Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Up: Da Bears
(09-13-2021, 09:54 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Someone will beat you to it in that warzone 

I lived in Chicago and I'm fine...maybe I am a true badass?

At any rate, if the Rams couldn't contain Montgomery we may have issues with him as well.  I will say Justin Fields was able to, on his first NFL play, avoid a pass rush from Aaron Donald and hit a WR who was being covered by Jalen Ramsey.  The dude beat two Madden 99's on his first play...not bad.

I can see the Bears running the ball a lot and using Fields more and we haven't had the easiest time with rookie QBs with that dynamic aspect.  Unless Dalton falters, and it's a 1pm game so he might not, we're going to have to play a clean game if we want to walk out of Chi town with the W.

Also, this will be the Bears' home opener, so the over the top loud crowd that we had on our side may be an issue, too.  We can win this, but we're going to have to play a more active role IN winning it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we will handle the Bears after watching them last night. They don’t really have much offensive firepower. Use the same game plan on D as we did vs the Vikings and we should have a good game there. Stop the run and force Andy to beat you.

Bears D has some very good players, but we should be able to do enough in the passing games to get by.
Reply/Quote
Opening line is Bears by 3.
Reply/Quote
We stopped Dalvin Cook so hopefully that bodes well for Montgomery although they are different types of backs. We also need with the Bears to watch out for all the TEs - they have three that are TE1 caliber. WR wise they have some speed but are not loaded like the Vikings were.

Basically if our DL can do what it just did again the Bears will have a difficult time scoring. The worry point is if we start Eli Apple again they will go after him right from the opening gun.

Offensively the biggest worry on their DL is of course Mack. They are not as tricky as Zim is on the stunts and blitzes but either way we NEED to improve on our backs and TEs picking up the free rusher. This was Gio's specialty and he was one of the best at it. I really hope they sit Perine and put Evans back there to assist in this as he showed good instincts for this in camp and preseason.

If our blocking holds up the big plays are there in both the pass and run game, as the Bears secondary is a notch below Minnesota's. Hopefully ZT lets Burrow call the plays and we play more aggressively downfield, as the Bears largely lost because of big explosive pass plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 01:46 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: A shit city? Chicago is one of the best cities in the world. I’d slit my wrist before I’d move back to Ohio.

No need to do that, just take a stroll into certain streets in Chicago.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/child-killed-7-others-hurt-in-labor-day-weekend-gun-violence-in-chicago/2607191/
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Bears will have a rowdy crowd and they have a very good defense and running game. Their OL may be suspect at the tackle position, but their interior OL seems very good. I look to see more of Fields. I think the Bengals will make AD been them deep and play tight coverage within 10 yards to make him hold the ball longer.

On offense, the Rams are a great passing offense and exposed the Bears pass defense, but the Bears won the running game battle on both sides of the ball.

It should be an interesting game. The Bears dominated us 4 years ago at PBS in the trenches, it will be a good test again to see how we fare this time around.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: Slitting your wrists would cancel your life insurance.  You could just take a walk outside and odds are you'd catch a stray bullet.  

I’ve sold real estate on the Southside for 15 years, worst neighborhoods in the country, never been harmed or threatened. But solid narrative.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:17 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: I’ve sold real estate on the Southside for 15 years, worst neighborhoods in the country, never been harmed or threatened. But solid narrative.

This isn't a Chicago city pros or cons thread. It is about the upcoming game. 

I grew up in Chicago (Roseland) and know the inner city well. I still live here too. 
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton will lose his starting job sooner than later. His performance was pretty boring and underwhelming last night. The Bears will be looking for a spark, and Fields could give it to them. Dont know if Dalton will still be the starter against us, but I hope he is. Our DL should be able to rattle him pretty easily if they keep showing what they have in preseason and yesterday. If we can stop the run game and put the points on the board, we should be able to beat the Bears and move to 2-0. They are a good team, but we beat a better one yesterday in my opinion. We'll be missing that 12th man next week though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: This isn't a Chicago city pros or cons thread. It is about the upcoming game. 

I grew up in Chicago (Roseland) and know the inner city well. I still live here too. 

Thats pretty cool, and you ended up a Bengals fan. How did that happen? I grew up a Bengal fan in the heart of Steelers country big time. Like right in it lol. My family from Ohio didnt let me become a Steelers fan. They got to me first lol. 
Reply/Quote
My worry is historically, the Bengals haven't been able to handle TE's. And Chicago has some.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 01:41 AM)Joelist Wrote: So we now go to Chicago (I live here, it is a crap city) to face off with the Bears. Compared to the Vikings there are some similarities and some differences:

1) Bears OL is suspect - Peters got hurt tonight as did another Tackle.

2) Montgomery is a VERY underrated back.

3) The Bears defensive front is decent but not as strong as Minnesotas.

4) They have speed at WR but no one like Jefferson; they are stacked at TE though.

5) As tonight showed, they are VERY susceptible to big pass plays.

Assuming we clean up the blocking back issue, the offense should be able to run and pass on them and score. Defensively if we have a DL performance like we did today the Bears will be stymied offensively. And of course, the big thing will be Zac Taylor vs. Matt Nagy. Will Zac actually call a good game? Only the future knows...
Didn't Zac out coach Zimmer yesterday? 
Reply/Quote
I watched their game last night and aside from David Montgomery and Cole Kmet, they looked pretty poor. Here's Dalton's passing chart from last night:

[Image: display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e789...ez6n71.jpg]

They're obviously protecting their suspect OL with play calling and Andy's quick release (sound familiar???). Speaking of that suspect OL, both starting tackles went down with injury last night.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of their struggles from their version of cincy jungle: https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2021/9/12/22670825/chicago-bears-lose-34-14-rough-primetime-season-opener-snf-game-recap-rams-justin-fields-andy-dalton .

If we can execute like we did yesterday and clean up the mental stuff, I feel pretty good about this next game.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. They had to pull the pass in very short because the line blocking was awful - without ADs fast release they would have possibly gotten shut out.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: This isn't a Chicago city pros or cons thread. It is about the upcoming game. 

Not to derail things further, but how many times have you run into Bad, Bad Leroy Brown?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No need to do that, just take a stroll into certain streets in Chicago.
As if taking a stroll into certain streets in Cincy you can't expect similar results ? 
Well traveled 101 is understanding your surroundings. For example, if I'm in Los Angeles for a Dodgers game, it's better to put my bright RED Reds jersey on after I enter the stadium.
FOOTBALL wise, I hope Daltons taking the snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bears will have a rowdy crowd and they have a very good defense and running game. Their OL may be suspect at the tackle position, but their interior OL seems very good. I look to see more of Fields. I think the Bengals will make AD been them deep and play tight coverage within 10 yards to make him hold the ball longer.

On offense, the Rams are a great passing offense and exposed the Bears pass defense, but the Bears won the running game battle on both sides of the ball.

It should be an interesting game. The Bears dominated us 4 years ago at PBS in the trenches, it will be a good test again to see how we fare this time around.

If anyone knows  RED Beards tendencies its da Bengals.. I expect a very good well thought out Defensive game plan that exploits his worse traits. (i.e. cant throw accurate deep, cant scramble well, tipped passes).  If they give him the dink and dunk stuff especially over the middle it maybe a long day....thats what hes good at.  I expect alot of (double A gap) up middle blitzes to force him out of pocket which we all know id not his strong suit. 
Reply/Quote

Suppose you shouldn’t have talked shit in the OP then
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:52 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: People may think this was an exaggeration, but they nailed the Bears fans.  I've experienced them on many an occasion at games up in Detroit.  They're obese, mustachioed, drunken fools who bray endlessly and wreak of onions and "sassages."  The SNL skits were kind.  

[Image: tenor.gif]

I grew a mustache and since its football season all I hear is people mockingly saying Da Bears!
Reply/Quote
Bears suck, Bengals will win big 38-6
Reply/Quote