Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next whipping Bengal?
Whoever the next starter that is rated in the bottom 5% of starters at their position with more capable players sitting on the bench behind them.

Besides, Bodine is still on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Peko gone, Rey M. gone. Who will be targeted next to hate on?

Don't forget Hunt. He was always good for a few whacks. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 07:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We've always got Bodine.

Bodine by a landslide and it will be well earned. He blows! Just another example of PA's ego screwing up the team.
Reply/Quote
Theres always marvin.

OG is def gonna get hated on
Bodine
Everyone hates MJ, although im kind of a fan. In rotation

Mine, personality:
Vigil

I just dont like the guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Peko gone, Rey M. gone. Who will be targeted next to hate on?

Has to be Ced....too skinny to move to Guard, no sand in his pants, and didn't high-five Andy.  Bastard.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 07:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Adam Jones

We have a winner, and then he will return an opening day kickoff for a TD and we will all love him again.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 08:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jeremy Hill

I retract my previous statement.  This is the hands-down winner.

Does only one thing (can't do special teams, doesn't pick up blitzers, doesn't run good routes...) and he doesn't do it very well.  I want my Sexy back...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I retract my previous statement.  This is the hands-down winner.

Does only one thing (can't do special teams, doesn't pick up blitzers, doesn't run good routes...) and he doesn't do it very well.  I want my Sexy back...

I'm with you. Hill is horrible.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Has to be Ced....too skinny to move to Guard, no sand in his pants, and didn't high-five Andy.  Bastard.  

LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We have a winner, and then he will return an opening day kickoff for a TD and we will all love him again.  

This is just so true.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi - Was awful last season
Jake Fisher - He's got a lot to prove
Russell Bodine - At best, he hasn't impressed. At worst, he's been steamrolled for instant pressure up the middle.
Tyler Eifert - If he can't stay healthy...which would truly be sad because he's an amazing talent
Michael Johnson - More of an age thing. He was solid in his prime, but it may be time to cut bait soon.
Dre Kirkpatrick - He got paid, so if he doesn't maintain last year's level of play, fans naturally won't be happy
Shaun Williams/George Iloka - I thought they were fine last year, but a lot of fans were a little rough on them because they weren't happy losing Nelson, IMO.
Andy Dalton - As always, he'd better post good numbers to keep the sharks at bay.
Jeremy Hill - 2 straight disappointing seasons + the playoff fumble

A lot of these have big "if's" involved. I think Eifert will be healthy, Dalton will post good numbers again, Williams and Iloka will win people over, and Kirkpatrick will be fine. The o-line, Hill and Michael Johnson (if he's not replaced via draft) are my biggest candidates for fan rage. Among players anyway. Mike Brown, Marvin and Paul Alexander make catch grief yet again if they disappoint yet again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis without a doubt. Whether it be for his countless weekly coaching blunders, god awful clock management skills, giggling in his pressers after an embarrassing loss , clapping wildly on the sidelines while his team implodes and vomits all over themselves in crunch time and in the playoffs. And the best part is unlike Maualuga and other whipping boys of the past Marvin will never leave us with his coach for life pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi - Was awful last season
Jake Fisher - He's got a lot to prove
Russell Bodine - At best, he hasn't impressed. At worst, he's been steamrolled for instant pressure up the middle.
Tyler Eifert - If he can't stay healthy...which would truly be sad because he's an amazing talent
Michael Johnson - More of an age thing. He was solid in his prime, but it may be time to cut bait soon.
Dre Kirkpatrick - He got paid, so if he doesn't maintain last year's level of play, fans naturally won't be happy
Shaun Williams/George Iloka - I thought they were fine last year, but a lot of fans were a little rough on them because they weren't happy losing Nelson, IMO.
Andy Dalton - As always, he'd better post good numbers to keep the sharks at bay.

A lot of these have big "if's" involved. I think Eifert will be healthy, Dalton will post good numbers again, Williams and Iloka will win people over, and Kirkpatrick will be fine. The o-line and Michael Johnson (if he's not replaced via draft) are my biggest candidates for fan rage. Among players anyway. Mike Brown, Marvin and Paul Alexander make catch grief yet again if they disappoint yet again.

I started the thread to have fun and get a leg up on 2017 since we lost 2 fan favorite whipping boys. All of us get frustrated at times. Me personally, I have no issue with critical football critiques. I do have a problem when players are attacked personally. Calling someone a bum is not constructive IMHO. We will always have whipping boys if we lose (more of them if we lose), all teams have them.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 03:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Marvin Lewis without a doubt.  Whether it be for his countless weekly coaching blunders, god awful clock management skills, giggling in his pressers after an embarrassing loss , clapping wildly on the sidelines while his team implodes and vomits all over themselves in crunch time and in the playoffs. And the best part is unlike Maualuga and other whipping boys of the past Marvin will never leave us with his coach for life pass.

No doubt ML has worn out his welcome here with many. The playoff losses were his demise and unless he can make a strong playoff run will keep his title.

Reply/Quote
We already have Hill. I suspect Dennard will join him.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Luvnit2, YOu act like a team that has not won a playoff game in 26 years should be immune to criticism.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 03:57 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Luvnit2, YOu act like a team that has not won a playoff game in 26 years should be immune to criticism.

Here is from an earlier post.

I started the thread to have fun and get a leg up on 2017 since we lost 2 fan favorite whipping boys. All of us get frustrated at times. Me personally, I have no issue with critical football critiques. I do have a problem when players are attacked personally. Calling someone a bum is not constructive IMHO. We will always have whipping boys if we lose (more of them if we lose), all teams have them.

So, nope to your comment

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Shaun Williams/George Iloka - I thought they were fine last year, but a lot of fans were a little rough on them because they weren't happy losing Nelson, IMO.
You're kidding right?

Iloka may have recovered but I thought Williams looked straight up terrible.

Dude got a new contract and instead looked like he should be a back up at best.

I'd be pissed if he ends up starting just because of the contract. 

His spot should be up for competition if he is not performing.

Blowing coverage/missing tackles/bad angles/and fumbling an interception are what he achieved last season.

I would not be upset at all if a decent safety was drafted this season even later just for competition's sake.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 05:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're kidding right?

Iloka may have recovered but I thought Williams looked straight up terrible.

Dude got a new contract and instead looked like he should be a back up at best.

I'd be pissed if he ends up starting just because of the contract. 

His spot should be up for competition if he is not performing.

Blowing coverage/missing tackles/bad angles/and fumbling an interception are what he achieved last season.

I would not be upset at all if a decent safety was drafted this season even later just for competition's sake.

There 2 top notch safeties on this draft. What is one slips to 9? I say BPA and that would most likely be them.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 06:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There 2 top notch safeties on this draft. What is one slips to 9? I say BPA and that would most likely be them.
It doesn't even have to be that.  Though it would be nice.

I've all but decided that the team is going to draft DE, LB early.

Offense is secondary to the team except RB in my opinion.  TE may be an option if they're contemplating Eifert's future.

I don't see WR or O-Line.

Regardless they need a day one starter impact player.  Hooker could very well be that guy.

A player like him could help our CBs, take some pressure off Iloka, and force coverage sacks for our D-line.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote