Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next whipping Bengal?
(03-26-2017, 05:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're kidding right?

Iloka may have recovered but I thought Williams looked straight up terrible.

Dude got a new contract and instead looked like he should be a back up at best.

I'd be pissed if he ends up starting just because of the contract. 

His spot should be up for competition if he is not performing.

Blowing coverage/missing tackles/bad angles/and fumbling an interception are what he achieved last season.

I would not be upset at all if a decent safety was drafted this season even later just for competition's sake.

No, I'm not kidding actually. I think they both got better as the season progressed. Williams put up solid individual numbers, he made plays (3 INTs, 5 PDs, a sack), his PFF rating wasn't bad, and the pass defense was one of the strengths of the teams last year.

Was it a great season? Nah, but people exaggerate the piss out of how bad it was, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 06:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I'm not kidding actually. I think they both got better as the season progressed. Williams put up solid individual numbers, he made plays (3 INTs, 5 PDs, a sack), his PFF rating wasn't bad, and the pass defense was one of the strengths of the teams last year.

Was it a great season? Nah, but people exaggerate the piss out of how bad it was, IMO.

It did get better as the season progressed.

That's one of the reasons DreK got his contract.

I'm still not sold on Williams.

One of those picks was against the Browns which as we all know sucked terribly at QB(6th QB Hogan?), and he fumbled it like a damn fool.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 06:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It did get better as the season progressed.

That's one of the reasons DreK got his contract.

I'm still not sold on Williams.

One of those picks was against the Browns which as we all know sucked terribly at QB(6th QB Hogan?), and he fumbled it like a damn fool.

Hey if you're not sold on him, I totally get and respect that. I just didn't think he was nearly as bad as people claimed last year. Yeah the fumble was bad, but one play can't define a career. Especially in a regular season game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pacman, hopefully...can't understand why he's still a member of the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 07:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Ogbuehi or Bodine..... guess it will depend on how it goes

I agree...
Ogbuehi or Bodine....
if one of them gives up a sack on Dalton & A.D. goes out injured it's over & a winner will then have to be declared....
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 09:28 PM)Steve Wrote: I agree...
Ogbuehi or Bodine....
if one of them gives up a sack on Dalton & A.D. goes out injured it's over & a winner will then have to be declared....

Both are still young, talented (in varying degrees), and could possibly respond to quality coaching. But neither have shown why they have a starting job in the NFL imho. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Back to Dalton I'm afraid if McCarron isn't dealt.
Some people cant help themselves.
Reply/Quote
People will just become fans of the Broncos and whatever team signs Rey on the side so they can still complain about Peko and Rey.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OG
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi by a large margin, then Bodine. I'll call in a long shot with Andre Smith. Never had an overly positive rep to begin with, but has also declined as a player. He's replacing a vey good player. Add learning a new position to that, and you have a recipe for disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 08:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how some are legends in their own minds, have no idea our schemes, role assigned by the coaching staff. But, our expert fans think their opinion makes it true. Kind of funny really.

This is true not only of fans, but observers of politics, religion, which beer tastes best, who makes the best toilet paper and on and on.
There's only one thing that I can agree on with your average Cincinnati native , Gliers Goetta is truly awesome stuff. I grew up on my grandmothers recipe, but she died many years back and with it her recipe. Recently made a trip to Ohio from SC and bought about 6 rolls of it. If you've never tried goetta fried in butter with eggs over easy you just haven't lived yet and if you have and don't like it you should be beaten daily and twice on Sunday. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Anyone read Hobspins piece about Ogbuihis improvement this off season yet?
I'm really hoping it's the real deal, but for some reason I have my doubts. 
None-the-less I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and not rush to judgment the first sack he gives up as I expect some growing pains trying to take over for Wittworth. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm guessing it'll be whoever is satisfied just being a Bengals fan.. 
I'm still waiting for someone to throw a rock through my front window for my attitude towards the whole thing. 

Reply/Quote
Bodine hands down. Years of sustained below average performance. I have no idea how they have kept this guy for so long.

I am encouraged that they have finally cut Rey M three years later than he should have been cut and let Peko go. Maybe there is hope for drafting a center and ditching Bodine.

OG should get another year with a full spring practice but he will be gone if next season even remotely resembles last season for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm guessing it'll be whoever is satisfied just being a Bengals fan.. 
I'm still waiting for someone to throw a rock through my front window for my attitude towards the whole thing. 

Do you live far from the street?

I was going to throw Hill through your window but he can only travel 2 yds at a time.

[Image: th?id=OIP.KiZE4vdS0xr43chzqBJZbwEsCo&pid...=280&h=158]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone read Hobspins piece about Ogbuihis improvement this off season yet?
I'm really hoping it's the real deal, but for some reason I have my doubts.

Actually I will guarantee that Og will improve this year as long as he comes in healthy and stays that way.  The question is if he will improve enough to be a competent starter in the NFL.

I see the '17 whipping boys as being Bodine and Ogbuehi.  And I don't think anyone else is even close right now.
Reply/Quote
The ENTIRE offensive line...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I will guarantee that Og will improve this year as long as he comes in healthy and stays that way.  The question is if he will improve enough to be a competent starter in the NFL.

I see the '17 whipping boys as being Bodine and Ogbuehi.  And I don't think anyone else is even close right now.

Well, he can't  (hopefully ) get much worse! 
Reply/Quote
Oggieboogie might be the worst lineman id ever seen. Yes yes was that bad. Couldn't stand a chance when bullrushed, looked soft, looked lost , looked like he was a practice squad player on the field. Just horrible. I'm not buying the Hobson feel good story on oggieboogie. He has one on every player . And how much better they are than last year. Blah blah.
Reply/Quote
Back to Andy Dalton. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote