Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Next weeks feature, crow.
I’d like to revisit this in a week to see how many doom and gloomers come back to earth after things have settled down.

The bengals are not going to not sign any FAs. They also are not going to over pay. Let’s be a little patient, the only big loss that wasn’t expected was bell. But we more or less offset that with Pratt.

Perine, hurst and bates where all expected to leave or can be easily replaced.

This is a good place for us to be in. Good teams lose good players every year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:24 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’d like to revisit this in a week to see how many doom and gloomers come back to earth after things have settled down.  

The bengals are not going to not sign any FAs.  They also are not going to over pay.  Let’s be a little patient, the only big loss that wasn’t expected was bell.  But we more or less offset that with Pratt.  

Perine, hurst and bates where all expected to leave or can be easily replaced.

This is a good place for us to be in.  Good teams lose good players every year.

Perine and Hurst were expected to leave?
Who exactly expected that?
I didn't expect all of them.

But as you said, if they find some adequate replacements, then yes agree overreacting to them leaving.
But I also wouldn't be surprised to see TE and RB2 addressed in the draft now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
All that is true. But the FO fed the fans BS about the focus being on keeping our guys and then........fails to keep nearly all our significant FAs. And have yet to sign anyone to replace the losses. Gotta expect a little anger/pessimism.

I thought more guys would be back.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine and Hurst were expected to leave?

But as you said, if they find some adequate replacements, then yes agree overreacting to them leaving.

After what transpired with CJ last year, how could you not see the same situation playing out? I figured that to be the case. I wanted hurst back, FYI, but the blueprint was laid 12 months ago.

Perine is almost a non issue. He is an ok back. Doesn’t do anything great. We are talking about a backup player. A LOT of running backs can offer a few starts a year.

Within a week, I would be surprised if we don’t sign a Tight End and a RB in FA that takes care of hurst and Perine.

I also think a veteran safety will join the bengals. That is the biggest loss so far (Bell). But I do think Pratt and Wilson form a great duo for the next 3 years. I am assuming Wilson gets extended.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:29 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: All that is true. But the FO fed the fans BS about the focus being on keeping our guys and then........fails to keep nearly all our significant FAs. And have yet to sign anyone to replace the losses. Gotta expect a little anger/pessimism.

I thought more guys would be back.

I’m thinking when they say that they meant, in no particular order.

Burrow, Higgins, chase, Wilson, and you can throw Pratt in here now. The only surprise is Bell, but they clearly didn’t value him at the contract he signed for.

I think the bengals can actually upgrade at RB2 for what Perine got paid. I think hurst will also be easily replaced from a production standpoint.

The loss of Bell and hurst have more locker room Impact than anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine and Hurst were expected to leave?

You act like Perine and Hurst were Kelce and Chubb. Yes, I expected them to leave.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:36 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: You act like Perine and Hurst were Kelce and Chubb. Yes, I expected them to leave.

Thank you.

We are all up in arms about backup players, or average starters.

Losing Higgins and L Wilson would be huge losses. What has transpired really isn’t that big of a deal.

Especially for a small market team expected to sign a QB to potential record setting deal.

Lots of moving parts here.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: After what transpired with CJ last year, how could you not see the same situation playing out?  I figured that to be the case.  I wanted hurst back, FYI, but the blueprint was laid 12 months ago.

Perine is almost a non issue.  He is an ok back.  Doesn’t do anything great.  We are talking about a backup player.  A LOT of running backs can offer a few starts a year.  

Within a week, I would be surprised if we don’t sign a Tight End and a RB in FA that takes care of hurst and Perine.  

I also think a veteran safety will join the bengals.  That is the biggest loss so far (Bell).  But I do think Pratt and Wilson form a great duo for the next 3 years. I am assuming Wilson gets extended.

Out of what hurts the most:
1) Bell
2) Hurst
3) Perine

I do see that Hurst's deal is a 3-year deal, and there's no way the Bengals were going to give that many years to an impending 30 year old.

If the Bengals can land someone to replace two of these guys above, it will open up the draft significantly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Out of what hurts the most:
1) Bell
2) Hurst
3) Perine

I do see that Hurst's deal is a 3-year deal, and there's no way the Bengals were going to give that many years to an impending 30 year old.

If the Bengals can land someone to replace two of these guys above, it will open up the draft significantly.

I would bet a lot of money for all of them to be replaced by weeks end. At least 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:36 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: You act like Perine and Hurst were Kelce and Chubb. Yes, I expected them to leave.

If I gave off that interpretation of Hurst and Perine, I apologize.
I think both can be replaced, but we haven't seen anyone yet and it's already Day 3 of FA.
Until we see a replacement, I'm going to assume they'll wait until the draft to get someone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If I gave off that interpretation of Hurst and Perine, I apologize.
I think both can be replaced, but we haven't seen anyone yet and it's already Day 3 of FA.
Until we see a replacement, I'm going to assume they'll wait until the draft to get someone.

Hayden hurst wasn’t signed until a week into FA last year. FYI
Reply/Quote
Oh we will sign free agents. We definately will. We're going to go into the season with a full roster.

I wasn't a huge Perine fan. Hurst was ok. But, neither are major losses.

Perine really doesn't fit the offensive scheme. But, Mixon might not either.
Reply/Quote
I like Irv Smith at TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hayden hurst wasn’t signed until a week into FA last year.  FYI

I. DON'T. HAVE. PATIENCE!

Tongue

I want FA over so I can make my new mock(s)!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll feel a lot better once we are done with Burrow's contracts and if/when we sign Higgins who I kind of expected to move on get traded within the next year or two.
Reply/Quote
Yall turning on Perine is unfortunate. Go back and watch the games he started. Watch his contributions in the post season. Watch his pass protection.....

Last offseason maybe the shade could be thrown his way, but he was our best RB this year and should be respected for his contributions to this team. Same with Bell. These were culture builders and key locker room leaders you guys are just brushing off as replaceable with 5th 6th round picks.

It's going to take any drafted rookie years to get on their level, from a knowledge and leadership standpoint. These are players on a Championship team. You guys act like we losing players from a 4-13, 8-9 team. Who needs them! They are replaceable! A little high on your horses if you ask me.

Put a little respekt on the names of these players that got us to back to back Conference Championship games. Not all teams can say they've done that outside of KC. So it isn't as easy as some act.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
FWIW, Bates is the biggest loss, by a country mile. Then Bell.

Hurst is an average TE. Dependable hands, though. Perine was a fine RB#2.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like Irv Smith at TE.

Same, young dude and athletic.

Also like Schultz, hooper, tonyan gesecki.

Does anyone really think hurts was substantially better, if at all, than those listed above?
Reply/Quote
It's the same thing every year, people losing their minds about perceived inaction. It's like they haven't been through an NFL offseason before.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:54 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, Bates is the biggest loss, by a country mile. Then Bell.

Hurst is an average TE. Dependable hands, though. Perine was a fine RB#2.

Disagree. Bates was expected to be gone, which then bengals planned for last year.

Bell is the biggest loss because it wasn’t expected by many. Pratt does offset that some.
Reply/Quote