Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-18-2023, 10:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: They said it was a direct shot on the knee by Minkah Fitzpatrick. I didn't see it happen and they are not showing it because they said it was gruesome.

Legs are not supposed to bend the way it did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think you see how Monday game goes... if you drop 0-3 then the Bengals need to face reality that a post-season berth is unlikely.

Trading Tee and "tanking" can have you right back in the thick of things in 2024 as much as I hate to throw this season away.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Legs are not supposed to bend the way it did.

That may have been the most gruesome injury in NFL history. You could hear his knee crack.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The kid from Colorado who could be be an all pro at WR and CB right in Bengals wheel house 2 premium positions on a rookie deal we could trade TEE for a 2nd to find a Bates replacement get another RT with our remaining 2nd to get Burrow killed for another year.

The kid has a lacerated liver, he is out for awhile.  

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Genie popped out of the bottle, moved the calendar back 3 weeks, and made you HC of The Cincinnati Bengals.

You have the most expensive player in the history of the game, he says he's fine, the training staff clears him, and your ability to put food on the table is dependant on your W-L record.

What do you do?

Develop run first gameplans that run right at Garret and co, use Carman as 6th OL to bludgeon that MF
Whether he likes it or not, put QB under center to allow for play action 
Make sure there is a RB as competent as Perine for blocking purposes ( in all fairness this should have been done > 3 weeks ago)
Make sure Irv is heavily involved 

This off the top of my head, until JB PROVES he is fully healthy 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: Joe Burrow just confirmed he re-tweaked his right calf...Says it's pretty sore right now.

Jeremy Rauch reported:

"Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.

Two losses and a calf injury is a terrible cocktail. #Bengals"

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1703501043886145676

Joe, just rub some dirt on it and get back out there!
Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 07:27 AM)SladeX Wrote: Develop run first gameplans that run right at Garret and co, use Carman as 6th OL to bludgeon that MF
Whether he likes it or not, put QB under center to allow for play action 
Make sure there is a RB as competent as Perine for blocking purposes ( in all fairness this should have been done > 3 weeks ago)
Make sure Irv is heavily involved 

This off the top of my head, until JB PROVES he is fully healthy 

But then the Bengals can't have both Boyd and Irv Smith out there!
Whatever will they do?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:51 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone sick of how Zac updates injuries? Like give it straight already... Always some dumb shit

Nope, not one bit. Why would he give out information to opponents?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:58 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: So it's the ole "day to day" thing. Looks like they wasted 5-6 weeks or whatever it was from original injury. He clearly wasn't ready, Sunday proved it and now they are gonna see if he can play in 7 days? He makes one hard pivot and yanks it again and he is done for the year. TV ratings and all. Grier and Browning better be working with 1st team this week.

The old hindsight is 20/20....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just remember Burrow told the fans that "those days of lost seasons" are over. Guess he was a bit premature...

As is this post. It's like you guys slept through last year....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:46 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I meant after the injury happened in camp they should've been looking to bring in a viable back up. I would've personally been trying to get Dalton in and seeing if a late Rd pick could've freed him up. But I suppose Wentz might have been a realistic answer but not sure if money situation would have worked out. As far as now? I'm not sure there is a guy you could pull in I suppose Wentz is still available but not sure that route would be worth it at this point. 

I'm just frustrated because as fans we are all left in the dark. Outside speculation was Burrow would miss the 1st month of the season but everything from the team said he would be ready week 1. Now here we are 3 weeks in and he obviously wasn't ready and may be missing even more time. Didn't Hurst strain his calf last year? I didn't think he missed much time.

And so did Hubbard, and that's the whole point. You said you're frustrated as a fan because you are left in the dark and not given a definitive answer. There ARE no definitive answers with injuries like this, they take what they take. Could be a week, could be 6. What i do know is it was important to play him from the beginning if we want a shot this year because of the competition in the AFC. Otherwise, he's be coming in around week four or five, with still no reps. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:39 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: That may have been the most gruesome injury in NFL history. You could hear his knee crack.

Is this your first day???
Krumrie

[Image: tim-krumrie-injury-super-bowl-untoldjpg.jpg]

Theisman

[Image: Theismannbrokenleg_display_image_display...1292954153]

Alex Smith

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0430%2Fr694185_1...format=jpg]

[Image: brutal-football-injuries-u1?fit=crop&fm=...1200&h=720]

Jason Pierre-Paul...

[Image: fotolia_737549_XS.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe, just rub some dirt on it and get back out there!
Ninja

Do the rfaulk special: pee on it.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some of you are taking for granted how hard it is to have the type of roster the Bengals currently have.

They aren't going to "tank" the season when they've had their best roster and best chance to win a Super Bowl maybe ever.

After this year Chido, Reader, Boyd, Jonah, and possibly Higgins are gone. This team won't be as good for the foreseeable future as it currently is.

Sorry, but I'm not just going to give up on this season because Burrow's calf is a little sore.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Browns boards are cryin about the no DPI on that last play? Pitts DB about pulled receivers jersey off with both hands and no flag? NFL and MLB have real problems with play calling. Home plate umps can't tell a ball from a strike.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:39 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: That may have been the most gruesome injury in NFL history. You could hear his knee crack.

Unless you saw the Joe Theisman injury, when the one of the two bones that broke stuck out through the skin. Or those NFL injuries where the legs and feet ended up pointed in bizarre angles. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:41 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Wonder if Browns boards are cryin about the no DPI on that last play? Pitts DB about pulled receivers jersey off with both hands and no flag? NFL and MLB have real problems with play calling. Home plate umps can't tell a ball from a strike.

And one very blatant no-call was the very obvious face mask by Pitt on Watson, when he was running out of the pocket and was basically tackled by his facemask. The Pittsburgh defender grabbed the facemask and didn't let it go, but hung on and pulled Watson down. That ended up giving the ball back to Pittsburgh and I believe eventually a Pittsburgh score. 
Reply/Quote
Didn't see that one, didn't watch entire game. How do refs miss obvious calls the entire world can see? What's the point of replay? Like Sunday JB was gettin hit late a lot after he threw and no flag. I guess Joe isn't in the "club" yet
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some of you are taking for granted how hard it is to have the type of roster the Bengals currently have.

They aren't going to "tank" the season when they've had their best roster and best chance to win a Super Bowl maybe ever.

After this year Chido, Reader, Boyd, Jonah, and possibly Higgins are gone. This team won't be as good for the foreseeable future as it currently is.

Sorry, but I'm not just going to give up on this season because Burrow's calf is a little sore.

That's true. When the effects of Burrows extension hits, they'll lose some veterans. So the overall talent will be lower.

Coaching and drafting will be at a premium. At more of a premium.
Reply/Quote
Rumors continue Burrow headed to IR

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote