm going to be here for the next 20+ years regardless of what I do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Genie popped out of the bottle, moved the calendar back 3 weeks, and made you HC of The Cincinnati Bengals.

You have the most expensive player in the history of the game, he says he's fine, the training staff clears him, and your ability to put food on the table is dependant on your W-L record.

What do you do?

Can the genie turn it back to the 1st week of TC instead?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can the genie turn it back to the 1st week of TC instead?

Sure...Training Staff has cleared him and the player wants to be out there...

What do you do? Do you let him practice?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure...Training Staff has cleared him and the player wants to be out there...

What do you do? Do you let him practice?

If it was sore enough to need a compression sleeve I’d probably err on the side of caution.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If it was sore enough to need a compression sleeve I’d probably err on the side of caution.

So coach Nicomo sits players that show up early in PS that are wearing sleeves and wraps the day after their fitness test?

We were doing non-contact drills. We were in shorts. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Genie popped out of the bottle, moved the calendar back 3 weeks, and made you HC of The Cincinnati Bengals.

What do you do?

4.5 millón a year how am I gonna put food on the table god dayom, fawk - HELP!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So coach Nicomo sits players that show up early in PS that are wearing sleeves and wraps the day after their fitness test?

We were doing non-contact drills. We were in shorts. 

Players? No. The franchise? Yes.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Players? No. The franchise? Yes.

OK. You'd be in the vast minority...

We were in shorts running drills. 

Reply/Quote
And to be clear I’m not blaming Zac. Just answering the question since we’re talking genies and time machines.

Reply/Quote
Nick Chubb just had a gruesome injury. May have tore multiple ligaments.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nick Chubb just had a gruesome injury. May have tore multiple ligaments.

They said it was a direct shot on the knee by Minkah Fitzpatrick. I didn't see it happen and they are not showing it because they said it was gruesome.
Reply/Quote