Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Man Up.
(10-24-2022, 11:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: Ararumo said he wasn't benching him for the play, but the plan all along was to get the rookie reps.

I don’t buy it. It doesn’t go along with what he previously said about rookie DB’s not getting much playing time (wrt Dax). If he thought Apple was playing well CTB would not have got 60% of the defensive snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t buy it. It doesn’t go along with what he previously said about rookie DB’s not getting much playing time (wrt Dax). If he thought Apple was playing well CTB would not have got 60% of the defensive snaps.

But...CTB has been injured. Zac mentioned it in his presser. They intended on working him in, and when it became a blowout, they played him more.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 09:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: But...CTB has been injured. Zac mentioned it in his presser. They intended on working him in, and when it became a blowout, they played him more.

Yep, and Lou mentioned CTB did not have any training camp reps, so they need to get him some game reps when possible. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 10:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Ive said several times PFF Analytics department is outstanding but their player grades from "film study" are crap.

Spot on, cannot put a lot of stock in their film study from week to week. It is just interesting to analyze afterwards.

Nice thread, one thing about Lou is his backups seem to really step up for him when a starter goes down. Tufele, Bailey,
ADG, have really played well with DJ and Logan out. Zach Carter also looks to be coming into form at 3-tech. Takes time
with these rookies, especially one who played on the edge a lot in college so there is a transition to boot with him.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t buy it. It doesn’t go along with what he previously said about rookie DB’s not getting much playing time (wrt Dax). If he thought Apple was playing well CTB would not have got 60% of the defensive snaps.

I think in a tighter game his snap share would have been less but they probably felt they could leave him out there a bit more than they planned knowing they had cushion. As other have said, Hill got a bunch of reps in the preseason and they are probably looking at CTB as most likely having to take meaningful snaps at some point this years because injuries always happen. It's better to get them now when games are in control, but it wouldn't surprise me if he passes Apple by EoY.
Reply/Quote
Good to see how some of the reserves getting reps and many doing well. I didn’t notice it much but sounds like Adeniji did well when collins was out. That’s huge for the bengals if Adeniji turns into a reliable backup OT
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 04:37 PM)bk42 Wrote: Good to see how some of the reserves getting reps and many doing well.  I didn’t notice it much but sounds like Adeniji did well when collins was out.  That’s huge for the bengals if Adeniji turns into a reliable backup OT

He graded really well with PFF.  They got really good backup snaps from a waiver claim, a seventh rounder, a sixth rounder and a fourth rounder.  The best teams in the NFL find ways to get meaningful production from lower round picks/waiver wire guys.  Great to see the Bengals doing it as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 04:37 PM)bk42 Wrote: Good to see how some of the reserves getting reps and many doing well.  I didn’t notice it much but sounds like Adeniji did well when collins was out.  That’s huge for the bengals if Adeniji turns into a reliable backup OT

Just don't ever put him at Guard again lol
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:48 PM)pally Wrote: 4th round pick by Jacksonville in 2021. Spent most of the year on IR.  Waived on cutdown day.  The Bengals picked him up on waivers.  Team had him rated higher than Tyler Shelvin but Jacksonville took him a couple of picks ahead of us.

he was a beast at USC..so yea, we may have lucked out on this one
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just don't ever put him at Guard again lol

Maybe we should stop putting tackles at guard in general... Need a guard, draft a damn guard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 03:27 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe we should stop putting tackles at guard in general... Need a guard, draft a damn guard.

Yes. Mellow
Reply/Quote