Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals QB?
(11-14-2019, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Reid did the same thing, but less of the media focus was on him. 

So, less distraction and risk for signing him. Talent > distraction in his case.

Reid would have been a nice fit here. Better than Webb in that Nickle Back role. Reid can atleast Tackle RB's and has speed and cover ability.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Reid would have been a nice fit here. Better than Webb in that Nickle Back role. Reid can atleast Tackle RB's and has speed and cover ability.

I was all for it......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Most likely only four QBs go in the first Rd, maybe five? I'm in the camp of drafting Chase Young, then getting one of the many very good QBs that will still be there, such as Jalen Hurts.
His NCAA career at Bama speaks for itself, and he's putting up great numbers at Oklahoma. He's mobile and tough.
I like other QBs as well, but if it were to play out something like this, I would be smiling.
Spend the rest of picks on O-Line,LB, and CB. Sign skill position players such as WR and RBs as UDFAs.

As for Kaep, I have nothing against him, but he's not coming here. Carolina, Chicago, Seattle,Arizona maybe, but not here.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true.

The reason the NFL set up this workout is because multiple teams have contacted the league office about Kaepernick.

This is just not true.

You have absolutely no knowledge of this as it's never been made public...Sources previously told ESPN that the league office also said none of the 32 teams had even been made aware of the workout before the memo was sent out. And it's never ever been made public if teams were asking the NFL to do this..
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 05:32 PM)higgy100 Wrote: This is just not true.

You have absolutely no knowledge of this as it's never been made public...Sources previously told ESPN that the league office also said none of the 32 teams had even been made aware of the workout before the memo was sent out. And it's never ever been made public if teams were asking the NFL to do this..

I heard it on an interview on ESPN radio.  

Here are some articles referencing it

https://pix11.com/2019/11/12/nfl-teams-invited-to-kaepernick-private-workout-this-weekend/

According to the source, several NFL teams inquired about the athlete-turned-activist’s “football readiness” and desire to return to the league.

https://africa.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28072048/colin-kaepernick-nfl-workout-why-happening-now-next

several teams have been in contact with the league office to ask about Kaepernick's status, and the league has grown tired of telling teams they're free to find out for themselves. Potentially interested teams haven't wanted to bring in Kaepernick for visits or workouts the way they routinely do on Tuesdays during the season, so the league is organizing Saturday's workout so that interested teams can check him out en masse.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What does protesting against a country that made him a multi-millionaire have anything to do with it?

Let's say people were shooting dolphins and I didn't agree with it, but I was a multi-millionaire. Am I allowed to protest that people are shooting dolphins?

Regardless, he's an old version of Lamar Jackson. He went to the superbowl and threw for 300 yards. He's better than anything else out there on the bench.

Raising awareness and controversy go hand in hand in many cases. This is not a good post, you are misinformed.

I keep hearing this argument, but I have never seen CK say he will play for $700K a year which Finley makes with us and a lot of backups make in the NFL. If his agent went to teams and said take a flyer on Colin fir $700K a job, my guess he would have been hired. But, I read early on he wanted 5 million plus, so he priced himself out of a job.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 05:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I keep hearing this argument, but I have never seen CP say he will play for $700K a year which Finley makes with us and a lot of backups make in the NFL. If his agent went to teams and said take a flyer on Colin fir $700K a job, my guess he would have been hired. But, I read early on he wanted 5 million plus, so he priced himself out of a job.

Finley haint never played in a SB though.  Time will tell how things shake out, I guess.   Kaep playing here would likely extra kill his career though.

All politics aside, I can see why he isn't asking for league minimum or XFL wages.  Without the anthem stuff I could see him being in a spot like Tannehill is now, at worst.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 02:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Hardly.

Name me the last time that the league has coordinated a workout for any one player.  To my knowledge, it's never happened.

Schedule it on a Tuesday?  Why, most front offices hold workouts at their own facilities to try out players.  They won't show on Tuesday either.

No team has brought him in for a workout since he's been out of the league.  So, there's obviously zero interest from ANY team.

The Nfl settled his law suit so this may have been part of that settlement
Reply/Quote
I hear Detroit is front runner according to Vegas odds
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Finley haint never played in a SB though.  Time will tell how things shake out, I guess.   Kaep playing here would likely extra kill his career though.

All politics aside, I can see why he isn't asking for league minimum or XFL wages.  Without the anthem stuff I could see him being in a spot like Tannehill is now, at worst.

I never said he did not have a great resume for a backup QB. My point was he early on wanted starter money before he earned a starting position. To me, he is the type of QB a OC has to game plan their offense around which no one will do for a back up QB.

If he is that good, then he will get signed after his tryout, but we don't know what training regimen he had the past few years.

As far as his decisions he made to disrespect our police (socks) and our flag, he made it and his opinion he was right. But the thing is, employers who think you are wrong have every right to dismiss him, they are at will employers and can take character into their hiring decisions.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I hear Detroit is front runner according to Vegas odds

Says 

Lions
Colts
Steelers
Bears

Steelers?  Ida know.. 
Reply/Quote
Sure its not Lions, Tigers and Bears Oh My???

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never said he did not have a great resume for a backup QB. My point was he early on wanted starter money before he earned a starting position. To me, he is the type of QB a OC has to game plan their offense around which no one will do for a back up QB.

If he is that good, then he will get signed after his tryout, but we don't know what training regimen he had the past few years.

As far as his decisions he made to disrespect our police (socks) and our flag, he made it and his opinion he was right. But the thing is, employers who think you are wrong have every right to dismiss him, they are at will employers and can take character into their hiring decisions.

Tannehill took 7m to backup and maybe start so if CK is asking for 5m that seems reasonable.  If he were asking for the league minimum that would make it seem like he's got some underlying motives, or something. 
Reply/Quote
Hue leading the drills. Can't make this stuff up:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 03:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes he did.....

He started the protest in the Preseason 2016 and lost the starting job later that season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:22 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: He started the protest in the Preseason 2016 and lost the starting job later that season. 

he had multiple surgeries and lost a lot of weight before the '16 season.  He lost the competition for starter in preseason but replaced gabbert in game 6 and started the rest of the season.

Despite playing for a 2 win team with no wide receivers anyone had heard of he finished with a 90.7 rating, 16 tds (in just 11 starts) and only 4 interceptions.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What does protesting against a country that made him a multi-millionaire have anything to do with it?

Let's say people were shooting dolphins and I didn't agree with it, but I was a multi-millionaire. Am I allowed to protest that people are shooting dolphins?

Regardless, he's an old version of Lamar Jackson. He went to the superbowl and threw for 300 yards. He's better than anything else out there on the bench.

Raising awareness and controversy go hand in hand in many cases. This is not a good post, you are misinformed.
Tiger  The only thing that I agree with in your post is people are free to protest things. That being said, NFL players are free to use they're platform ON THEY'RE DAYS OFF.

Players shouldn't be able to protest anything when they are engaged in Football team/NFL related business. Tuesday is the traditional day off for NFL players. Protest your ass off, just not identifying with any team/NFL.

Protesting before games, after a practice with media present, in a locker room with clothing or articles related to your team/NFL is controllable. Because by doing this you are inferring that your team/NFL agrees with whatever you are protesting. When/If they do not, that causes a BIG issue.

Besides who wants an over-the-hill, washed-out, mediocre QB with serious baggage??!!??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:22 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: He started the protest in the Preseason 2016 and lost the starting job later that season. 

He was initially benched in 2015....BEFORE the protests.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote