Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nirvana
(08-30-2015, 04:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Not mad, I started nothing you started the thread, I responded Kurt is a self centered prick.  Who like always America sucks the tit off of trying to make he some God Like Rock Star after the guy kills himself and then we say he is a genius of some sort but in reality he probably should have had his butt whooped by his dad for spray painting public property...  What a bogus looser this douche was...

I really am saddened that Cobain even gets put into the likes of Hendrix who was very musically gifted and did not commit suicide.

Apples to Oranges IMO.

Nobody actually thought Kurt was a guitar wiz.  That was just a trendy anti-80s shredder downplay in media and mags.

Not like those who got their minds blown when Hendrix came onto the scene.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really am saddened that Cobain even gets put into the likes of Hendrix who was very musically gifted and did not commit suicide.

Apples to Oranges IMO.

Nobody actually thought Kurt was a guitar wiz.  That was just a trendy anti-80s shredder downplay in media and mags.

one could argue OD'ing is suicide
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really am saddened that Cobain even gets put into the likes of Hendrix who was very musically gifted and did not commit suicide.

Apples to Oranges IMO.

Well the 27 year old thing gets them in that category...  they even tried to put Amy Winehouse in there as well just not the case...  As far as guitar playing..  Jimi is unbelievable when it comes to playing the guitar he hardly laid the thing down from my understanding... almost like Slash.. it is always there....  even after Jimi's death he became more than what he was during his lifespan, same as Jim Morrison... etc.. the Legend just builds over time..
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: one could argue OD'ing is suicide

Yeah but never really know... do you?  People take too many pills or mix with too much alcohol.  It happens.

Shotgun and suicide note kind of puts that to rest.

Really no solid argument just speculation.
Reply/Quote
I liked "Unplugged", that's about it for me. I also heard some guy on either Opie and Jim or Joe Rogan's podcast who has a theory that Courtney Love had Cobain killed. I'll try to find some info on that.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah but never really know... do you?  People take too many pills or mix with too much alcohol.  It happens.

Shotgun and suicide note kind of puts that to rest.

Really no solid argument just speculation.

Yeah you do. 
Drugs are dangerous
Alcohol is dangerous
Mixing both together is incredibly dangerous.

Even in the 60s and 70s people knew this. 
Engaging in a highly dangerous activity and dying from it is no different from suicide to me. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I liked "Unplugged", that's about it for me. I also heard some guy on either Opie and Jim or Joe Rogan's podcast who has a theory that Courtney Love had Cobain killed. I'll try to find some info on that.

[Image: 7b797eb7f935e50cf24179c15113023d.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah you do. 
Drugs are dangerous
Alcohol is dangerous
Mixing both together is incredibly dangerous.

Even in the 60s and 70s people knew this. 
Engaging in a highly dangerous activity and dying from it is no different from suicide to me. 

Living on the edge is a way of life.  Reckless and careless of the outcome.

Suicide is a finality.

Do I think more of Hendrix because there isn't a note.  No.  There just is no proof it was an act of finality or purpose.

Cobain shot himself and left a note.  That is pretty certain.
Reply/Quote
Death, post-mortem, and burial

Main article: Death of Jimi Hendrix
[Image: 150px-SamarkandHotel1.JPG]
[/url]
The Samarkand Hotel, where Hendrix spent his final hours
Although the details of Hendrix's last day and death are widely disputed, he spent much of September 17, 1970, in London with [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monika_Dannemann]Monika Dannemann
, the only witness to his final hours.[269] Dannemann said that she prepared a meal for them at her apartment in the Samarkand Hotel, 22 Lansdowne Crescent, Notting Hill, sometime around 11 p.m., when they shared a bottle of wine.[270] She drove Hendrix to the residence of an acquaintance at approximately 1:45 a.m., where he remained for about an hour before she picked him up and drove them back to her flat at 3 a.m.[271] Dannemann said they talked until around 7 a.m., when they went to sleep. She awoke around 11 a.m., and found Hendrix breathing, but unconscious and unresponsive. She called for an ambulance at 11:18 a.m.; they arrived on the scene at 11:27 a.m.[272] Paramedics then transported Hendrix to St Mary Abbot's Hospital where Dr. John Bannister pronounced him dead at 12:45 p.m. on September 18, 1970.[273]
To determine the cause of death, coroner Gavin Thurston ordered a post-mortem examination on Hendrix's body, which was performed on September 21 by Professor Robert Donald Teare, a forensic pathologist.[274] Thurston completed the inquest on September 28, and concluded that Hendrix aspirated his own vomit and died of asphyxia while intoxicated with barbiturates.[275] Citing "insufficient evidence of the circumstances", he declared an open verdict.[276] Dannemann later revealed that Hendrix had taken nine of her prescribed Vesparax sleeping tablets, 18 times the recommended dosage.[277]
After Hendrix's body had been embalmed by Desmond Henley,[278] it was flown to Seattle, Washington, on September 29, 1970.[279] After a service at Dunlop Baptist Church on October 1, he was interred at Greenwood Cemetery in Renton, Washington, the location of his mother's gravesite.[280] Hendrix's family and friends traveled in twenty-four limousines and more than two hundred people attended the funeral, including several notable musicians such as original Experience members Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding, as well as Miles Davis, John Hammond, and Johnny Winter.[281][nb 35]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: 7b797eb7f935e50cf24179c15113023d.jpg]

If anything he would want Love dead. I think this Tom Grant guy is who I heard. http://www.cobaincase.com/events.htm
Reply/Quote
[Image: kurt-cobain-jawbreaker-shirt.jpg][Image: Kurt+Cobain+%25281%2529.jpg]What a Douche LOL.... I love you Kurt!!!

The Blonde One.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:31 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: kurt-cobain-jawbreaker-shirt.jpg][Image: Kurt+Cobain+%25281%2529.jpg]What a Douche LOL....  I love you Kurt!!!

The Blonde One.

That Jawbreaker shirt is so awesome. I need to get one.

(Jawbreaker. Now THERE'S a band more people need to know/talk about!)
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 05:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I liked "Unplugged", that's about it for me. I also heard some guy on either Opie and Jim or Joe Rogan's podcast who has a theory that Courtney Love had Cobain killed. I'll try to find some info on that.

I have a suspicion that some of, if not all of the songs are Hole's 2nd record were Cobain songs.  I don't know that she killed him or anything like that, but Doll Parts and Violet just scream Nirvana to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 06:16 PM)jason Wrote: I have a suspicion that some of, if not all of the songs are Hole's 2nd record were Cobain songs.  I don't know that she killed him or anything like that, but Doll Parts and Violet just scream Nirvana to me.

I've always thought that about that record.  Also thought she had a very Billy Corgan sounding album after that.  

Not sure if she had him killed, but I wouldn't be surprised.  I read somewhere that a week or so before he died he basically had finically cut her off, even cancelling the credit card he'd provided her.  He'd supposedly told people that he intended to both file for divorce from Love and quit Nirvana to embark on a solo career.  He had come to suspect her of infidelity.  

I think Courtney is a class A attention seeker and will do literally anything for money and notoriety.  Not sure if she did it, but I wouldn't be shocked.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:42 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Not mad, I started nothing you started the thread, I responded Kurt is a self centered prick.  Who like always America sucks the tit off of trying to make him into some God Like Rock Star after the guy kills himself and then we say he is a genius of some sort but in reality he probably should have had his butt whooped by his dad for spray painting public property...  What a bogus looser this douche was...  Not saying you were doing this just saying...  my feelings towards Mr. Cobain.

I did start the thread and maybe I took your criticism of Kurt a bit more personally than I should have, but I did think you were over doing it a bit.  Yeah he was a drug addict that killed himself nothing is ever ok with that.  I still liked their music though.  When I started the thread I certainly didn't think there would be anyone with that much hatred for him or the band.  It's cool though, I ain't mad at ya.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:25 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am an English Teacher...   

(08-30-2015, 02:48 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Tough guy I am not I am speaking my opinion....  simple as that..  You are the one sending negative comments towards me.  Making the comment that the OP was just saying they rocked...  I am sure their intent was not to get this much of a response or this type of response.

LOL...I just don't buy it.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:21 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I did start the thread and maybe I took your criticism of Kurt a bit more personally than I should have, but I did think you were over doing it a bit.  Yeah he was a drug addict that killed himself nothing is ever ok with that.  I still liked their music though.  When I started the thread I certainly didn't think there would be anyone with that much hatred for him or the band.  It's cool though, I ain't mad at ya.

Ok, Great!!  see ya!!! "All Apologies" accepted!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:51 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...I just don't buy it.

Teaching the Good Teach baybeeeeeeeeee!
Reply/Quote
Saw them 2 times and they were great.

So glad I saw them.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 11:18 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Ok, Great!!  see ya!!! "All Apologies"  accepted!

I would love know why you seem to hate them on such a personal level?
Reply/Quote