Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Man Up.
(10-23-2022, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw him after the game out on the field looking for his jock. He lost it on a Mariota run. It seems they put him in for a couple series to replace Apple and quickly realized it wasn't working.

WTS, it was dude's first game-day action and everyone else is in mid-season form. Looking forward to him getting up to speed and moving Apple to the nickle, but it ain't that time yet

The box score does have CTB listed for 3 solo tackles.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm not sure where much of this is coming from?    I sit 20 rows from the field on the 40 yard line in section 139 on the opposing team sideline (the side Apple & CTB played in the 3rd Qtr) and he looked very solid. Lots of knowledgeable fans around my seats and we were watching him, very aggressive tackler.  He played pretty tight coverage and comes off his man to make tackles and take on blockers.   I watched the condensed TV replay tonight and I don't see how anyone could come up with a negative assessment of CBT from watching the game on TV?  Last week there were complaints from some who only listened on the radio.... so not sure what to make of some comments.

But rest assured CTB looked more than ok in his debut and no doubt he will have his welcome to the NFL moment eventually as teams will look to challenge him in the future.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Yep... also, thanks for the discord invite, was hoping to chat while at the stadium but the wifi wasnt strong enough.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw him after the game out on the field looking for his jock. He lost it on a Mariota run. It seems they put him in for a couple series to replace Apple and quickly realized it wasn't working.

WTS, it was dude's first game-day action and everyone else is in mid-season form. Looking forward to him getting up to speed and moving Apple to the nickle, but it ain't that time yet

He couldn’t have been struggling too badly. He rotated with Apple for most of the first half. Apple played the opening series of the second then CTB played the vast majority of the 2nd half.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:44 AM)pally Wrote: He couldn’t have been struggling too badly. He rotated with Apple for most of the first half.  Apple played the opening series of the second then CTB played the vast majority of the 2nd half.

On the ONE Mariotta run mentioned, CTB was not juked out, his man crashed down to block and CTB turned the play inside. It would had been great to for him to make the play but Mariotta is a very good ball runner., especially in open space.   It's as if other teams don't have good players too.... 

Reply/Quote
I remember scratching my head when we drafted Zach Carter with Perrion Winfrey still on the board but, you know, draft season hype seems to be a thing cuz Winfrey is not making an impact on the Browns defense whereas Carter is making some plays. Winfrey's been kicked out of practice, been called out by team veterans and has not gotten snaps even during games where the Browns were incredibly short handed on the Dline.

It's still early, but we're looking smart in the early goings of these two players' careers.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Akeem Davis-Gaither, Zach Carter, and Jay Tufele played really well as reserve defenders. This is really big for the rest of the season for the Bengals especially when they start getting guys back from injury.

Carter looked like he had his best game as a pro.  ADG didn't skip a beat.  Tufele was a massive signinig by this front office.  

I don't know how he graded (other than he made one poor tackle attempt) but CTB was out there quite a bit???  How has he earned snaps (per the discussion from Lou about Dax)???

Good sign that he never got torched.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 06:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know the Falcons were injured against the Bengals strength, but the Bengals were injured against the Falcons strength.

Yep, and that team took the 49ers to the woodshed the week prior.  This league is crazy.  The Seahawks are all alone in first place??? 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 06:20 PM)pally Wrote: Cam Taylor Britt replaced a healthy Eli Apple for the majority of the 2nd half

I saw this as well.  Was that punishment for Apple's gaff?  Wow.  I didn't think Lou would do something like that, but glad CTB got some experience.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carter looked like he had his best game as a pro.  ADG didn't skip a beat.  Tufele was a massive signinig by this front office.  

I don't know how he graded (other than he made one poor tackle attempt) but CTB was out there quite a bit???  How has he earned snaps (per the discussion from Lou about Dax)???

Good sign that he never got torched.  

I think it’s more about Apple continually letting guys run right past him for 3 straight weeks. Remember, both Lamar and Dalton missed wide open TD’s. The one yesterday was probably the last straw for Lou. CTB ended up playing 60% of the defensive snaps.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

It's possible Lou had envisioned more snaps for CTB all along, but he's been injured of course.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's possible Lou had envisioned more snaps for CTB all along, but he's been injured of course.

According to Zac at the postgame presser they planned on playing CTB some today.  He was actually in a series before Apple gave up the bomb.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: According to Zac at the postgame presser they planned on playing CTB some today.  He was actually in a series before Apple gave up the bomb.

Yes, I was just reading that myself.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Any update on the ankle injury that took Collins out of the game for a while?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it’s more about Apple continually letting guys run right past him for 3 straight weeks. Remember, both Lamar and Dalton missed wide open TD’s. The one yesterday was probably the last straw for Lou. CTB ended up playing 60% of the defensive snaps.

Vonn Bell jumped the route to the TE underneath the skinny post. It looked like he was supposed to be the inside leverage there on that post route.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Vonn Bell jumped the route to the TE underneath the skinny post. It looked like he was supposed to be the inside leverage there on that post route.

Bell graded out as one of the top 5 on defense. Eli had a 29. It’s possible some don’t agree with your assessment here.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bell graded out as one of the top 5 on defense. Eli had a 29. It’s possible some don’t agree with your assessment here.

Well it came straight from Arthur Smith's mouth so... The Play was designed to go to Kyle Pitts Vonn Bell read it and jumped the route of course that allowed the post open because there was no inside help.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Well it came straight from Arthur Smith's mouth so... The Play was designed to go to Kyle Pitts Vonn Bell read it and jumped the route of course that allowed the post open because there was no inside help.

Eh, Apple still got beat like a drum on that play. His recovery speed is for shit lately.

Reply/Quote